Lost *spoilers*

I have a question -- where is Widmore right now? On the island as the leader of the others?

Man even Carlton Cuse doesn't know. He's on the island in the 70's, it wasn't until after Ben becomes the leader does he make Widmore turn the wheel

So, is he the leader right now?

Maybe. It's tough to say how high on the chain of command he is at this point. Because it's another 15 years until Ben takes over, I don't see Widmore being in charge that long. But who knows.

Also once in a while I get random ideas and I think this one could be really cool and very much much possible. One day we will get a Christian centered episode, it will open with a flash back to him operating on John Locke after his fall and maybe his story of what happened is a contributing factor to his drinking on the job 4 years later, and when he tells Jack how some patients need hope

I'm just so curious about how Widmore fits into this... Not only do we have to find out when he's leader and how he became leader, but we also have to find out when he left and when he was screwing around with Penny's mother and when Penny was born.

Not only do we have to find out when he's leader and how he became leader, but we also have to find out when he left and when he was screwing around with Penny's mother and when Penny was born.

There is SO much that we still need explained.

It is starting to seem like there won't be enough episodes left to answer all the remaining questions.

I'm just so curious about how Widmore fits into this... Not only do we have to find out when he's leader and how he became leader, but we also have to find out when he left and when he was screwing around with Penny's mother and when Penny was born.

All it takes is just one Widmore centered episode to explain all that

I'll be really disappointed if it's just a "thankfully the bullet missed his heart.... his lungs.... how could the hostiles do this?" maybe with a side of Jack or Juliet conflicted about having to save him and meaningful glances at eachother while doing so.

SIGH.

And was it me or was the bloodstain on his shirt on the other side of his chest from last week?

The Hurley/Miles conversation about time travel was the best bit. We need more of them and less Kate. At least we know why she came back though.

I want to see more Richard/Ben too. Next week looks amazing.

And my lack of internet means I will probably end up going three weeks without a Lost fix!

TOG just reminded me of the fact that the healing of Ben involved him losing his memory or something. People were talking in my house so I didn't catch it but that is so retarded. This is why he's evil?

Meh.

SIGH.

And was it me or was the bloodstain on his shirt on the other side of his chest from last week?

You are right. That's a pretty major error.

Last edited:
The Hurley-Miles parts were the best. I also liked Kate giving Aaron to Claire's mom and her scenes with whats her face.

I do not like this new plot device to explain why Ben is the way he is. He is loses his memory and his innocence. Retarded.

I liked that Ben was an abused angry boy that just wanted to be special and loved.

I would of liked that he always knew Sayid shot him and never revealed it. From the moment they "met" in the hatch.

I would of liked that he always knew Sayid shot him and never revealed it. From the moment they "met" in the hatch.

Seriously. That's what makes Ben scary. He's known about these people for HIS ENTIRE LIFE and that is why he knows how to manipulate them so easily.

"Welcome Back to the land of the living" Best possible line Locke could have said
The Hurley/Miles conversation about time travel was the best bit. We need more of them and less Kate. At least we know why she came back though.
That was freaking hilarious, trying to explain the concepts to Hurley. Specially when they walked out of the house "Hey ask me another question about time travel"

The Hurley-Miles parts were the best. I also liked Kate giving Aaron to Claire's mom and her scenes with whats her face.
I really like how they explained her reason. I was thinking they were going to have Claire show up and tell her, something super natural. But then they do it as a very touching character driven story. Very well done

I do not like this new plot device to explain why Ben is the way he is. He is loses his memory and his innocence. Retarded.

I liked that Ben was an abused angry boy that just wanted to be special and loved.
I didn't take the "Lose of Innocence" line to mean he'll become evil. Just that he'll be one of them. Whatever separates Others from normal people will be taken away from Ben

Seriously. That's what makes Ben scary. He's known about these people for HIS ENTIRE LIFE and that is why he knows how to manipulate them so easily.
As I express before I hate the idea that Ben has been playing everyone because he knew them in the past. I find his character much better when he can manipulate anyone regardless of time travel. And it really doesn't make sense that the little time he spends with these people 30 years prior would give him enough to manipulate them in the way that he does and for the purpose of it. It's just too far fetched. Though having the temple wipe his mind is a cop out, I would prefer if just the trauma of being shot cause a temporary lose, because that would at least seemed more plausible of a cop out.

