Lost *spoilers*

after having watched all of season one in the past 18 hours, I can confidently say that the line youa re referring to was something along the lines of "It takes clothing 40-50 years to decay like this." Which I interpret to mean they must be at least that old, but could definitely be older.

The funny thing is, when Locke discovers Yemi's body near the beachcraft he says "It takes about two years for clothes to fully decay."

That is a good point.

Those of you who talk to me on MSN can skip this, but this is a scenario I have come up with for if Faraday ever has a pre-island flashback:

Widmore or Abaddon or whoever tell him at the end "Pack your ****, you're going on a trip."

At the freighter, he has a really stereotypical jock/geek interaction with a mercenary who basically steals his lunch money. Charlotte shows up and is like "Awww, cute scientist guy, ignore those jerks." Faraday responds with "...<3"

And then, just to twist the knife, Charlotte starts nerding it up about how great it'll be to go to the island and stick it to her "No, Charlotte, you just hallucinated the first five or so years of your life" mother.

This is why Charlotte's so *****y, by the way. "Mom, England sucks. I miss the polar bears. Can't we go back to the Barracks?" "No, because you're ****ing insane."

CBR:

SciFi Wire has an interview with 13-year old Sterling Beaumon, who plays Young Ben Linus on "Lost." He has an interesting perspective on the series, and in talking about his own role seems to tease some upcoming developments in the series.

Matthew Fox, on the other hand, seems to be quitting television after "Lost" concludes next season, if the New York Post is to be believed. Fox would instead like to play Steve McQueen in a bio-pic.

In honesty, I'd be surprised to see Matthew Fox in anything but TV after Lost.

And I'm eager to see what young Ben's got this time around... The kid who plays him seems to either be playing up his role a lot or there's going to be a lot of goodness. I prefer to believe the latter.

The schedule for the rest of the season:

March 18 - Episode 5x09
March 25 - Episode 5x10
April 1 - Episode 5x11
April 8 - Episode 5x12
April 15 - Episode 5x13
April 22 - Clip Show - Working Title
April 29 - Episode 5x14
May 6 - Episode 5x15
May 13 (9:00 PM-11:00 PM) - Episode 5x16/17 (Two-Hour Season Finale)

I started University the week it ends. This is good timing.

Meh. Interesting as always but it's at least the second case this season where they used an entire episode to tell like half an episode's worth of material. The Sawyer-Jack smackdown was good, but there were plenty of stupid moments like Ben breaking years worth of character by standing with his back straight to Sun in the middle of that situation - they had made a specific point of him never doing that in the past.

"How did Locke die?"..... "Uh......That's not important."

nuke-eye.png

The only real standout moment was the Ethan bit. And preteen Ben, just because the casting is so, so good.

Last edited:
Good episode. Sawyer continues to be the man, baby Ethan, Radzinsky, Christian, young Ben etc. Still wondering where Bernard/Rose are and why Sun didn't flash off. I think these are two things they need to explain soon because the inconsistency annoys me.

Sayid as a Hostile is a very interesting problem.

Hurley's conversation with Sawyer foreshadows the finale...

Last edited:
I thought it was a solid, well-paced episode. This episode may've been the first without a specific emphasis on a character. It worked, fortunately enough.

I think the best part of that episode was when Jack went to see Sawyer. The look on his face when he saw Juliet and Sawyer made me laugh... Jack's character has been displaced and we're beginning to see that that was purposeful I guess. He's a workman now, he's lower on the totem pole and no longer a leader. That's cool, I think, as long as they elaborate on it.

Also, with Sun's bit... Was the wrecked Otherville because of the Freighter Folk?

Where was Horace this episode? I like that dude.

Ethan was expected... I actually guessed it would be Karl. But I guess that'd make him too old.

Press release for 5x14 - The Variable, Lost's 100th episode:

On the 100th episode milestone for the series, the time of reckoning has begun when Daniel Faraday comes clean regarding what he knows about the island.

