Lost *spoilers*

I like Juliet/Sawyer, even more so for the fact that they gave them three years to evolve their relationship to this point. What I really don't like is this ridiculous love quadrangle we have going on now. And you know why? Because Kate is at the center of it, and she's really, really just not worth it. If I were on that island, I'd stay the hell away from Kate, because frankly she is incapable of forming a real relationship and just ends up hurting everyone around her. Why the guys on the show haven't figured that out yet I don't know, but hopefully they do soon before it gets too soap-opera-y. Because that's all the quadrangle is -- useless soap opera that we really don't need right now as the series nears its conclusion. Have Kate pick a damn guy and then move on (or better yet, have Sawyere take the high (and logical) road and resist any more advances by her; he's had three years to form a real relationship with Juliet, certainly that trumps the occasional fling with and sidelong glance at on-again-off-again Kate. I'm not kidding, if Sawyer did that, I would respect this show even more than I already do).

Mini-rant aside, I thought it was one of the best shows this season. I love the creative use of flash-forward, flash-back this season, and have a feeling that the new method is going to be Jack/Locke in their respective different times. I don't know how long they can keep it up, though; eventually, everyone's going to be together in the same time, so what are they going to flash-back to? Here's hoping that in season six they ditch the formula altogether and tell a straight story to the end.

Also, I have to say it's nice to see Reiko Aylesworth in something good post-24. She was great.

Oh, I have to mention - I loved the "eyeliner" remark when Sawyer was talking about Alpert :lol: I know the issue was brought up at a Lost panel, so this must be a little allusion to the fan's misapprehension of what are apparently just really dark eyelashes. I wonder if they'll work it into the mythology? :D

Last edited:
Oh, I have to mention - I loved the "eyeliner" remark when Sawyer was talking about Alpert :lol: I know the issue was brought up at a Lost panel, so this must be a little allusion to the fan's misapprehension of what are apparently just really dark eyelashes. I wonder if they'll work it into the mythology? :D

It's funny I never thought it was eyeliner, but that comment made think that Richard is from Ancient Egypt given what the statue looked like and all the hieroglyphs. I immediately got an image of him arriving on the island as a slave and being chosen to guide the island through time

Great episode. I liked seeing Horace again. Sawyer and Richard talking was awesome. Why does he want Paul's body though?

I'm actually not against Sawyer/Juliet now. I think I would have preferred to see a male/female relationship that was just friendship and not love but three years together would probably evolve that anyway. So it makes sense and I'm happy with it.

Two weeks! Ah!

Great episode. I liked seeing Horace again. Sawyer and Richard talking was awesome. Why does he want Paul's body though?
Cause the rest of the Others would demand justice, I don't think Richard would have that much sway with all of them. It was kind of like proof of justice

Alright, AnTwan's theory on the ending of LOST:

From day one the series has been about Jack, I think it is pretty undeniable that Jack is a main character, as is the Island. I have been thinking a lot about what questions from season 1 remain to be answered, how the new direction of the show plays into it, and how much they have to wrap up for season six to be at a place where it feels complete. That has to be one of their main concerns. Think back to the first episode of the show. The first real connection on the island is Jack and Kate. As one of the show's main themes is fate vs free will this is very important. Locke, the follower of fate is always forced to make choices, testing him by forcing free will. Jack, a firm believe in free will is constantly faced with a lack of choices, a pre-determined destiny. Fate. Kate is Jack's fate. We see it from day one. That being said, they've tried. They never gave it a fair shake on the island but when they got off the island they did; and it didn't work. I'll get back to this.
The show is about the island, and I think if any characters are going to die in the last season, it's this one the most. Here is where the heavy speculation comes in so stick with me. I think almost everyone is going to get off the island. I don't care if it's by choice, or being pulled away kicking and screaming. I also don't know how, but I don't think those pieces of the puzzle have been put into place. Nevertheless, most will leave. As they go, maybe because they go, maybe they go because, Jughead explodes. The whole island goes boom leaving nothing but a huge nuclear test site where the island used to be (hell, maybe the nuclear test site moves ;) ) Mayhaps Locke stays as he feels it what he needs to do, die with the island, because without it he is nothing anyway. Mayhaps Ben and Widmore stay (because I am sure Widmore will get on that island somehow). I don't know who stays and who goes, but I am almost certain there are two people not going back to the mainland: Jack and Kate.
Jack's tried to live in the real world. It destroyed him. He couldn't handle it. After living on the island he couldn't go back to what the real world represented. Now would be no different. Kate also can't go back. She went back and faced everything she left behind once; but whatever happened with Aaron, she never wants to face that. So she stays with Jack. They give it a chance on the island. Hell, if Locke can walk, Jin stops shooting blanks and Rose doesn't die of cancer on the island then why the can't their relationship stop being so sick? But I am not saying they go down in a barrage of nuclear fury, no, one last use of some sort of time device moves the island away from the escaping people so they aren't caught in the blast of the bomb, and additionally puts Jack and Kate hundreds of years in the past. Before the DI, before the 4 toed statue, before the black rock (on second thought maybe with the black rock, eh? eh?). Where do they live if there is no DI town. They don't want to get rescued so they don't go to the beach. They go to the caves, where there is shelter, water, everything they need. And when they die, and they go to their final resting place they become their own Adam and Eve that Jack finds when they first arrives at the cave early season 1.
That's my theory. Could be all right, none right, part right, or "yeah... right." but we'll see, I think it would be sweet if it was! but I also think it is relatively plausible.

