Naruto

Alright, this fight is stupid

This manga is getting stupid with these people who are super all powerful

To be honest, I find myself enjoying Naruto fanfics more then the actual manga these days. :oops:

(I know I am never going to hear the end of this for posting that, and I probably deserve not to, but it's the truth.)

First let me say that I think Jiraiya is going to come back as Pein's new summoning body. Then after Tsunade examines the Pein body Ma toad brings her, she'll know how to free Jiraiya from Pein's control.
...Let me explain. I was wondering why Pein's "piercings" appear to look like bolts extending from the body, then we see one of Pein's "piercings" that he stabbed Jiraiya with starting to take control of Jiraiya's chakra, then we continue to learn that Pein is a body snatcher. I'm thinking that those "piercings" are actually a type of organism that spreads through the body to take control of the host.
But you must be asking "how can Pein take possession of Jiraiya if he's dead?" That's simple. Pein's bodies appear to be able to resurrect themselves as long as there are no obstructions (i.e. a sword in the chest or a half a body). Jiraiya won't be one of Pein's bodies until the organism takes control, at which point it will resurrect the host.
And with Orochimaru slowly taking control of Kabuto's body, Jiraiya's and Orochimaru's destined final battle will take place.

Okay, moving onto my rant: The last two chapters didn't make much sense... I mean, c'mon. Jiraiya thought he had to be more like his students and never give up? Minato and Naruto never give up because Jiraiya never gave up!

How was it that with no arms, Zabuza, Orochimaru, and Deidara are still badass but Jiraiya's helpless with one arm?

How come before this fight, Jiraiya didn't have any relation to Naruto except through his father, and now he "remembers" that he's Naruto's godfather and actually named him?

How come Jiraiya had to leave his sanctuary to see Pein's bodies when he has already seen all of them and knows who they are?

If Jiraiya just wanted to get another look at Pein's bodies, why did he sneak around just to throw shurikens at them and get their attention in his weakened condition?

Jiraiya's Hermit Mode was supposed to make him stronger and faster, but that boost appears to have disappeared after he made his grand entrance destroying that giant yak summon and sending Pein soaring with a kick to the face.

Why didn't Jiraiya unseal Amaterasu, summon more toads to divide Pein's attention, summon Gamabunta, use (a working) Needle Guardian, or use the super-deadly Toad Mouth Binding?

I think that's all.

Last edited:
He was destined to lose

I understand that the fight was just to hype Pein, but the events started to make less and less sense. Jiraiya also seemed to be thrown out of character for the events to happen the way they did.

This manga is getting stupid with these people who are super all powerful

Aside from Pein's cheap resurrection ability, he doesn't really seem "broken" so far. Each of his bodies appear to have basic genin-level ninjutsu and a single s-class ninjutsu... they can't be higher than special jonin individually, at least not most of them (kage > jonin > special jonin > chuunin > genin). Pein can only be classified as a jonin or even kage if all of his bodies are working together against a single opponent, that way they're able to overwhelm and deadlock his opponent. If there's more than one opponent, Pein would have to break his formation... which is probably exactly how Naruto's going to beat him; Pein's weakness is Naruto's strength.
As for Pein's vision, it's not better than the Byakugan. Close, but inferior. The only way the Rinnegan could simulate the Byakugan's near 360 degree field of vision is if all 6 bodies are standing back to back and looking in their own directions, and even then they'd have problems with their peripheral vision.

And as a side note, Pein definitely had a major advantage over Jiraiya: he knew most of Jiraiya's techniques and abilities, but Jiraiya knew nothing of Pein. If Jiraiya walked into that fight knowing at least as much about Pein as we do, I think he could had won. Hell, Jiraiya killed Pein 4 times without having a single clue about what he was up against.

P.S. Pein sucks! Jiraiya FTW!

Last edited:
I am still so behind in this book. Ctaching up though.

The actual cartoon is a bit more enjoyable to wtch.

INEED MORE DRUNKEN ROCK LEE IN MY LIFE!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

You know it!

I want to find that DVD and own that one episode!

One sip and he destroyed a diner. :lol:

My friends dub this anime reference called the eyebrow attack. It's when something bad happens and people freak out and their eyebrows start getting seizures on their own. but yeah, that's what i see when Guy sensei is explaining the situation.

I actually really liked the revelation about the mangekyou and the history of Uchiha Madara. It makes there clan seem so much darker.

This should be a really good fight, but it'll probably take . I'm not entirely sure anything will actually be resolved by this fight, though.

Latest posts

Back