Lost *spoilers*

And hasn't this been the season of 'christian beliefs' (Ben's Doubting Thomas monologue, the parallels to Jesus on the cross during the Bentham/Ben scene in the most recent ep)?

They took flight 316 to back to the island.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Also several references to Narnia.

The Lampost plays a roll in how they get back to the island. And the Lampost was where the wardrobe entered Narnia.

Charlotte Staples Lewis (C. S. Lewis; author of Narnia books)

And Lewis (the Author) is well known for weaving Christian ideas throughout his works. (Narnia in particular)

John is Jesus (Aslan). Allowed themselves to be sacrificed in order to save everyone.

And Lewis (the Author) is well known for weaving Christian ideas throughout his works. (Narnia in particular)

well he also wrote a lot of just straight forward Christian books (ie Mere Christianity)

The Narnia books are some of his best known but they aren't his most particularly Christian books.

Not that this has anything to do with LOST...

I just had a crazy idea.

Eloise Hawking said that the island is always moving, but that doesn't really seem to be the case, since The Freighter and Michael both used the same heading to get to it/off of it.

What if the Dharma Initiative found the island using the Lampost, but then built the Pearl to stop it from moving? You have to push the button every 108 minutes the prevent it from moving. That way the Dharma Initiative could get on and off the island whenever they wanted to instead of having to find it each time. I'm not sure how the fail safe ties into it...maybe it makes the island stay in one place permanently by setting off the Hydrogen bomb (and that for some reason interferes with the electromagnetic pocket and makes the island stick).

And maybe the only way to get the island to move again was to turn the frozen donkey wheel, but that also dislodged it from time and made it skip (or maybe that was a result of Ben doing it instead of John, or maybe b/c the wheel was so old something didn't work right...it had been knocked off it's alignment or whatever Christian told Locke).

Think about it, why did Oceanic Flight 815 crash? Desmond was late punching in the numbers and there was a "flash" and Christian (who is somehow connected to Jacob...maybe has been on the island before) either came back to life or disappeared. And what happened when Ajira Flight 316 crashed? there was a flash and the plane crashed, Locke came back to life, and most of those who had been on the island before disappeared.

(And I kind of think the LOST island is Atlantis)

I just had a crazy idea.

Eloise Hawking said that the island is always moving, but that doesn't really seem to be the case, since The Freighter and Michael both used the same heading to get to it/off of it.

What if the Dharma Initiative found the island using the Lampost, but then built the Pearl to stop it from moving? You have to push the button every 108 minutes the prevent it from moving. That way the Dharma Initiative could get on and off the island whenever they wanted to instead of having to find it each time. I'm not sure how the fail safe ties into it...maybe it makes the island stay in one place permanently by setting off the Hydrogen bomb (and that for some reason interferes with the electromagnetic pocket and makes the island stick).

And maybe the only way to get the island to move again was to turn the frozen donkey wheel, but that also dislodged it from time and made it skip (or maybe that was a result of Ben doing it instead of John, or maybe b/c the wheel was so old something didn't work right...it had been knocked off it's alignment or whatever Christian told Locke).

Think about it, why did Oceanic Flight 815 crash? Desmond was late punching in the numbers and there was a "flash" and Christian (who is somehow connected to Jacob...maybe has been on the island before) either came back to life or disappeared. And what happened when Ajira Flight 316 crashed? there was a flash and the plane crashed, Locke came back to life, and most of those who had been on the island before disappeared.

Very nice theory. Makes a lot of sense.

I just had a crazy idea.

My only problem with this theory is I don't think that the hatch exploding was jughead. I don't think jughead has come into play yet. They mentioned it again in tonight's (incredible) episode so I really don't think we've seen what we were supposed to see from Jughead yet.

It was so great and not long enough.

Sawyer talking to Richard was the best part.

The giant statue, Sawyer and Juliet, Little Charlotte, and the end. All great moments.

First off, I'm pissed off that I am going to have to wait until the episode premieres online, because I cannot stand my roommates one second longer.

But anyway I loved the episode, not sure how I feel about them being in the DI days for that long. But it still just a top notch episode I love it when Sawyer has to take charge as the defacto leader. Him coming up with their cover story was brilliant, just how he creates this perfect story using the black rock. As is his conversation with Richard. We need to see more of this characters using information wisely. Now originally I thought the idea of a relationship between Sawyer and Juliet would be a horrible idea. But Josh Holloway is such a great actor he pulls it off. Most actors either click or dontI mean this guy has great chemistry with any actor he comes in contact with. Take Jack and Juliet for example, they had no chemistry it was awkward and forced. But with saywer the guy almost brings out the best of the other actors in the scene. (I'd say the only other characters who can really do this are Ben, Hurley and maybe Locke). So his relationship with her just seems much more natural. Though I hate the idea of another love triangle which will ruined the great development here in future epsiodes.

Also I can't wait to see the Hurley hug next episode.

Last edited:
First off, I'm pissed off that I am going to have to wait until the episode premieres online, because I cannot stand my roommates one second longer.

