Lost *spoilers*

This episode was off. It did feel rushed. Things came into place randomly. Maybe the writers need to slow back down again?

At the beginning, I was thinking they were going to manipulate us and it was actually going to be an alternate episode which showed what happened the way the Oceanic Six said it happened. That would have been strange.

I too think Ben has done something to Penny. I am worried. It is a good way to get Desmond to the island though, especially if he is going after Ben.

Did Kate give Aaron to the grandmother? Hopefully.

Lapidus on the plane. Those two random people. Mysterious.

I agree with TOG. The entered the window just as the island was moving and because they've been on it before, they flashed back in time. This means the other people on the plane didn't die. I guess Lapidus also flashed off since it would be kinda pointless if he wasn't in it after this episode.

There's also something up with that guy who talked to Jack and was next to Hurley. Widmore spy? Will he have flashed off as well?

Best scene was Hurley reading Y The Last Man.

I think The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham will be a better episode than 316. Locke's crazy adventures are better than Jack's.

Last edited:
When the episode began, in the first few seconds I thought, "Flashback to the pilot or something?" Heh.

I do see how it felt rushed, and will agree to that.

There's going to be a week break and there will be no episode on March 11th. The episode from March 4th will be repeated then.

I also like the idea that the plane crashed in the present day (explaining why there was the Ajira bottle and stuff at the camp in the future and possibly the people shoooting at them) but the Oceanic Six all flashed off it.

And the preview for the next episode has Locke talking to Illana, the woman who was with Sayid. Which means it's either off-island (but why would they meet up?) or... on the island. When the place crashes. And Locke comes back to life!

Last edited:
There's going to be a week break and there will be no episode on March 11th. The episode from March 4th will be repeated then.

I also like the idea that the plane crashed in the present day (explaining why there was the Ajira bottle and stuff at the camp in the future and possibly the people shoooting at them) but the Oceanic Six all flashed off it.

And the preview for the next episode has Locke talking to Illana, the woman who was with Sayid. Which means it's either off-island (but why would they meet up?) or... on the island. When the place crashes. And Locke comes back to life!
Source?

i may be way off on this...but that random guy who ended up on the plane with Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun, Ben, Sayid, (and the US Marshall) said "my condolances on your loss" to Jack while they were in line for the plane. Did somebody else say that to him about his dad the first time?

i may be way off on this...but that random guy who ended up on the plane with Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun, Ben, Sayid, (and the US Marshall) said "my condolances on your loss" to Jack while they were in line for the plane. Did somebody else say that to him about his dad the first time?

Sayid did, I believe.

Sayid did, I believe.

I was just thinking about that...

This is spoilery from here on out... But entirely my speculation.

I know that there is Sayid-centric episode coming up, and it's the episode titled "He's Our You". Since the new guy only reminds me of Sayid, I couldn't help but feel like whoever the new guy is, he's the "new" Sayid.

316 was frustrating in that it proved once again that everyone on the island absolutely HATES information. Either giving or receiving, they just want to be as oblivious as they possibly can be. Its been like that since season 1 though.

Charley: You saw the monster?
Locke: yeah.
Charley: So what is it?
Locke: I dont know.
Charley: oh. Okay.

What? You cant even descibe it? Keep asking damnit!

I swear to god. If everybody just told everyone what happend to them, even when they didnt understand it they'd be back on the mainland with the smoke monster caged in a zoo and Ben chained to Jughead pressing a button every 108 minutes to stop it from exploding.

Last edited:
316 was frustrating in that it proved once again that everyone on the island absolutely HATES information. Either giving or receiving, they just dont want as oblivious as they possibly can. Its been like that since season 1 though.

Charley: You saw the monster?
Locke: yeah.
Charley: So what is it?
Locke: I dont know.
Charley: oh. Okay.

What? You cant even descibe it? And keep asking damnit!

I swear to god. If everybody just told everyone what happend to them, even when they didnt understand it they'd be back on the mainland with the smoke monster caged in a zoo and Ben chained to Jughead pressing a button every 108 minutes to stop it from exploding.

A lot of times it makes sense to me, sometimes it does get annoying. Like with Ben, he lied so much about what he knows its apart of his character, his a pathological liar, he can't help but keep as many secrets as he can. Or Jack never talking about the monster, it's in his character that he just can't believe in things, he'll completely reject any notion of anything supernatural. Like when Hurley said "He did it, he moved the island" Jack says it didn't move just because he can't comprehend it. And on the monster I can see no one wanting to talk about it because something like that is just so mind blowing where do you begin?

But yeah there are times that get annoying particularly Juliet, they keep doing the "how much does she really know" way too much.

Three sneak peaks which reveal quite a bit about the next episode.

SInce "316" was kinda crappy, I'm expecting this one to be amazing. I will not be surprised if it's the best episode of the season so far.

John Locke is such a fantastic character.

AAAAAHHHH!

those clips were amazing! They don't just reveal things about the episode, but about the whole story of the show!

ProjectX2 said:
Sayid did, I believe.

i thought so...hmmm.

I was just thinking about that...

Goodwill said:
This is spoilery from here on out... But entirely my speculation.

SPOILER! I know that there is Sayid-centric episode coming up, and it's the episode titled "He's Our You". Since the new guy only reminds me of Sayid, I couldn't help but feel like whoever the new guy is, he's the "new" Sayid.

well that would mean that Sayid is the new Kate...and then who is Kate? the new Clair? And maybe Jack is the new Charlie (hasbeen with a drug problem)?

Jack is going to be the new Locke now. Where he'll go out and put his leadership responsibilities behind him to uncover what the island is all about.

Really great episode, definitely better than last week's.

This episode reminded me of why I loved Locke, for the first time in two or three seasons.
It would be awesome if Ben says this to Locke when he sees him:

"Oh hey, John. How was your flight back?" :lol:
You know that's exactly what he's going to say.

Fantastic episode. John Locke has always been my favourite character and this just helped cement that even further. The fact that he was willing to commit suicide to save the island/everyone on it is amazing. He's my hero.

And holy ****, Ben killed him! I didn't see that coming. I did like that he basically manipulated Locke into telling him everything he needed to know. Seems like Widmore might know more than Ben does.

I love that the Ajira guys are on the Hydra island. It's neat.

So it seems like we're going to have two stories going on concurrently from now on, right? The past, with the guys who were left behind disguising themselves as Dharma Initiative and encountering the Oceanic 5 and the future, with the Ajira guys, Locke and Ben.

Won't the Oceanic survivors have to get off the island before the island reaches 2004 again? Because if they are still on the island, then they can't possibly have gotten onto the plane and crashed in the first place. It's a paradox. This is why I hate time travel. I do trust in Lindelof and believe that it will all make sense in the end.

Last night's episode was alright. If I hear "we have to go back" one more time on this show, though, I might start throwing stuff at the television. We get that already, now let's get the show rolling here.

While you guys are ga ga over Locke, I want to say that that moment where he killed Locke made Ben for me. He's done all this violent, brutal things but for the past season or so we see him trying to do good... Now we know his true motivations. He just wants to get back to the island, no matter the cost.

Also, the Ajira guys aren't so bad... I want to know what Caesar is looking for in the Hydra. I do want to see more of these people, too. I think that'll be pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back