Lost *spoilers*

Newsarama wrote a review of the first two episodes and there were a few things that stuck out... They think it's very likely that Dan is related to Ms. Hawking. How are people getting this?

It was a good premiere. I didn't even notice that there weren't any flashbacks/forwards until Goodwill pointed it out above.

I love the pace of the show now, though it almost feels like they're moving too fast now. I'm wondering how they're going to stretch this out. More probably happened in the first half hour of last night's episode than in the entirety of Season 3.

4.) A question -- how was Locke able to kill the one guy with a knife? The past can't be changed, right? I thought that was interesting...

You can only not do something if it didn't happen before. We don't know that those guys didn't "mysteriously die" the first time around.

Newsarama wrote a review of the first two episodes and there were a few things that stuck out... They think it's very likely that Dan is related to Ms. Hawking. How are people getting this?

It's the time thing. Dan knows all about time, so does she. I don't see the connection to Charolette. Also, this gives Dan a connection to the island as his Mrs. Hawking knew about it in Desmond's flashback. Charolette is already connected to the island as she told us she was born there. He saids Desmond to find the person that can help, who better than the woman he has already met the last time he time traveled and explained things to him then too.

I thought she was his mom also but as Random pointed out, she isn't in Oxford.

So when Desmond gets there they say "She's in LA" and now he has to fly to LA to find her which puts him in the same city as the rest of the Losties so they can all go to the island together.

Hurley is the man!

I <3 my Shih Tzu!

just to refresh my memory...was Mrs Hawking the lady that Desmond tried to by the ring from in his flashback and she told him that she knew that dude was going to die and if she had saved him he would have died later anyway?

my favourite line was "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?"

I didn't even notice that there weren't any flashbacks/forwards until Goodwill pointed it out above.

the first scene with drilling at the Orchid was a flashback.

I'm wondering if Dan was there b/c the only way to stop the island from "skipping" through time is to get to the frozen donkey wheel so they make for the orchid and he gets there and the island "skips" to that time...so it's actually kind of a flash forward?

Last edited:
Hurley is the man!

I <3 my Shih Tzu!

just to refresh my memory...was Mrs Hawking the lady that Desmond tried to by the ring from in his flashback and she told him that she knew that dude was going to die and if she had saved him he would have died later anyway?

my favourite line was "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?"
Yes she was

the first scene with drilling at the Orchid was a flashback.

I'm wondering if Dan was there b/c the only way to stop the island from "skipping" through time is to get to the frozen donkey wheel so they make for the orchid and he gets there and the island "skips" to that time...so it's actually kind of a flash forward?

I consider the O6 story flashes off, since like the flash forwards and backwards, they seem more about the characters than the overall story

This episode would be good no matter what simply because it featured fifteen cumulative minutes of Jack and Kate (and I liked them both okay in this episode) but approximately a billion years of Sawyer, Juliet, Faraday, and Hurley. Sun, Ben and Sayid were great when they got screentime. I love that Sun is becoming a real player--she's practically starting her own faction. Even the way Widmore owned her illustrates that he considers her to be potentially dangerous.

Hurley's "**** you" to Ben was fantastic. I laughed at Ben's expression when Hurley threw the hot pocket at him. I love Ben, but I've been wanting someone to do this for a few seasons now--throw out all these machinations and just give him the metaphorical finger.

When Neil was whining on the beach, I was like "Artz 2.0 much? I bet something horrible happens to him." It's like by going back in time, they pulled the Others back to their role as mysterious figures who only appear long enough to horrifically brutalize them. "The first isn't negotiable."

Poor Sawyer. So, he definitely cared about Kate, Hurley, Desmond and Aaron. Was he friends with Sayid and Sun? I think he got along pretty well with them and he and Jack had that kind of rivalry-with-grudging-respect thing going on. I loved his lines in this episode. "Shut it, Ginger, or you'll get some too."

Poor Faraday. I hope he and Ginger make it out okay. When he was touching his face while her nose was bleeding, did anyone else think he was checking if her ears were bleeding, too?

I wish the third freighter guy on the island (ghost guy) had more of a role. He hasn't done much for a while now.

I wondered why Locke was taking so long to figure out what was going on. You'd think he'd have realized it as soon as he saw the plane crash, but it seems like he didn't catch on until the second flash.

Great premiere. I already want more.

Edit: I forgot to mention how much I love Hurley's parents. "Are you wanted again?" "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?"

Last edited:
You are right about Miles. He was definitely the most interesting of the Freighters at face value seeing has how, next to Desmond, he was the first person to have a legit "super power". Obviously, there's a reason for introducing it, but what? I'd love to know.

You are right about Miles. He was definitely the most interesting of the Freighters at face value seeing has how, next to Desmond, he was the first person to have a legit "super power". Obviously, there's a reason for introducing it, but what? I'd love to know.

I think we're already seeing how his powers work, through Hurley. And his story won't really come into play until they meet again and start seeing spooks together

Well, I've always thought it was significant that he was around when Claire ran off with Christian and there's that deleted scene where he is figgity around the fence. We'll see, I'm sure he'll get a chance to do something this season.

I think we're already seeing how his powers work, through Hurley. And his story won't really come into play until they meet again and start seeing spooks together

Hurley doesn't see spooks, he sees mental apparitions. They arn't really coming to him and speaking, he, being insane, sees them like he saw Dave- figures who speak for his guilty subconscious.

Hurley doesn't see spooks, he sees mental apparitions. They arn't really coming to him and speaking, he, being insane, sees them like he saw Dave- figures who speak for his guilty subconscious.

I think it will turn out that they are real, because they seem to know thing he doesn't, Like that Charlie knew he was going to die, or that Jack will be visited, that they have to go back, etc. With dead people popping up, and Miles' character basically confirming you can communicate with the dead, it seems much more likely

Last edited:
Yea, I don't think it's Hurley just seeing things either. Charlie said to him that he wad dead, but at the same time he was still there in front of Hurley, having a conversation with him. There's something the island does that makes people important to it see these dead people.

Latest posts

Back