The All-About Video Games thread

Okay, couldn't find a thread on it. I just have to say that Alan Wake is friggen amazing. Just putting it out there.

I got that X-Men Origins: Wolverine game second-hand for €8 the other day and it's one of the best budget-purchases I've ever made. It's far better and more enjoyable than the movie (even though it still has a lot of the same story) and it's easily the most fun and enjoyable Wolverine game ever made, even if it is a smidgen on the repetitive side.

If you can find it for a cheap price, like I did and you're in a Wolverine mood, definitely buy it.

I got that X-Men Origins: Wolverine game second-hand for €8 the other day and it's one of the best budget-purchases I've ever made. It's far better and more enjoyable than the movie (even though it still has a lot of the same story) and it's easily the most fun and enjoyable Wolverine game ever made, even if it is a smidgen on the repetitive side.

If you can find it for a cheap price, like I did and you're in a Wolverine mood, definitely buy it.

Is Deadpool in it?

Does anyone else play Bad Company 2 on ps3? I need some battle buddies. Alot of my battles buddies left for the high plains of Red Dead Redemption. I ran into langsta one day and we're not even ps3 mates. What are the chances?

Does anyone else play Bad Company 2 on ps3? I need some battle buddies. Alot of my battles buddies left for the high plains of Red Dead Redemption. I ran into langsta one day and we're not even ps3 mates. What are the chances?

Buy me a PS3 and we've got a deal.

Is Deadpool in it?

Yes, unfortunately he is, but at least there's about five hours of gameplay before they even show him. The ending is the same ****house it was in the movie, but the battle between Wolverine and Weapon XI is pretty incredible and possibly one of my favourite boss battles ever.

The game is really good and is to Wolverine what Spider-Man 2 was to Spider-Man. It's just a pity it was so overshadowed by Arkham Asylum.

Sorry, I stopped reading after this.

I'm leaving right now to buy a brand new PS3 and a copy of this game.

:D

This game is the gaming industry's apology for the deceitful travesty that was X2: Wolverine's Revenge on PS2.

x-men2wolverinesrevenge.jpg

I bought that game expecting a snikt-filled action-fest expansion of the movie exploring Logan's origin further. Instead was the most atrociously difficult game I've ever played and has absolutely nothing to do with the movie series, whatsoever. The only connection to the movie is Hugh Jackman's face on the cover. He doesn't even look like Hugh Jackman in the game.

logansrevenge.jpg

Logan does have a healing factor in it, but it takes about three solid minutes for him to actually heal back up and it doesn't even work if he has his claws out. Not to mention, there's about five levels towards the end where your healing factor is forcibly removed, for stupid reasons in the story.

So, yeah. The game released to capitalise on the best X-Men film is ****ing terrible and the game released to capitalise on the worst X-Men film is quite awesome.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it, mainly cause the last few levels I just put on an invincibility code. But other than the difficulty it was fun, really enjoyed the voice acting.

I only did that with the final boss with Lady Deathstrike and only the very final part of that fight.

But I remember it took me days and hours to beat Juggernaut and Magneto.

I only did that with the final boss with Lady Deathstrike and only the very final part of that fight.

But I remember it took me days and hours to beat Juggernaut and Magneto.

I did it on the Magneto fight, it makes the game infinitely more fun after paying your dues with previous levels

Latest posts

Back