Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

Ah I see, no, they don't address that. The only thing they say about that is that the TVA is aware of his timeline tampering, but they don't care.
im very curios to see if/how they address this in the future within the main mcu

They specifically mention Deadpool's universe is Earth 10005. When Paradox shows a timeline monitor of his universe dying, it doesn't show a branch, but rather the base timeline including branches. So I'd say his universe is not a branch but another universe.
so deadpool leaves from the 10005 "main root branch" and not one of its side branches?

Wait, what? So Colossus, Negasonic, Yukio are just hanging around Deadpool while the X-Men are disbanded? The actual present day of the X-Men is 2030? How?

I suppose Earth-10005 is the origin point of all the branching Fox universes, so that makes sense that they're all equally classified as "Earth-10005".
Honestly, I'm not sure they put much thought into that, because at first I thought Deadpool might have traveled to a point in the future where Logan dies (he digs up the grave after running from the TVA), but .....

the other Wolverine ends up in Deadpool's universe. If we aren't at the point in time where Logan is already dead, there would be two Wolverines running around in 1 universe. And the entire point of the other Wolverine staying, is because the other one is dead.

Honestly, I'm not sure they put much thought into that, because at first I thought Deadpool might have traveled to a point in the future where Logan dies (he digs up the grave after running from the TVA), but .....

the other Wolverine ends up in Deadpool's universe. If we aren't at the point in time where Logan is already dead, there would be two Wolverines running around in 1 universe. And the entire point of the other Wolverine staying, is because the other one is dead.
I would say then that the bookends of the film occur in 2029 or even 2030.

is it said anywhere within the film what year logan dies in logan?

is it possible there are two separate 6 year timejumps? one from 2018 when he auditions to the avengers to 2024 when hes a car dealer again to 2030 when hes digging up logans grave?

I would say then that the bookends of the film occur in 2029 or even 2030.
Happy mentions "the boss" is not available. At first I thought it was a joke about Stark being dead and Deadpool being late, but it did feel like it was a point in time where Stark (and Cap) was still alive/active.

So... That would be pre-october 2023 + six years.... That's a close one.

I think Happy did have his Blip beard.
is it said anywhere within the film what year logan dies in logan?

Nope.

is it possible there are two separate 6 year timejumps? one from 2018 when he auditions to the avengers to 2024 when hes a car dealer again to 2030 when hes digging up logans grave?
It's possible Wade travels from the TVA to the point in time where Logan died. But like I said, it wouldn't really work with the ending of the movie (or rather, it would be a bit of a plot hole).

is it possible that this is retconning the events of deadpool 2 to be taking place in 2024 and the first film taking place from 2020-2022?

to me it sounds like the 616 scene could be either pre or post tony's death in 2023 within the mcu, then he travels back to his universes 2024 from the end of deadpool 2, then 6 years is 2030, soon after logans death

is it possible that this is retconning the events of deadpool 2 to be taking place in 2024 and the first film taking place from 2020-2022?

to me it sounds like the 616 scene could be either pre or post tony's death in 2023 within the mcu, then he travels back to his universes 2024 from the end of deadpool 2, then 6 years is 2030, soon after logans death
Anything's possible!

I just came out of my second showing, the 616 scene is placed March 14th, 2018.
So that seems right with the time it takes for his body to decompose.
huh so i guess maybe the events of the film are in a separate branch following the end of deadpool 2 where similar but different events occurred? or maybe logan is actually a branch? they say in logan definitively it is 2029, that would also explain laura being a variant

huh so i guess maybe the events of the film are in a separate branch following the end of deadpool 2 where similar but different events occurred? or maybe logan is actually a branch? they say in logan definitively it is 2029, that would also explain laura being a variant
I guess you could say Deadpool travels to the future to dig up Logan, but to me personally, in the context of the movie, it doesn't make sense and it was not communicated that way.

Because I feel if timetravel was an option, Deadpool would have tried to save Logan first, before trying to find other Wolverines

I guess you could say Deadpool travels to the future to dig up Logan, but to me personally, in the context of the movie, it doesn't make sense and it was not communicated that way.

Because I feel if timetravel was an option, Deadpool would have tried to save Logan first, before trying to find other Wolverines
yea the weirdest part to reconcile to me is that logan is for sure in 2029, that can't be disputed, and 6 years following 2018 is 2024, and that logic doesn't follow should logan dying in 2029 is the trigger for anything that follows; did you happen to notice a year mentioned anywhere other than the mcu scene?

Back