And the guest cast:

Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Francois Chau as Dr. Pierre Chang
Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking
Patrick Fischler as Phil
Eric Lange as Radzinsky
Sarah Farooqui as Theresa
Alice Evans as Younger Eloise Hawking
Wendy Pearson as E.R. doctor
Todd Coolidge as paramedic
Peggy Anne Siegmund as caretaker
Jennifer Sojot as E.R. nurse
Spencer Allyn as Young Daniel Faraday
Michael Dempsey as foreman
Maya Henssens as young girl
Ariston Green as workman
Marvin DeFreitas as Young Charlie
Brad Berryhill as anxious guy

Should be a good episode. :D

I didn't like this episode that much, mainly because is I saw a lot of potentially great moments that fans from season 2 would have been going crazy over, like seeing Chang with Jack. I think Jack should have been have specticle of time travel until that moment, when memories of the Dharma video and the swan comes flooding back and he has no choice but to accept it.

I did love Sawyer knocking Jack down a peg or two, I love how we saw him evolve into a better leader than both Jack and Locke right under our noses

Press release for 5x14 - The Variable, Lost's 100th episode:

On the 100th episode milestone for the series, the time of reckoning has begun when Daniel Faraday comes clean regarding what he knows about the island.

And the guest cast:

Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Francois Chau as Dr. Pierre Chang
Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking
Patrick Fischler as Phil
Eric Lange as Radzinsky
Sarah Farooqui as Theresa
Alice Evans as Younger Eloise Hawking
Wendy Pearson as E.R. doctor
Todd Coolidge as paramedic
Peggy Anne Siegmund as caretaker
Jennifer Sojot as E.R. nurse
Spencer Allyn as Young Daniel Faraday
Michael Dempsey as foreman
Maya Henssens as young girl
Ariston Green as workman
Marvin DeFreitas as Young Charlie
Brad Berryhill as anxious guy

Should be a good episode. :D
I can't wait!!!!

Last edited:
So I read the press releases for the upcoming episodes... lots of amazing things, including
Ben summoning the smoke monster in order to be judged for the sins of his past written by Brian K. Vaughan!

It would appear that the centrics are:

Sayid, Kate, Ben, Miles, Faraday, Juliet or Jack

Last edited:
So I read the press releases for the upcoming episodes... lots of amazing things, including
Ben summoning the smoke monster in order to be judged for the sins of his past written by Brian K. Vaughan!

Oh that really works well with a prediction I have for the Ben centric episode where
we get flashes to everything bad he's done, from Stealing Alex, to killing Henry Gale (writers said they've both "had words"), to whatever happened before the flight that tops it off

okay, so i know i remember the name Radzinski from something. Was he on one of the orientation films or something? Obviously he designed the Swan.

another cool episode. Young ben is every bit as creepy as adult ben! it's actually amazing casting!

But yeah, so i think we can pretty much assume at this point that a lot of the unanswered questions about why the others did what they did in ther eariler seasons or how they knew what they knew about the losties is a direct result of the losties going back in time. The ajira flight landed on the runway. why was it built? b/c they knew the plane was going to crash there. The Dharma initiative has files on it's recruits so that's why they knew what they did about Juliette, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc (but clearly some work needs to be done to get them from what they have now to what they have then), etc.

My one question though is about the games room/recruitment centre. The room with the pictures of the new recruits from each year. Didn't the others keep Kate in that room for a while in season 3 (i think?) If i was locked in a room for any length of time i would DEFINITELY look at the pictures, just out of curiosity and boredom. Not a big deal, but i'm just saying.

Random said:
I think Jack should have been have specticle of time travel until that moment, when memories of the Dharma video and the swan comes flooding back and he has no choice but to accept it.
haha, okay, not to be that guy that likes to point out mistakes in other people's posts, but i was so confused by this sentence. I was seriously thinking, "he was specticle? what does that mean? He thought time travel was a specticle, maybe?"
it took me a while before i figured that you meant skeptical. that was really weird, i would sort of expect someone to make that mistake while speaking, not so much while typing. I'm not trying to pick on you, it just struck me as funny.

Last edited:
okay, so i know i remember the name Radzinski from something. Was he on one of the orientation films or something? Obviously he designed the Swan.

He was Kelvin's Swan mate who apparently put a shotgun in his mouth and killed himself. All that remained was the stain on the ceiling of the hatch.

oh, right!
thanks

i wonder if they are ever going to explain how Kelvin made it to the Dharma initiative after being in the gulf war? Carlton and Damien keep saying things like "I don't think people care about those connections" or "their story is periferal to the story of the island so we're done with them" (they said that about Libby) but I want to know!

When/why did Kelvin join Dharma?
Why was Libby in the psychiatric hospital with Hurley?
Who was Henry Gale?

Latest posts

Back