Lost *spoilers*

Evidently,

There will be a new character this season, a high priced attorney named Dan. People are speculating that this name isn't actually his name due to Faraday's first name and the way the producers casted characters last time with false names to dissuade the internet community from making any assumptions. My guess? He'll play a similar role to what Matthew Abaddon was doing since our man Lance is doing the Fringe now.
Yeah, there was something on Entertain Weekly now that you mention that.

Here it is:

Production on Lost's fifth season gets underway this week, and you know what that means: They're throwing fresh intel down my hatch! Exec producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have put the finishing touches on the season premiere's script, titled "Because you Left," and it's said to feature two new characters, both recurring at first with an option to become series regulars in season 6.

First up is Caesar, a physical brainiac between the ages of 35 and 45. Although his intentions are unclear, he's as good as winning people over as he is at knocking them off. (Scary.) The other newbie is Ilanna, a European in her late 20's to early 30's who--stop me if you've heard this before--is also as intelligent as she is dangerous. And she too is a charmer who's used to getting her way. At press time, actors had yet to be attached to etiher role. In other words, the all-knowing Ben probably already has copies of their SAG cards, first auditions, and latest dental records.

Evidently,

There will be a new character this season, a high priced attorney named Dan. People are speculating that this name isn't actually his name due to Faraday's first name and the way the producers casted characters last time with false names to dissuade the internet community from making any assumptions.

Well they do use fake names and lines for additions

Here's the link to that. I posted earlier, but you guys probably missed it.

I'm so curious as to where the fifth season will pick up from. I want to say the Island because there are more questions there than with the Oceanic 6 on the mainland, but the title suggests this'll focus around Jack. Who knows...

I'd like it to focus on the island, on Sawyer having to deal with what to do next, who as mentioned in Season 3 people look to as a leader without Jack or Locke. And flashes forward to Jack and Ben

I believe Lance Reddick will be doing both Lost and Fringe, as Abrams didn't want him to be on only one of the shows.

I'm hoping that Locke gets the spotlight this season. On island, that is. He's the new leader of the Others, which to me is a cool place to put him at, but there needs to be the learning curve, the understanding of all of what's going on on the island, and so on.

It's been reported that
Ana Lucia will be returning this season in what Doc Jenson calls the Tailie Storyline Redemption Tour. She'll be in the second episode.

From reading some rumours/spoilers, it sounds like
the island has moved back in time and possible space as well. Locke and Richard are running away from people that sound like natives.

I hope Season 5 is more consistent than Season 4. I want to love Lost again.

I'd say season 4 had a very promising start, an intriguing center, and a horrible ending. I think it had a lot to do with the writer's strike, though... I do have faith that season 5 will bring Lost back to it's former glory. It's funny, though -- some single episodes recently have been the best since the series began but don't belong to the best seasons necessarily (The Constant, Season 3 finale, and Ji Yeon are episodes that I can think of that would support this claim).

I'd say season 4 had a very promising start, an intriguing center, and a horrible ending. I think it had a lot to do with the writer's strike, though... I do have faith that season 5 will bring Lost back to it's former glory. It's funny, though -- some single episodes recently have been the best since the series began but don't belong to the best seasons necessarily (The Constant, Season 3 finale, and Ji Yeon are episodes that I can think of that would support this claim).
Yeah the writier's strike really only ruined the pacing of the season so things were drawn out and felt off.
From reading some rumours/spoilers, it sounds like
the island has moved back in time and possible space as well. Locke and Richard are running away from people that sound like natives.

I hope Season 5 is more consistent than Season 4. I want to love Lost again.
That sounds pretty lame to me

Spoilers for storylines in Season 5:

Has anyone else heard that the Oceanic Six and Ben are going to be hunting down DHARMA stations off island? Apparently they need to go to these in order to find a way back to the island. There's one in Australia where Rose went to that faith healer and there's supposedly one in Portland as well. I presume the others will be in places we're familiar with...

I thought Season 4 was the best since the first. It beat the hell out of most of two and the first half of three.

I'm with you, even though I think that the ending could have been better, and it could have been much better with the original episode count. I really don't see what people are complaining about. The way they have taken the show directly follows what they were doing originally, and is inventive and fairly unique... Lost started as a very open show, but now that it's closing its options off and explaining things, I think its speeding up. We're discovering the rules of Lindelof's universe, and I ****ing love that feeling when the mystery begins to wrap itself up.

Last edited:
Spoilers for storylines in Season 5:

Has anyone else heard that the Oceanic Six and Ben are going to be hunting down DHARMA stations off island? Apparently they need to go to these in order to find a way back to the island. There's one in Australia where Rose went to that faith healer and there's supposedly one in Portland as well. I presume the others will be in places we're familiar with...
Eh, sounds alittle too structured
I'm with you, even though I think that the ending could have been better, and it could have been much better with the original episode count. I really don't see what people are complaining about. The way they have taken the show directly follows what they were doing originally, and is inventive and fairly unique... Lost started as a very open show, but now that it's closing its options off and explaining things, I think its speeding up. We're discovering the rules of Lindelof's universe, and I ****ing love that feeling when the mystery begins to wrap itself up.
That's precisely why, Lost has started going in a completely different direction, style, and tone compared to the first two seasons. Now this was always inevitable and is the toughest test of a show to go through this fundamental shift. Also I feel the fourth season had a lot of direction problems, things were going all over the place and way too much was happening all at once, not necessarily a bad thing but people can easily be put off by that. Everyone just really needs to adjust to this shift and hopefully the 5th season will be easier to follow.

Also has anyone followed the new ARG? It's gone on hiatus until supposedly December which is lame, cause I am right now seriously craving new lost stuff. just reading and watching whatever I can find online. Like this fake trailer

[youtube]hZ_N9HMcC1I[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back