Lost *spoilers*

I think we are getting Walt back for no other reason then he was prophetic with Locke. They could have just had him be a kid growing up and we'd be done with him, but no... they brought back his specialness and he needs to be there. Also, his comfort with his dad going back to the island too.

Walt and Aaron's futures are somehow connected.

They never explained why the others thought Walt was so special

They took him b/c they couldn't have children, but then they realized that he was different. There is a missing pieces mobisode that brings back the dead birds thing - which they've only mentioned once before (in a flashback in season one I think). I don't think they would go to the trouble of making a mobisode about it if it wasn't going to play into the story (not that all the mobisodes were important, but that one and the one with Christian and Vincent both seemed pretty revealing and important)

I always presumed that they were going to test Walt to see if he could be the new leader.

I'd actually be kind of pissed it they didn't bring Walt back. All the stuff with him in Seasons 1 and 2 and they leave it unresolved? No, I want to see him back if for no other reason than to explain what was so special about him.

I'd be very surprised if they could make Walt relevant again. He's got those weird powers, but that could just be in check with the nature of the show. So what? He can kill birds with his mind... Big deal -- there's a smoke monster on the island, and ghosts run rampant.

I always presumed that they were going to test Walt to see if he could be the new leader.
Interesting
I'd actually be kind of pissed it they didn't bring Walt back. All the stuff with him in Seasons 1 and 2 and they leave it unresolved? No, I want to see him back if for no other reason than to explain what was so special about him.
Same here, there was a lot of set up for him he needs an important role in the story. And I don't think he's a bad actor now, he's just out of the momentum he had 4 years ago,

I just thought of something that sort of irks me...

Charles Widmore was confronted by Ben in the penthouse during Season 4. Charles Widmore told Ben that he was looking for the island, but didn't know how to find it.

This contradicts quite a bit.

First of all, how'd he get a Freighter to the correct location if he didn't know how to find it? Remember, the conversation with Ben and Widmore in the penthouse happened after he turned the donkey wheel. I'm guessing Widmore can't find it after Ben moved the island... BUT here's the thing -- He gave Desmond the address to the Lamp Post Station and knows Eloise Hawking. What's the deal with that?

Widmore HAS to know about the Lamp Post Station, which is why I don't understand this all right now...

Charles Widmore was confronted by Ben in the penthouse during Season 4. Charles Widmore told Ben that he was looking for the island, but didn't know how to find it.

No he didn't.
This is what happens when people recall things that didn't occur.

Charles says he's looking for the Island, and Ben says, "You'll never find it." Widmore smiles and says, "Well, the hunt is on."

Last edited:
I just thought of something that sort of irks me...

This contradicts quite a bit.

First of all, how'd he get a Freighter to the correct location if he didn't know how to find it? Remember, the conversation with Ben and Widmore in the penthouse happened after he turned the donkey wheel. I'm guessing Widmore can't find it after Ben moved the island... BUT here's the thing -- He gave Desmond the address to the Lamp Post Station and knows Eloise Hawking. What's the deal with that?

Widmore HAS to know about the Lamp Post Station, which is why I don't understand this all right now...

Well I'm betting Widmore didn't know about the Lamp post but did know that's were Eloise lived. In fact I don't think Ben knows since the one time another character basically says as a fact that's he's probably lying is the one time he's telling the truth. Also remember it's been said that widmore found the island because of the season 2 finale. I'm willing to bet that Lamp post is her most closely guarded secret as well as Dharma's.

The only thing I don't like is when she says "it's always moving" because that contradicts a lot of previously seen things

Ben has to know about the Lamp Post because he's been on and off the island several times.

That's why I don't like the idea that it's moving all the time, cause remember end of season 2 Michael and Walt left on the same bearing that the freighter uses, it seems it didn't move anytime then, I think once the island moves it has to be relocated to find the correct bearings. But with the O6 since their return was to fix something they needed to recreate the original flight as much as possible in order to draw them to the correct bearing like a magnet. You can definitely travel to and from the island by just know the bearings and considered the island has only moved once before when Widmore turned the wheel, It's very plausible that Ben would not know because he really didn't need to know until now.

Also why would Ben kill Locke? He saved him right until he heard Eloise's name. Because he didn't know Eloise knew how to find the island

That's exactly why. I think before he started gathering the O6, Ben went to Ms. Hawking and she told him what was what... That they all needed to go back and that he could go back, too, if he wanted. I guess. Things are getting real frustrating about now.

Also why would Ben kill Locke? He saved him right until he heard Eloise's name. Because he didn't know Eloise knew how to find the island

I'm almost sure Ben killed Locke because if Locke had committed suicide, The Island wouldn't have resurrected him. The Island Gods don't approve of suicide, so he would have to have been murdered.

I'm almost sure Ben killed Locke because if Locke had committed suicide, The Island wouldn't have resurrected him. The Island Gods don't approve of suicide, so he would have to have been murdered.

Where do you get this idea from? Suicide, in John's case, would have been the sacrifice he was going to make before Ben interfered.

What contradicts stuff is him being murdered. If John was so important, why is he even allowed to die? Remember Michael?

Last edited:
Where do you get this idea from? Suicide, in John's case, would have been the sacrifice he was going to make before Ben interfered.
Yeah, there's no basis for that, Christen and Richard both said he will have to die. The island has basically told him to kill himself. I think you're applying christian beliefs far too much to the island
What contradicts stuff is him being murdered. If John was so important, why is he even allowed to die? Remember Michael?

Yep, he had to die it was necessary for the O6

Yeah, there's no basis for that, Christen and Richard both said he will have to die. The island has basically told him to kill himself. I think you're applying christian beliefs far too much to the island

And hasn't this been the season of 'christian beliefs' (Ben's Doubting Thomas monologue, the parallels to Jesus on the cross during the Bentham/Ben scene in the most recent ep)?

And hasn't this been the season of 'christian beliefs' (Ben's Doubting Thomas monologue, the parallels to Jesus on the cross during the Bentham/Ben scene in the most recent ep)?

Yes but you see there have been countless references to a lot of different religious and philosophical throughout the entire show. You can't just take one and apply it as law when talking about Lost

The most interesting Christian reference was when they said Locke came up from the water... And then Walt said Locke would be on the beach where people would try and hurt him. I thought that was very interesting/cool.

Also, you guys have got me thinking about Frank Lapidus and that woman. I rewatched the episode and it didn't specify that the woman he left with was blonde... So, I think it'll be Sun. She's the only person next to Sayid that isn't accounted for (Damn, where did Sayid end up?). Anyway, if Sayid didn't end up with the Ajira survivors, the only person Sun would trust (before Locke showed up... And I'm not even sure how she'd react to him) would be Lapidus. She wants to go to main island to find Jin. Makes the most sense to me, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
The most interesting Christian reference was when they said Locke came up from the water... And then Walt said Locke would be on the beach where people would try and hurt him. I thought that was very interesting/cool.

Also, you guys have got me thinking about Frank Lapidus and that woman. I rewatched the episode and it didn't specify that the woman he left with was blonde... So, I think it'll be Sun. She's the only person next to Sayid that isn't accounted for (Damn, where did Sayid end up?). Anyway, if Sayid didn't end up with the Ajira survivors, the only person Sun would trust (before Locke showed up... And I'm not even sure how she'd react to him) would be Lapidus. She wants to go to main island to find Jin. Makes the most sense to me, what do you guys think?

I could have sworn the chick said "blonde woman". But I can see why Sun would be there, to keep her and Jin's story of finding each other a little more drama. And I seriously can't wait for everyone's reaction to John

Latest posts

Back