Well, the way that I see the Juliet/Sawyer thing panning out is that Sawyer, believing that Kate would never return, goes to Juliet and makes a new life for himself... But now that Kate is back, he starts to doubt what he has and inevitably the drama once again begins... Until the series finale where all things will be settled. To be honest, I didn't care where the soap opera business ended up until last night's episode... When it really began to stretch. We'll see... I do sort of agree that the relationship sort of makes sense now, them being the two "normal" (available) people in their group.

Also, I was also thinking about the Purge now. The one where Ben poisons everyone? Yea, well if our survivors are a part of DHARMA now, we sort of have a time frame for when they come in and when they eventually have to go. I think that is essential and I think from here I'll be critical of that... Although, I don't doubt the writers have control over that right now.

Also, I've been speculating that Sayid was going to bite it since Caesar showed up (my post is somewhere back there...) and now he's about to get shot? Woah... Am I good? Only time will tell.

some sort of time device...puts Jack and Kate hundreds of years in the past. Before the DI, before the 4 toed statue, before the black rock (on second thought maybe with the black rock, eh? eh?). Where do they live if there is no DI town. They don't want to get rescued so they don't go to the beach. They go to the caves, where there is shelter, water, everything they need. And when they die, and they go to their final resting place they become their own Adam and Eve that Jack finds when they first arrives at the cave early season 1.

I was sort of thinking along the same lines for this part. Adam and Eve end up being two of the Losties, probably Jack and Kate.

This ties in with the whole fate/free will thing you were also talking about - except that I think the destiny thing ties into the time travel stuff. It was their destiny to crash and end up on the island, not because some powerful force of 'fate' 'chose' them, but b/c they had to crash in the present so that they could go back in time and be there in the past. Whatever happened, happened.

I think that we are going to discover that more and more of the unanswered questions from the first four seasons are going to be the result of things the Losties do in the next season and a half. That's why I like my theory about the Swan. You maybe right, and the failsafe didn't set off Jughead, and maybe it will blow up the island at the end, but I definitely think I'm right about the Swan stopping the island from moving, and the failsafe making it stick permanantly until they move the donkey wheel.

anyway, we shal see! :D

See, I just don't think they will get that far into it. How frequently it moves and why it moves is too ambiguously defined right now for them to rigidly define it with a hole, then fill said hole. I think it is a lot more likely they will just ignore it, though I do like your theory for filling the hole we find.
I watch LOST each week with a bunch of "general audiences" trust me... they aren't picking it up.

And when they die, and they go to their final resting place they become their own Adam and Eve that Jack finds when they first arrives at the cave early season 1.

Good work. I forgot all about that. I really need to go back and watch the early seasons. So much has happend and it is difficult, if not impossible, to remember it all.

