Lost *spoilers*

Yeah, I think it would be too forced. It would be like every male and female leader on the island has to be in love. Don't forget we also had Ana-Lucia who was teased with both of them. It would feel like it's already been done before and I think it would take away from the story.

Juliet and Sawyer remind me of early Jack and Kate, when they were teasing each other and trusting each other and working together instead of endlessly whining and refusing to interact with the plot and characters that I actually like.

I like some of Lost's romances (Des/Penny, Jin/Sun, Claire/Charlie, Bernard/Rose, Charlotte/Faraday, Libby/Hurley), but I hate all the Sawyer and Kate and Jack drama. I feel like if Juliet gets even more involved in it, she'll become part of that worthless time suck and stop interacting with the good, interesting plotlines about the island and the Others. Right now, she and Sawyer have a good friendship that's developing simultaneously with the interesting island stuff. I'd prefer that didn't change.

Last edited:
The dynamic between them is interesting to say the least. I can't really decide whether I want to see them together, though. I sort of don't because I remember Lindelof explaining that Juliet isn't impressed by or attracted to Sawyer's savagery and that's how I've seen it since. But now, there's this thing where they are mutually hurt by not being able to leave and they've related on that level... You can tell that the two of them have a unique understanding of the other. I do think, though, that Juliet is leagues ahead of Sawyer in terms of maturation and intellect so I don't see why they'd get involved romantically. But if I were Juliet and I saw Sawyer without a shirt enough times, I don't know what I'd think... So, I guess we'll see.

I feel so bad for Faraday, good lord I almost teared up. This episode was really good, we had some great insights to Danielle's History. I wonder what the tunnel did to her people? Anyone else think that was the Temple? I'm loving how Sawyer really seems to treasure people he know now. Like when he ran into Jinn, when Locke disappeared. I'm really loving his character now. And that moment with Locke and Christian was great. Terry O'Quinn plays those moments of testing his faith brilliantly.

I like how they came up with an explanation for the flashes, the wheel being knocked out of place and not turning fully. I can't wait till next episode when they explain the event horizon.

A very interesting episode, but one that I thought may've been too bizarre.

I don't know, but the flashes last night were beginning to confuse me, maybe because I was beginning to think there was more to them. For instance, when Jin told Danielle not to go down there because of the baby... That altered history, yet we know from Faraday that that isn't possible... Then, since it happened and it was possible, the island shifted Jin right back to his group. It self corrected itself. That's what I got, anyway. I don't know if I'm thinking too much or what.

Also, I really like having Jin back. It added drama to the O6 coming back. I didn't think there'd be a connection between the O6 and the left-behinders if it weren't for him... But although the cast is seperated, I like how they still impact each others fates.

I thought the stuff with Danielle was good, but there was too much missing still, I thought. Hopefully, there'll be more of her before Locke goes and corrects the shifting.

And, finally. Charlotte. Forgive me for not caring that she's dead. She didn't really impact the show enough for me to think about it. There were too many characters on the show last season, what's one less this season? I don't care... Hopefully, it only makes Faraday more interesting, because right now he's the break out character for this episode. And his mother is Hawking... You guys called it.

I don't know, but the flashes last night were beginning to confuse me, maybe because I was beginning to think there was more to them. For instance, when Jin told Danielle not to go down there because of the baby... That altered history, yet we know from Faraday that that isn't possible... Then, since it happened and it was possible, the island shifted Jin right back to his group. It self corrected itself. That's what I got, anyway. I don't know if I'm thinking too much or what.

Also, I really like having Jin back. It added drama to the O6 coming back. I didn't think there'd be a connection between the O6 and the left-behinders if it weren't for him... But although the cast is seperated, I like how they still impact each others fates.

I thought the stuff with Danielle was good, but there was too much missing still, I thought. Hopefully, there'll be more of her before Locke goes and corrects the shifting.

And, finally. Charlotte. Forgive me for not caring that she's dead. She didn't really impact the show enough for me to think about it. There were too many characters on the show last season, what's one less this season? I don't care... Hopefully, it only makes Faraday more interesting, because right now he's the break out character for this episode. And his mother is Hawking... You guys called it.

He didn't alter history, because Rosseau *always* met a random Korean man. She's just forgotten over the past sixteen years, having gone bat**** insane. No history was changed.