Dude, you've been complaining about them for a while now. You really need to do something about that. Especially when it interferes with Lost viewing. :x

But anyway I loved the episode, not sure how I feel about them being in the DI days for that long. But it still just a top notch episode I love it when Sawyer has to take charge as the defacto leader. Him coming up with their cover story was brilliant, just how he creates this perfect story using the black rock. As is his conversation with Richard. We need to see more of this characters using information wisely.

I agree. It was nice to see them actually talk about someting and share information for once. His conversation with Richard was awesome. I guess the fact that Horace bought Sawyers story means that the DI people haven't found the Black Rock on the island yet. Maybe it isn't there yet.

The DI thing was wierd for me also cuz I kept wondering why only Charlotte disappeared to her "current time" self. Does that mean that if say Juliette left the island would she encounter a past version of herself or is she now the "past version" of herself?

Does that even make sense?

And when Sawyer was describing his ship in his cover story didn't it sound like the way Han Solo described the Millenium Falcon in Star Wars?

Though I hate the idea of another love triangle which will ruined the great development here in future epsiodes.

Me too. I hate that Sawyer is such a wuss for Kate. I wish he would just be over her and we could put this whole love triangle business behind us and get on with the story. I like him with Juliette.

It was awesome finally getting the shot of the whole statue even of it was from behind. I wish they could have spent more time exploring that time. See who the islands residents were then. But I suppose they will get to it.

All in all great episode.

The DI thing was wierd for me also cuz I kept wondering why only Charlotte disappeared to her "current time" self. Does that mean that if say Juliette left the island would she encounter a past version of herself or is she now the "past version" of herself?

She disappeared because she was dead.

I am on the fence about this episode. To say I love it, would be lying, though, that's for sure...

I think the one thing I have a problem with most is Sawyer and Juliet... And therefore I cannot enjoy the rest of the episode.

Here, I thought "this is a great Sawyer episode"... His character really evolved in it. Him talking to Horace and Richard was great and it put our survivors at a very interesting point in the island's history... But why must he and Juliet get together? I was saying to myself "don't kiss" several times throughout the episode. So pissed.

But we'll see how everything shapes up. It's cool and not cool how we are learning about the DI at the same time... I don't even know what to think about this episode... :-/

Don't understand this wishy washy nonsense... Loads of new questions to be answered, and lots of answers that have potential to be found.

This is great. One of the best so far this season.

Here, I thought "this is a great Sawyer episode"... His character really evolved in it. Him talking to Horace and Richard was great and it put our survivors at a very interesting point in the island's history... But why must he and Juliet get together? I was saying to myself "don't kiss" several times throughout the episode. So pissed.

He and Juliet seemed to evolve together better than most of the relationships in the show.

great episode...i wanted to see more of the statue, but I'm sure it's coming at some point. Maybe next season.

Yeah, not looking forward to the love square between Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Juliette. I really hope Sawyer sticks to his guns and is over Kate. I don't want to see the tension there any more...Jack and Juliette both get jealous and they get close...oh, man, i really hope that doesn't happen.

My only problem with this theory is I don't think that the hatch exploding was jughead. I don't think jughead has come into play yet. They mentioned it again in tonight's (incredible) episode so I really don't think we've seen what we were supposed to see from Jughead yet.

maybe, although a reveal that Jughead is buried at the pearl and that it is being used to make the island stick would be pretty big, so that could be what's coming for it.

I realize that my theory in no way explains everything though
-why babies die
-or anything to do with the supernatural elements of the island
-or anything to do with the ancient istory of the island (except that i think it's Atlantis)
-or anything to do with the conflict between Widmore and Ben
-or who Henry Gale was
etc

She disappeared because she was dead.
Yep, I'm guessing a conseinceness is needed for time travel unless Faraday was holding on to her body it would have traveled
I am on the fence about this episode. To say I love it, would be lying, though, that's for sure...

I think the one thing I have a problem with most is Sawyer and Juliet... And therefore I cannot enjoy the rest of the episode.

He and Juliet seemed to evolve together better than most of the relationships in the show.
I'm fine with the fact they spent three years to get to this point. That's much better in terms of getting together. It feels more of a natural progression that way

I just had a crazy idea.

When I said the Pearl, I meant The Swan

maybe, although a reveal that Jughead is buried at the pearl and that it is being used to make the island stick would be pretty big, so that could be what's coming for it.

I disagree, the swan blew up forever ago... I'm over it. If you are going to introduce the loaded gun now, don't have it be one that has already gone off... that isn't good drama and suspense, it's boring. I would guess Jughead will eventually be the reason people who got off the island won't have an island to get back too... I have a whole theory with that and I might type it up if I haev more time.

I would guess Jughead will eventually be the reason people who got off the island won't have an island to get back too... I have a whole theory with that and I might type it up if I haev more time.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, so I look forward to hearing your theory

On a seperate note, check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vile_Vortices

and notice that
one is over the South Pacific - near Fiji, and one is over Tunisa and one is in the North Pacific - Near Guam (The Devil's Sea near Japan)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back