Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

DPAW potential spoilers: I think the film opens in 2029 or 2030. Logan's body is a skeleton and it takes weeks to months for a body to decompose to a skeleton. Logan is set in September of 2029. So late 2029 or early 2030 which fits the weather in the scene. I also think the ending of the film could be set in either 2018 OR 2029/2030. I'll need to see it first.

I am literally so excited. Since I am currently ~unemployed~ I have been rewatching ALL X-Men content this week in preparation. But I am thinking I may need to add a couple of things to that list ;). I cannot wait ... I am seeing it Thursday as well @Starvel
Lol I've gotten so excited I've started counting down the hours. My wife is has taken offense that I seem more excited for this film to premiere than I was for our wedding but like...my wedding didn't have Hugh Jackman in yellow spandex sooooo

Nothing substantial, but for those who watched Korg & Deadpool Reacts in prep for D&W there is a shorter sister video in the "Maximum Reactions" youtube series

Don't know if I'd count this as either MCU or X-Men canon tbh more in line with The Team Thor Shorts non-canon but a bit of fun

Does Blade wear his film series outfit? What about Elektra?
Both wear 'advanced' versions of their outfits. So they're a bit more modern. Blade doesn't wear the long coat, though

would you be able to describe the opening of the movie with deadpool digging up logan's grave and attempting to join the avengers? is this all set up with the car dealership scenes being flashbacks?
The movie opens up with Deadpool digging up Logan's bones, thinking he must have healed from his wounds. After finding out he's really dead, the TVA arrives and they fight Deadpool. In the middle of the fight Deadpool talks to the audience to tell us how he got here. Then we flash back to 6 years earlier to when Deadpool traveled to Earth 616 to audition for the Avengers (with Happy), but he doesn't get accepted. I believe the date was March 14th, it was clearly shown, but I can't remember if it was before or after the 6 year time jump. Anyway, after his rejection, there's a 6 year time jump to where Wade now works at a car dealership. From there, the movie slowly traces us back to the opening scene, before finding another Wolverine.

The movie opens up with Deadpool digging up Logan's bones, thinking he must have healed from his wounds. After finding out he's really dead, the TVA arrives and they fight Deadpool. In the middle of the fight Deadpool talks to the audience to tell us how he got here. Then we flash back to 6 years earlier to when Deadpool traveled to Earth 616 to audition for the Avengers (with Happy), but he doesn't get accepted. I believe the date was March 14th, it was clearly shown, but I can't remember if it was before or after the 6 year time jump. Anyway, after his rejection, there's a 6 year time jump to where Wade now works at a car dealership. From there, the movie slowly traces us back to the opening scene, before finding another Wolverine.
I love this structure!

interesting, so was it clear if deadpool being in the mcu was supposed to be a branch?

March 14th? I'll keep note of that.

interesting, so was it clear if deadpool being in the mcu was supposed to be a branch?
They specifically mention Deadpool's universe is Earth 10005. When Paradox shows a timeline monitor of his universe dying, it doesn't show a branch, but rather the base timeline including branches. So I'd say his universe is not a branch but another universe.

They specifically mention Deadpool's universe is Earth 10005. When Paradox shows a timeline monitor of his universe dying, it doesn't show a branch, but rather the base timeline including branches. So I'd say his universe is not a branch but another universe.
i see, i more meant is it addressed if deadpool being in the mcu created a branch off of the main mcu or is it retconning a scene into the past

thank you slyonic for taking the time to answer all questions! im seeing the film myself in about 30 hours but theres just a few nagging questions that havent left my head since the fan screenings started

Wait, what? So Colossus, Negasonic, Yukio are just hanging around Deadpool while the X-Men are disbanded? The actual present day of the X-Men is 2030? How?

I suppose Earth-10005 is the origin point of all the branching Fox universes, so that makes sense that they're all equally classified as "Earth-10005".

Back