I don't know, but the flashes last night were beginning to confuse me, maybe because I was beginning to think there was more to them.
There was more, it was getting worse and worse, becoming more violent with the survivors, I think by fixing the wheel Locke stop the flashes, mut now the survivors are stuck in a time period (I'm guessing their in the DI)

For instance, when Jin told Danielle not to go down there because of the baby... That altered history, yet we know from Faraday that that isn't possible... Then, since it happened and it was possible, the island shifted Jin right back to his group. It self corrected itself. That's what I got, anyway. I don't know if I'm thinking too much or what.
Sacred&Profane Is absolutely right. Faraday pointed out to Sawyer that him and Desmond never met, before. So they can't meet. But Desmond did meet Faraday, and when they met later Desmond's mind was from before that time. Richard did meet Locke in the 50's, and we did see he remembered that when they met later on. The point is you can't change the outcome because every decision you've made has already happened

I thought we got tons, considering the flashes were meant to be coming faster, I'm glad they didn't go too far. I mean the biggest question from Danielle was how Montand lost his are, what was the sickness, Why were the number broadcasting, what was their expedition about. We just answered two of those four long awaited questions. And keeping it brief helps make her memory of Jinn more realistic.
I didn't care for Charlotte either, but I did care about Faraday and really wanted them to end up together for his sake.

I don't know what to think of that. That excuse can only be used so many times.
That's why I think they'll be stuck in one time period now

Sacred&Profane Is absolutely right. Faraday pointed out to Sawyer that him and Desmond never met, before. So they can't meet. But Desmond did meet Faraday, and when they met later Desmond's mind was from before that time. Richard did meet Locke in the 50's, and we did see he remembered that when they met later on. The point is you can't change the outcome because every decision you've made has already happened

Also, remember that Faraday told Desmond the rules don't apply to him. Sawyer probably COULD have interacted with Desmond but Faraday just didn't tell Sawyer that because it's like trying explain things to a child. It's easier to give a blanket No. Plus he doesn't want things to get too messed up, he just wanted help.

Everyone else, Faraday included, has to play by the rules. Which is why is going to go and find the child Charlette and tell her not to come back or she will die. He has to, he already has.

I have this sneaking suspicion that season six finale has something to do with Jughead. Just saying.

He didn't alter history, because Rosseau *always* met a random Korean man. She's just forgotten over the past sixteen years, having gone bat**** insane. No history was changed.

exactly

Goodwill said:
I don't know what to think of that. That excuse can only be used so many times.
well it either works or it doesn't. If it works sometimes then it has to work all the time.

If we were going with a "Back To The Future" approach to time travel where your actions affect the future, then you could maybe throw the excuse in there a couple of times but after a while it would get ridiculous (as you were saying
but if the rule of time travel is you can't change the events - If it happens it's going to happen, if it doesn't happen it won't happen - then that excuse better be there every time. In the history of the island Jin did meet Rousseau and her party, the fact that he did meet them in this episode shows that he must have and in fact had to. There was no way to avoid it.

wow that's really confusing! :shock:

But I loved finally seeing the temple, finding out that the "sickness" of Rousseau's party was a result of them going into a Cerberus Vent and that Rousseau actually wasn't crazy (since her husband/boyfriend tried to kill her)
I also loved finding out that Cerberus was a security system, not for the island in general, but specifically for the temple!
I want to know more about the ancient history of the Island! What's the temple for? What is the four-toed statue? etc etc.

I wonder if the Island is somehow related to the myth of Atlantis. (ancient civilization...sinking island...)

My guess is that by the end of the season Faraday is going to be the only one left alive and it's going to tie back into the first scene in episode one of this season with him there while the Dharma Initiative is building the orchid!

I love the fact that this show can make me so excited that I get giddy!

Poor Faraday. I didn't particularly care for Charlotte but I wanted him to get some. I am interested he was the one who told her not to come back though. Sounds like he's going to have a wild time on the island.

I liked seeing the French team. I can't believe I've been talking about wanting to see The Temple for the last week since they've mentioned it back in Season 3 and I believe we saw it in this episode. Seems like the smoke monster is protecting it... because that's where The Hostiles are? I really want to learn more about this side of the island.

