Lost *spoilers*

I so knew that guy was Widmore and I called The Kid's name being Charlie. I so smart.

Last edited:
CHARLIE HUME. OH MY GOD. A million hearts are floating out of my head.

When Widmore was revealed, I turned to my mom and said, "So he was ALWAYS a douche!"

I actually thought, "There's no way Faraday would bring Charlotte on a suicide mission" right before he said that to Richard Alpert. Only on the island is that a valid excuse. Everywhere else in the world, anyone would think you were crazy, but on the island? It totally works. I hope that Charlotte's sad face was the sad face of "I hope he actually knows how to disarm a bomb" and not the sad face of "I have to make Dan sad because I can't say it back".

Speaking of Charlotte--I hope that yacht goes fast. Thank you, Penny, for knowing that Des has to do the right thing.

And also for naming your child

CHARLIE

HUME.

Charles Whitmore was on the island as an other.

That is freakin huge.

Desmond/Faraday make a great team even when they aren't even together.

I was geeked when Faraday met Richard. The man that doesn't age and the time travel nut. This has to be important later.

Richard Alpert being the lynchpin of the plot of Season 5 is freaking amazing. Such a great character... By unraveling his history, we're unraveling the history of the Island itself.

This week's episode was amazing. Season 5 is shaping up to be the best yet.

I can't believe you guys are hung up on Widmore being an Other... I'm pretty sure that was Danielle "The French Chick" Roussou in the episode, too. Daniel and Ellie (Who I think is our French) said they thought they knew each other... Well, they do (or did) in the future.

Also, Des is my boy. Naming his son Charlie was great... For a second, I thought he'd be named Jacob.

Also, no Jack, Kate or any of the rest of the O6 or Ben. Weird.

I can't believe you guys are hung up on Widmore being an Other... I'm pretty sure that was Danielle "The French Chick" Roussou in the episode, too. Daniel and Ellie (Who I think is our French) said they thought they knew each other... Well, they do (or did) in the future.

Also, Des is my boy. Naming his son Charlie was great... For a second, I thought he'd be named Jacob.

Also, no Jack, Kate or any of the rest of the O6 or Ben. Weird.

I'm positive that Ellie isn't Frenchie. I think her story was, for the most part, true.
I do think that Ellie is Eloise Hawking, and is also related to Daniel. Which is why they wondered if they had seen eachother.

I'm positive that Ellie isn't Frenchie. I think her story was, for the most part, true.
I do think that Ellie is Eloise Hawking, and is also related to Daniel. Which is why they wondered if they had seen eachother.

That's what I thought too. Hell, this could be the very encounter that gets her interested in Time Travel.

That's what I thought too. Hell, this could be the very encounter that gets her interested in Time Travel.

I was thinking the same thing, specially when Daniel said she looked familiar. I definitely think she his mother

I agree. They had this posted on Newsarama....(personaly I think #3 is VERY intriguing and hadn't thought of it at all until now)

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/010928-Heroes-5-3.html

You can now either positively identify, or at least infer, the following facts:

1) Charles Widmore. Not only was he indeed on the island fifty-some years in the past, he was an Other.

2) The Other named "Ellie". I'll tell you why Daniel thought he recognized her. That's his mother, Eloise Hawking.

3) Considering Richard's agelessness, his use of the compass, and other bits, I'm pretty sure that Richard Alpert was aboard the Black Rock when it ran aground on the island years previous.

4) The U.S. Military knows about the island, and has known about the island for quite some time.

5) Locke pretty much sent Richard on the mission to find him as a child himself. That would explain Richard's frustration when he offered young Locke the objects; young Locke didn't choose what Richard expected at that time, and it upset him.

6) If Widmore and Hawking are now definitely confirmed to have been on the island that long before Dharma, it kind of calls the entire tapestry of the show into question. They saw and interacted with a number of people that could have been, in later years, manipulated into being on Flight 815 AND on the freighter. If you recall, Widmore made certain that Daniel Faraday, Miles, and Charlotte were on the freighter himself.

