Lost *spoilers*

It looks really, really interesting. I realize this show can't be what it was in the first season where it only dwells on the characters, but damn - the progression and the new places they've put these characters in have me intrigued. Hurley with a gun, Ben and Jack spending quality time together on mutual terms, etc. All looks real good. I can't wait. Only thing this trailer is missing is the start date for the fifth season.

It looks really, really interesting. I realize this show can't be what it was in the first season where it only dwells on the characters, but damn - the progression and the new places they've put these characters in have me intrigued. Hurley with a gun, Ben and Jack spending quality time together on mutual terms, etc. All looks real good. I can't wait. Only thing this trailer is missing is the start date for the fifth season.

Last week of January/First week of February not good enough for ya? :)

Is that fine for you?

Yeah, it's still two+ months away. Once it's closer to a month/month and a half 'til, I'll probably be wanting the date.

I've gotten my roommate into LOST. We'd been watching a lot at a time at the beginning of the year, but then we stopped and took a break. 2 months into the year, we just finished watching "One of Them", Michael Emerson's first episode.

So weird/cool how his character has taken off since then. He was obviously only supposed to be a minor character and now look at him. We couldn't do without him!

In guest star news,
Mrs. Hawking, Desmond's time travel companion that warned him of the ramifications of trying to alter time, will be back this season. She'll have an important tie to a major character. My guess? Locke's sister.

Last edited:
In guest star news,
Mrs. Hawking, Desmond's time travel companion that warned him of the ramifications of trying to alter time, will be back this season. She'll have an important tie to a major character. My guess? Locke's sister.
Hmm. Interesting, to say the least.

So weird/cool how his character has taken off since then. He was obviously only supposed to be a minor character and now look at him. We couldn't do without him!

Actually they always intended Henry to be a major character, but were willing to write him off as a minor in case they didn't feel the actor was good enough

Actually they always intended Henry to be a major character, but were willing to write him off as a minor in case they didn't feel the actor was good enough

You are actually incorrect there, but I'm too lazy to find the link to prove otherwise. Henry/Emerson was basically the one aspect of the show that Damon and Carlton have openly admitted was not in their original, overarching plan for the series. However, after seeing how amazing his acting was, and that he brought Season 2 out of the muckety-muck (in most viewers' opinions, not mine), they made the changes that needed to be done in order to keep him on the show for as long as they wanted.

The LOST g33k knows all.

Link: My good friend (no, really!) over at Zap2it dissects the Season 5 teaser trailer.

Wow, he saw so much more than I did, especially in those little one second flashes around the forty-second mark. His blog-post got me more excited for the upcoming season than the actual teaser did initially.

Same goes for me with what he said: I'm avoiding any and all upcoming LOST spoilers that haven't been officially let out by ABC or Darlton, but I still like to read this thread. That means that for any other spoilery news, please keep every part of your posts and reactions to those posts that contain said spoilers in the spoiler tags. There was something spoilery a page or two ago that wasn't spoiler-tagged, but thankfully I've since forgotten what it was about (I've trained my brain to occasionally do that). Much appreciated.

You are actually incorrect there, but I'm too lazy to find the link to prove otherwise. Henry/Emerson was basically the one aspect of the show that Damon and Carlton have openly admitted was not in their original, overarching plan for the series. However, after seeing how amazing his acting was, and that he brought Season 2 out of the muckety-muck (in most viewers' opinions, not mine), they made the changes that needed to be done in order to keep him on the show for as long as they wanted.
I recalled an interview that alluded to my point, but who cares

I recalled an interview that alluded to my point, but who cares

They always intended for the leader of The Others to be under the survivors' noses, they just didn't know it was going to be Henry Gale.

In other news, the titles for the first six episodes are out:
Episode 5.01 - Because You Left
Episode 5.02 - The Lie
Episode 5.03 - Jughead
Episode 5.04 - The Little Prince
Episode 5.05 - This Place is Death
Episode 5.06 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

Episode 6 should be interesting. Also,
there seem to be a lot of scenes involving Locke with Abaddon and Abaddon with Widmore being shot.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see it so late

How so? It's definitely one of those mysterious you'd want to save till towards the end of the season. Also
I think it could really ruin Locke's character arc if we know how he died so early on, it could ruin all the suspense.

No, no, no. I think it's at the perfect part of the season. Realize we can't spend a lot of time wondering why or how Locke ended up dead, just that he is. And that Ben wants Jack to take his corpse back to the island. I'm just saying I think there's bigger questions to ask other than why was Locke in the coffin.

No, no, no. I think it's at the perfect part of the season. Realize we can't spend a lot of time wondering
why or how Locke ended up dead, just that he is. And that Ben wants Jack to take his corpse back to the island. I'm just saying I think there's bigger questions to ask other than why was Locke in the coffin.

The thing is if we see how
he dies
so early we lose all empathy for the character. Just like in season 4 with Nadia we learned she died before finally seeing Sayid and her reunite, something that's been building since season 1. Its lost all emotional impact of that moment everyone has been waiting for. If we see
Locke died
in a flash forward and he's still around for another bunch of episodes we're not going to care what happens to him during the present.

Latest posts

Back