Locke is such a brilliant character. He has to sacrifice himself to bring them all back to the island. Everything he's done has been for the good of the island and everyone on it. :(

I thought Ben was kind of weak this episode. His lines didn't seem to have the usual greatness to them. I want to see how he's going to get Kate/Sayid/Hurley there though. And what about Ji Yeon? Is Sun just going to leave him there?

My guess is that by the end of the season Faraday is going to be the only one left alive and it's going to tie back into the first scene in episode one of this season with him there while the Dharma Initiative is building the orchid!

I love the fact that this show can make me so excited that I get giddy!

As I said before, my guess is that the survivors are now stuck in the DI time period, With no more flashes the gang don't have anything to worry about the time skips. Now they have to go undercover to find their way back to the present. Faraday in particular. and the comic con footage, like the orchid outtakes foreshadows a major role at the end of the season. So it leads to Faraday tell Chang everything and finding a way back to the present. Something happens or is revealed that makes it imperative for the DI to resume which reveals a teaser for the end game

I thought Ben was kind of weak this episode. His lines didn't seem to have the usual greatness to them.
i thought it showed that he's really not as in control as he's used to being. He's running out of time and he doesn't know what to do and he's getting desperate. I kind of like seeing this side of him

And what about Ji Yeon? Is Sun just going to leave him there?

Ji Yeon is a girl

Random said:
As I said before, my guess is that the survivors are now stuck in the DI time period, With no more flashes the gang don't have anything to worry about the time skips. Now they have to go undercover to find their way back to the present.

well, I guess that makes sense since Locke pushed the donkey wheel back on it's axis. But then how will they explore the more ancient history of the island? (the black rock, the four-toed statue, etc)

Random said:
So it leads to Faraday tell Chang everything and finding a way back to the present. Something happens or is revealed that makes it imperative for the DI to resume which reveals a teaser for the end game
Who is Chang? is that one of Halliwax's many names?

i thought it showed that he's really not as in control as he's used to being. He's running out of time and he doesn't know what to do and he's getting desperate. I kind of like seeing this side of him
Yeah I thought when he pulled over was great.
well, I guess that makes sense since Locke pushed the donkey wheel back on it's axis. But then how will they explore the more ancient history of the island? (the black rock, the four-toed statue, etc)
I bet they're going to save that for season 6, where everything gets explained
Who is Chang? is that one of Halliwax's many names?

Pierre Change is Halliwax's REAL name, reveal in the comic con video

[youtube]AdWLYVRiin8[/youtube]

Yeah I thought when he pulled over was great.
it was! :D

I bet they're going to save that for season 6, where everything gets explained

I was thinking that this season would explain the history of the island and the Oceanic Six would return right at the end of the season, setting up for season six which just deals with fixing whatever is wrong and wrapping up the story. But you're probably right.
Pierre Change is Halliwax's REAL name, reveal in the comic con video

[youtube]AdWLYVRiin8[/youtube]
wow! I hadn't seen that! :shock: Faraday! I guess that's where your theory comes from. And it ties into the first scene with Faraday when they were building the Orchid. My only question is what happened to Juliette, Sawyer, and Miles. Actually, that made me think of another question. Where are Rose, Bernard, and all of the other nameless losties? They didn't ALL die did they?

I was thinking that this season would explain the history of the island and the Oceanic Six would return right at the end of the season, setting up for season six which just deals with fixing whatever is wrong and wrapping up the story. But you're probably right.
Well I'm thinking their just sticking to Dharma's history. The ancient history feels like something that plays to the end game and explains a lot. Something that would be saved for the end.

wow! I hadn't seen that! :shock: Faraday! I guess that's where your theory comes from. And it ties into the first scene with Faraday when they were building the Orchid. My only question is what happened to Juliette, Sawyer, and Miles. Actually, that made me think of another question. Where are Rose, Bernard, and all of the other nameless losties? They didn't ALL die did they?

My guess is that Juliette, Sawyer, and Miles are with Faraday at least until the O6 return. And I believe the creators have said "I think it's a save bet that Rose and Bernard are alive" I'm guessing there will still be like 5-10 extras with them.

Yea, whatever happened to Rose and Bernard? I can't imagine what they've been seeing/going through... I wonder if they're getting harmed by the shifts.

Latest posts

Back