Lost *spoilers*

It's written somewhere in the Books of Internet Law that when someone is shot suddenly by someone else in a movie or tv show, a "Dear Sister" parody of it must be produced within 24 hours or the internet will cease to exist.

It's written somewhere in the Books of Internet Law that when someone is shot suddenly by someone else in a movie or tv show, a "Dear Sister" parody of it must be produced within 24 hours or the internet will cease to exist.

I wrote an article for fun on this concept a few weeks ago. I kind of want to post it on Facebook but maybe the topic is too well-worn and it would sound old-fogeyish to remark on it at all.

A guy named Mark Pellegrino has just been cast in Lost, supposedly as...
Jacob in an "off-island, circa-70's flashback" that will include the presence of familiar faces. Pellegrino's first appearance as Jacob will be in this season's finale.

:shock:

Jacob in an "off-island, circa-70's flashback" that will include the presence of familiar faces. Pellegrino's first appearance as Jacob will be in this season's finale.

Holy ****ing ****!
I don't know who that actor is and I'm glad, because I don't want his appearance to be spoiler for me. And to get validations that we will be seeing Jacob at last!!! I can't ****ing wait!!!!

Wow. I know who he is. He's was in
Dexter as Rita's abusive ex-husband Paul.

I am always highly amused when he shows up in something because he has my brother's full name. :lol:

Wow. I know who he is. He's was in
Dexter as Rita's abusive ex-husband Paul.

I am always highly amused when he shows up in something because he has my brother's full name. :lol:

I knew I recognized him. He was in
Prison Break
too.

Last edited:
I don't believe it. I've heard so many false spoilers that I no longer know what to expect from them. I don't doubt that he'll be on the show, but I don't think he's
Jacob

Also,
the "familiar face" that "Jacob" runs into is Daniel... Or, so I hear.

I've never seen any evidence towards him being good at memorizing images, sure he's a genius at manipulating people but that doesn automatically translate to great memorization of images from childhood

Are you serious? He obviously memorized files on all the survivors, and his tact of constant manipulation and lies takes a hell of a memory to keep all your stories straight. Look closer.

Sayid was in custody at the Barracks for a little over 24 hours from midday to evening of the next night. Which would equal 4 times food would be brought to him, Once the first night, then breakfast lunch and Dinner. Guessing each interactions being about 2 minutes that would only be 8 minutes. And in keeping with my original guess of 20 minutes that allows for 12 minutes of running, plenty of time to get away from the Barracks(most of that time being in a dark jungle focusing on running). Which ended with Ben being suddenly rendered unconscious. Given the amount of time on a still developing mind weighted against 30 years of future experiences, along with the Other's detail files on the survivors, I doubt he would assume these two different men, given the information available to him, there's reason he would jump to such a dramatic conclusion.

Now you're just overthinking it. Sayid shot him. Have you ever been in a fight? If so, I can guarantee you remember that person's face. If you'd been shot by someone, I'd think it would stick even more clear. HE FRIGGIN' SHOT HIM!! Surviving that, you'd remember the shooter, I don't care who you are and how long its been. This of course takes into context that Ben had very clearly seen Sayid's face and build, his voice/accent, etc. Granted, if Sayid had just jumped out of the jungle in the middle of the night and shot Ben, we wouldn't even be having this debate. But as we both saw, Ben saw him clearly as a child, for long enough to remember him. The bullet was merely the sticking point. ;)

I just find this so incredibly far fetched.

More so than time-travel and a smoke monster?

I'm willing to give you that, I just found the "What-d you say?... You!?!?!?" very forced

So'd I.

Hell I can recount a dozens time I found out that a famous actor was in a movie I saw over a decade ago, and not realizing until I saw that movie again, something you can't quite do with memories.

Think about it this way, you saw an actor in a tv show, it was a good show and you always remembered it. 3 decades later, that's from Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Goerge Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, Barack Obama, and you see that actor again when given a sheet of his biography that basically proves there is no way he was in that one show. You would just chalk his look and first name up to coincidence and not create a devious plan the hinges on time travel. When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Well considering the shot came as a surprise and I'm guessing that he'll be unconscious, in surgery, and on a good amount of pain killers, I find it much easier that along with 30 years of time and the mind****ing true nature of the island may make his image of past Sayid slightly distorted enough for him to chalk it up to coincidence.

Except Ben knows all about the island. He knows what its capable of (healing/time travel/etc). Sure, not at that point in his life when he's shot...but he probably spends the rest of this life learning these things up until the plane first crashes on the island. So yes, its not inconceivable he'd have put 2 + 2 together and figured out Sayid WAS the man who shot him, hell, maybe he even WANTED Sayid to shoot him to set in motion the chain of events which ends with Ben being in control on the island. Pretty ****ing diabolical if you ask me, and thats Ben in a nutshell. Its not at all out of character.

I'm sure at some point Ben figures out that they are from the future (either learns from Richard or something happens and he learns first hand). At that point he starts gathering information on them, making sure he knows everything about them before they get to the island. He may not have recognized Sayid 30 years later, but he knows it's him b/c he's been keeping tabs on him. When Flight 815 crashes, he realizes this is when they get here, and he's got his whole plan prepared; he sends Ethan and the other guy to infiltrate the losties and report back.

and Jack recognized Desmond b/c of his accent and the way he said "brotha"
(not in a gangsta kind of way, in a Scottish kind of way)
but Desmond didn't recognize Jack until after the computer broke and Desmond tried to run away and Jack stopped him with the gun and yelled at him for believing the world was going to end if they didn't put in the numbers and he yells "You don't even know what you're running from!" and that's when Desmond remembers meeting him (from running, and the conversation about not having faith/believing in miracles) so that didn't really seem forced to me.

Exactly.

Last edited:
Seriously, don't read this.

The nature of Jacob showing up will be in flashbacks... He'll visit Sawyer at his parent's funeral, Sun and Jin on their wedding day, and Locke the moment he is pitched out of the window by his daddy.

Latest posts

Back