7) Desmond and Penny named their son Charlie. Awwww. Irony alert: her diabolical dad's name is Charles, too. Buzzkill, that.

8) It would seem now that the antipathy between Widmore and Ben goes back to the time of the Purge. It was said that Widmore's been looking for the island for twenty years. I'm guessing that he was exiled by Ben and the gang at some point for some transgression. Either that, or he once moved the island himself. This begs this question: has Widmore ONLY been gone from the island for twenty years, or did he just start looking for it again twenty years ago? Penny is obviously more than twenty years old; was Penny ever on the island herself?

9) I love that the hydrogen bomb was named Jughead. It does make you wonder though . . . exactly where is the bomb buried now, and how much trouble is THAT going to cause?

10) Anyone else think that the "tent-town" is the future site of "New Otherton", as Sawyer liked to call it?

They buried the bomb, and then a site to keep the islands energy from setting it off... In particular, they set it up so a button needed to be pressed every 108 minutes to release the pressure on the bomb.

Just my theory.

1) Charles Widmore. Not only was he indeed on the island fifty-some years in the past, he was an Other.
ZOMG!!!!
2) The Other named "Ellie". I'll tell you why Daniel thought he recognized her. That's his mother, Eloise Hawking.
did they ever confirm that she was his mother?

5) Locke pretty much sent Richard on the mission to find him as a child himself. That would explain Richard's frustration when he offered young Locke the objects; young Locke didn't choose what Richard expected at that time, and it upset him.

I thought of this too! The flashback where Richard goes to John Locke as a child and puts the 4 things in front of him (one was a compass) and asks him which one was his and he picks the wrong thing! so sweet!

9) I love that the hydrogen bomb was named Jughead. It does make you wonder though . . . exactly where is the bomb buried now, and how much trouble is THAT going to cause?
what if they burried it near the frozen donkey wheel? the huge source of energy that melts the drill?
Dr.Strangefate said:
They buried the bomb, and then a site to keep the islands energy from setting it off... In particular, they set it up so a button needed to be pressed every 108 minutes to release the pressure on the bomb.
Just my theory.
maybe, but i thought the energy in the swan hatch was electromagnetic...

wow, what a sweet episode! :shock:

Just my theory.

I thought the pressing the button thing was to keep the island hidden and once it stopped radio communication started and the freightor found them etc..

Yeah that one was pretty silly.

I thought of this too! The flashback where Richard goes to John Locke as a child and puts the 4 things in front of him (one was a compass) and asks him which one was his and he picks the wrong thing! so sweet!

That is sweet. So well written. (Loeb-Bendis are you watching?)

Richard has become the central character for me this season. If he is tied to the old ship that would be very cool also. Is he the 'Adam' of the others?

I like that the flashbacks have now taken the form of time travel.

Gosh I hope no one punches a dinosaur. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please explain to me how the scene with Richard, Young Locke, and the objects now makes sense? That's the one thing I'm still confused about. Other than that, I'm ready to place "Jughead" into the All-Time Top 10 Episodes List... so far. (And I will try to post my list sooner, rather than later.) Yes, it was THAT good.

Could someone please explain to me how the scene with Richard, Young Locke, and the objects now makes sense? That's the one thing I'm still confused about. Other than that, I'm ready to place "Jughead" into the All-Time Top 10 Episodes List... so far. (And I will try to post my list sooner, rather than later.) Yes, it was THAT good.

I'm pretty sure he was testing him for leadership, but also seeing if this was where he gave Locke the compass in the past.

It's that time travel explanation.

The reason why Richard visited him in 1960-something was because of Locke telling Richard about himself in 1954 on the island.

Why Albert was at the hospital was explained, not the objects quite yet. Remember when Albert said they have a very specific selection process for leader that begin at a young age? That's what Albert was doing with the objects.

New Fact: The show can not feature 7 of the biggest characters and still produce one of the best episodes ever aired.

What the **** is with this show? That's just ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back