Alright, AnTwan's theory on the ending of LOST:

From day one the series has been about Jack, I think it is pretty undeniable that Jack is a main character, as is the Island. I have been thinking a lot about what questions from season 1 remain to be answered, how the new direction of the show plays into it, and how much they have to wrap up for season six to be at a place where it feels complete. That has to be one of their main concerns. Think back to the first episode of the show. The first real connection on the island is Jack and Kate. As one of the show's main themes is fate vs free will this is very important. Locke, the follower of fate is always forced to make choices, testing him by forcing free will. Jack, a firm believe in free will is constantly faced with a lack of choices, a pre-determined destiny. Fate. Kate is Jack's fate. We see it from day one. That being said, they've tried. They never gave it a fair shake on the island but when they got off the island they did; and it didn't work. I'll get back to this.
The show is about the island, and I think if any characters are going to die in the last season, it's this one the most. Here is where the heavy speculation comes in so stick with me. I think almost everyone is going to get off the island. I don't care if it's by choice, or being pulled away kicking and screaming. I also don't know how, but I don't think those pieces of the puzzle have been put into place. Nevertheless, most will leave. As they go, maybe because they go, maybe they go because, Jughead explodes. The whole island goes boom leaving nothing but a huge nuclear test site where the island used to be (hell, maybe the nuclear test site moves ;) ) Mayhaps Locke stays as he feels it what he needs to do, die with the island, because without it he is nothing anyway. Mayhaps Ben and Widmore stay (because I am sure Widmore will get on that island somehow). I don't know who stays and who goes, but I am almost certain there are two people not going back to the mainland: Jack and Kate.
Jack's tried to live in the real world. It destroyed him. He couldn't handle it. After living on the island he couldn't go back to what the real world represented. Now would be no different. Kate also can't go back. She went back and faced everything she left behind once; but whatever happened with Aaron, she never wants to face that. So she stays with Jack. They give it a chance on the island. Hell, if Locke can walk, Jin stops shooting blanks and Rose doesn't die of cancer on the island then why the can't their relationship stop being so sick? But I am not saying they go down in a barrage of nuclear fury, no, one last use of some sort of time device moves the island away from the escaping people so they aren't caught in the blast of the bomb, and additionally puts Jack and Kate hundreds of years in the past. Before the DI, before the 4 toed statue, before the black rock (on second thought maybe with the black rock, eh? eh?). Where do they live if there is no DI town. They don't want to get rescued so they don't go to the beach. They go to the caves, where there is shelter, water, everything they need. And when they die, and they go to their final resting place they become their own Adam and Eve that Jack finds when they first arrives at the cave early season 1.
That's my theory. Could be all right, none right, part right, or "yeah... right." but we'll see, I think it would be sweet if it was! but I also think it is relatively plausible.
Interesting theory, I have a good endgame theory that I'll post once I get a chance

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lostj.jpg

Is that young Ben reading a book on the bench in the background?

What do you think Rose and Bernard have been up to for three years?
I don't think they have young ben show up for a little bit. I'm just waiting for Hurley to bump into Roger "Workman", hear his real last name, then see Ben.

And I think Rose and Bernard will be played off as some of the salvage survivors

What do you think Rose and Bernard have been up to for three years?

ooh, good question!

I almost forgot about them!

and Vincent!

nobody commented on the Vile Vortices thing, has it been talked about before?

just in case it hasn't i'm going to quote myself

me said:
On a seperate note, check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vile_Vortices

and notice that
one is over the South Pacific - near Fiji, and one is over Tunisa and one is in the North Pacific - Near Guam (The Devil's Sea near Japan)

I liked seeing Horace again. Sawyer and Richard talking was awesome.

Agreed. I love how in the beginning, the Others were the ones letting slip details and secrets about the island, and now the tables have been completely turned and its the crash survivors keeping (and doling out) the secrets to the Dharma Initiative and the Others/Hostiles (in terms of Sawyer talking about Locke's "mysterious" appearances to Richard).

Why does he want Paul's body though?

In exchange for the two Others killed by Sawyer. Its not justice, but more of an eye for an eye type deal.

I presumed there was a larger reason for wanting Paul's body.

Anyway, young Ben will be showing up sooner than we think.
He's going to be in the next four episodes, which make up a story arc that reveals more about the history of the island.

I presumed there was a larger reason for wanting Paul's body.

Anyway, young Ben will be showing up sooner than we think.
He's going to be in the next four episodes, which make up a story arc that reveals more about the history of the island.

Yea, I don't know specifics but supposedly we're getting more out of these four episodes than we might think.

haha, yeah, i've seen that before!

In regards to Adam and Eve, I'd like to remind everyone that they're only supposed to be fifty years old or so.

after having watched all of season one in the past 18 hours, I can confidently say that the line youa re referring to was something along the lines of "It takes clothing 40-50 years to decay like this." Which I interpret to mean they must be at least that old, but could definitely be older.

The funny thing is, when Locke discovers Yemi's body near the beachcraft he says "It takes about two years for clothes to fully decay."

Latest posts

Back