The All-About Video Games thread

I really enjoyed Wolverine's Revenge. I had to rent it twice and eventually locate a used copy across town to buy, but I beat that game fair and square. It's almost certainly the hardest game I've ever beaten. The Void.... agggh. Truly Nintendo Hard.

What made it worthwhile was how rewarding the plot, cutscenes, collectibles etc were, plus Hammil's Wolverine and Stewart's Xavier. I was miffed at first that it wasn't in the movie universe, but the story ended up being really cool. It's also what got me really into the Juggernaut character, who was probably the most fun boss fight in the game, and also great voice-wise. "WHO died and made YOU Miss MANNERS!" My cousin and I loved that line and I still imagine Juggernaut having that voice when I read him.

X-Men: The Official Game was a lot of fun too, actually. I'll probably check Origins out next time I'm in the mood.

Last edited:
Today I bought 2 games. I wanted Red Dead redemption but oh well they had sold out. They had an offer on "buy one get one free" on selected games £15-£20 So I bought God of war 1 and 2 on ps3 and got Sonic and the black knight on wii free (There wasn't a lot of choices and I figured hey it's free and it's one of the sonic games I've not completed yet)

Last edited:
So I rented Dante's Inferno after looking forward to it for ages. I really liked it, especially how they handled the various types of cinematic. I've never played any of the God Of War games so I can't compare them. I'm a big fan of the actual poem though, and it was cool how surprisingly faithful to it they were in a lot of places, while taking the most over-the-top action liberties in others. It worked.

Anyway, I beat it yesterday afternoon after about a week of playing. Last night I was interested in looking for a few things I'd missed and just still in the mood and all.... long story short, from about 2:30am until Noon I played the game from start to finish again without getting up from my chair.

:oops:/8)

Well damn. That scares me now as I just ordered a copy from Amazon....

After discussing with TOG I was gonna get this game as soon as my bills were all paid. Now I don't want to get it and be out $100+ to fix my ps3.
The real question is, "How many are actually breaking due to the game?" The article doesn't really state what the percentage is because the game itself sold lots of copies.

I played it for hours and days and no problems. It's funny we only hear this 4 months later. It didn't say how many people it happened to.

This is funny:

MarioCharacters.jpg

Last edited:
New Mortal Kombat! (no not that video)

Warner Bros announced a new Mortal Kombat is in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Set for release in 2011, the new title will feature an all-new graphics engine, the return of brutal fatalities, and a "reinvention" of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Long-time series creator Ed Boon once again returns to lead his team at his newly re-named NetherRealm Studios in Chicago.

"We can't wait for players to get their hands on Mortal Kombat," said Boon. "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding: mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"

The game will also include new features, such as a 4-player tag-team mode where players battle in teams of two against each other online. Fans can also enjoy the "deepest story mode of any fighting game" and an "extensive" lineup of the series' iconic characters.

More here

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1096096p1.html

Also

Dreamcast Returns In Digital Form
SEGA announced it will begin re-releasing original Dreamcast titles on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network later this year.

Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be the first two titles made available for download, with Sonic releasing first this fall. All Dreamcast games will include enhanced "high resolution visuals," surround sound, online leader boards, and trophies and achievements.

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/109/1096105p1.html

Sonic Adventure!!! God I loved that game so much on DC and on NGC. I can't wait.

Latest posts

Back