I also Roger was geat in this episode, I really love that they made him more 3 dimensional than just a "Jerk Father"

But next week's looks great, feels like it's going to be another big answer episode. I really can't wait to see what happens

Also it seems Widmore is in charge but Richard doesn't answer to him

Last edited:
We're all missing one crucial point.

Ben is an evil, manipulative turd as an adult cos Jack refused to help him.

Jack is revealed as the show's true villain, now.

And something tells me that Ben didn't forget like Richard said he would.

Thought this episode was good, although there were somethings that just didn't sit right with me.

For one thing, Kate is letting a lot of information go to people that shouldn't matter to her. She was supposed to keep her mouth shut, but she couldn't. What a whore.

Also, the "Loss of innocence" line got a lot of laughs out of my friends last night. Especially because it was about a 12 year old boy. This I think is only a way to describe what horrible things he'll have to realize in the next episode. I believe young Ben is in this episode coming up, too. Really, though, where the hell has Annie been? Now that I think about it, we've gotten young Ben but no Annnie... Weird.

I think the most interesting moment of this episode was when one of the others was whispering to Richard about Charles and Ellie, and Richard responded, "I don't answer to either of them."

I'm looking forward to find out how the others operate on the Island.

We're all missing one crucial point.

Ben is an evil, manipulative turd as an adult cos Jack refused to help him.

Jack is revealed as the show's true villain, now.

The point I took away from it was that Ben is what he is but the only reason he even has a chance to be any of that is because Kate and Sawyer helped him and brought him to Richard.

I thought that was the "ironic twist" that the writers were trying to imply.

The main question I have is who was the other person that the other mentioned to Richard when he was takng Ben? he said "we should ask someone and Charles".

Thought this episode was good, although there were somethings that just didn't sit right with me.

For one thing, Kate is letting a lot of information go to people that shouldn't matter to her. She was supposed to keep her mouth shut, but she couldn't. What a whore.
You mean about the O6 cover story? I felt it was alright her revealing it to Cassidy and Grandma Littleton. See feel honor bound to left Sawyer's daughter know he cares about her and we saw the emotions that drove her to Claire's mother
Also, the "Loss of innocence" line got a lot of laughs out of my friends last night. Especially because it was about a 12 year old boy. This I think is only a way to describe what horrible things he'll have to realize in the next episode. I believe young Ben is in this episode coming up, too. Really, though, where the hell has Annie been? Now that I think about it, we've gotten young Ben but no Annnie... Weird.
I know, I really hope Annie and Charlotte are not one and the same. I have a feeling when we see Young Ben either in this episode or the next we will see him interact with Annie
I think the most interesting moment of this episode was when one of the others was whispering to Richard about Charles and Ellie, and Richard responded, "I don't answer to either of them."

I'm looking forward to find out how the others operate on the Island.
Same here, I'm so damn curious about Richard's role.

The main question I have is who was the other person that the other mentioned to Richard when he was takng Ben? he said "we should ask someone and Charles".
Strangefate just said it, Elle, the blonde girl from the 50's who was holding the gun to Faraday. The guy said "We should consult Elle and if Charles finds out-" I think Elle has become an authority on time travel for the others

Agreed!

I flat-out LOVED this episode. It's either my second or third favorite one of the season, after "Jughead" and "LaFleur". I'm definitely gonna watch it a couple more times before next week. Bravo, Damon and Carlton.

So, question: the painting of the woman in Ben's house, the woman that Harper Stanhope told Juliet she looks just like: do you think it's Juliet herself? I definitely think she is now, after saving Ben and having that little moment with Roger.

And also... any significance of Ben wanting Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the end of Season 2? They're the Dharma Days people, so... significance?

I love how it's all coming together!

Strangefate just said it, Elle,

I guess he did. Must have missed it.

the blonde girl from the 50's who was holding the gun to Faraday. The guy said "We should consult Elle and if Charles finds out" - I think Elle has become an authority on time travel for the others

That would make sense since I am pretty sure Elle is Eloise Hawking.

According to IMDB, we have not yet seen the younger Eloise Hawking... They've cast someone else as her.

Anyway, I think the writers were trying to make it out to be that Jack was primarily responsible for having Ben become who he now is. Had he helped him, there would have been a good chance that he would have turned out alright... But because he didn't, Kate and Sawyer had no other choice than to give him up to the Others.

Latest posts

Back