Lost *spoilers*

So ABC decided that instead of just releasing a new promo for LOST, they'd turn the promo into a music video for The Fray, because ABC is now apparently run by tasteless YouTube video posters. Despite doing their best to get you to not watch this, there's actually some (as far as I know) new footage here. (The beach being attacked with flaming arrows!)

[youtube]mX7md0HoR8E[/youtube]

From Videogum, "10 Ways to Make Lost Look Worse Than This Fray Video Does":

For as much as I am looking forward to season 5 of Lost, if I hadn't seen the show before, this promo would put it at the top of my Do Not Want list, also known as The World's Longest List. Would it even be possible to make the show any less appealing? Yes. There are exactly 10 ways. Convenient!

1. If the season 5 promo featured images of John McCain with graphics that said "In A Perfect World."
2. If season 5 was anything like season 3.
3. If season 5 of Lost had a Fringe crossover episode and the island turned out to be one of Walter Bishop's experiments from before he went crazy.
4. If the season 5 promo was just Sawyer singing "I Feel Pretty."
5. If, in response to the economic crisis, the fifth season featured product placement and the polar bear was always trying to get a bottle of Classic Coca Cola to its CGI cub.
6. If it turned out that Jacob was actually The Fray.
7. If Jack woke up and it was all just a dream, but then he realized that he was in the shared dream-state machine with Agent Olivia Dunham, and the island was one of Walter Bishop's experiments from before he went crazy.
8. If the show had any more Kate in it. Yuck.
9. If season 5 introduced two new characters played by Stephen Baldwin and Kathy Griffin.
10. If the season 5 promo actually was an Army recruitment ad.

Seriously, though, Lost, get your **** together. You're on TV.

Maybe we should post a list of 10 things we hate about internet bloggers that write about Lost.

The promo's fine.

I hate the song, but I agree. Its gotten to the point where internet "critics" will blast anything just for the sake of blasting it. Even more ironic considering most of the "critics" have never done anything themselves worth criticizing. When did acting like a douche and keeping your nose in the air become the "safe route"?

I hate critics.

Last edited:
I hate the song, but I agree. Its gotten to the point where internet "critics" will blast anything just for the sake of blasting it. Even more ironic considering most of the "critics" have never done anything themselves worth criticizing. When did acting like a douche and keeping your nose in the air become the "safe route"?

I hate critics.

I agree, I don't care for critics specially ones who hate for the sake of hating. The promo is okay, the only real problem is that it's just a pretty good fan edit and if its wasn't for the new/extended shots it would be worth the trouble. I think fans are too anxious and wants something more than a music video by the Fray

I agree, I don't care for critics specially ones who hate for the sake of hating. The promo is okay, the only real problem is that it's just a pretty good fan edit and if its wasn't for the new/extended shots it would be worth the trouble. I think fans are too anxious and wants something more than a music video by the Fray

Completely understandable, and something I agree with.

But the critic in question instead chose to attempt a very bad Joel McHale/David Letterman skit to high-light that point. Dumb.

The most fair and accurate criticism was Moonmaster's. I wish it'd been written on Moonie's blog. Then it actually would've been funny.

Yea, nothing was funny on that critic's list. It was all the "safe" joke like you said - even the dig at season 3... It wasn't bad it was just how the show was scheduled. If you watched the DVDs there's not that much problem with it.

Anyone been following the Dharma Special Access? If you don't know, the ARG this year was cut short due to funding so the creators decided to give some special content to replace it. And so far they've shown two scenes from the season premiere. The scene with Kate and Aaron packing and a scene between Jack and Ben. It's really helping me get past this last month of waiting

This season,
we'll meet Jack's grandfather. He's played by the guy who played Tom Cruises' father in Born on the Fourth of July.

so i got season 4 for Christmas, and i watched the bonus features. The "Lost: Missing Pieces Mobisodes" was awesome (what's a mobisode?)

the last one that takes place just before the first scene of the first episode blew my mind!

so i got season 4 for Christmas, and i watched the bonus features. The "Lost: Missing Pieces Mobisodes" was awesome (what's a mobisode?)

the last one that takes place just before the first scene of the first episode blew my mind!

Mobisodes are small episodes released on mobile phones.

but seriously, has anyone seen the mobisode called "So It Begins"?
it was apparently nominated for an emmy in the "Special Class: Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs" category.

It was amazing!

A whole bunch of people have already seen the first two episode of the fifth season. EW.com and other media outlet correspondents have written in about the two hour premiere and things, they say, are looking good so far. I'll find links and stuff later, but there is a lot about who is important now and who will become important throughout the season... Things definitely sound extremely interesting and reading these "reviews" makes me eager for the 21st.

Anyone check out the Season 4 dvd yet? There's a bonus called Oceanic 815: A Conspiracy of Lies. It's a documentary, much like ufo conspiracy ones, that points out every flaw in the cover story, its pretty funny. They pointed out stuff I never noticed before

Anyone check out the Season 4 dvd yet? There's a bonus called Oceanic 815: A Conspiracy of Lies. It's a documentary, much like ufo conspiracy ones, that points out every flaw in the cover story, its pretty funny. They pointed out stuff I never noticed before

My favorite was the question of how they got new clothing on the island.

My favorite was the question of how they got new clothing on the island.

What I didn't like what questions like that, the shaving, and the nutrition questions. The guy went on for a while that all they ate was fish and coconuts even thought Hurley's dad did mention them hunting boars. And the other two can easily be answered by luggage washing up on shore

I can't find the Season 4 set anywhere even though it supposedly came out in NZ weeks before other places. WTF?

This country has a problem with DVD distribution.

Latest posts

Back