Lost *spoilers*

Just when I thought the Smoke Monster Slaughter scene was the best, they have the Benjamin - Charles exchange.

I have the chills.

Season 4 is epic.

It goes without saying that this was the best episode of this season and almost the best episode of the past two seasons if not for "The Man Behind The Curtain".

I wouldn't go that far. This episode had some excellent moments, but i felt that all of the scenes at the beach were rather lackluster.

It goes without saying that this was the best episode of this season and almost the best episode of the past two seasons if not for "The Man Behind The Curtain".

I wouldn't go that far. This episode had some excellent moments, but i felt that all of the scenes at the beach were rather lackluster.

I concur with Strangefate. The Beach scenes didn't feel like the same episode. And The Constant is still my pick for best episode so far. No random extras we've never seen getting shot.

Having said all that HOLY JESUS **** WAS THAT COOL!

"You lied to me"

And Alex. I really didn't see that coming. I still don't think Rousseau's dead yet. Alex only saw her get shot, I don't think she had time to check her out.

As for next week, Jack has Appendicitis? That feels very season one to me. Haven't we moved on past stuff like that?

I agree that The Constant is a better episode. The best parts of this episode were better than it, but I didn't think this was a very consistent episode.

I'm just getting a little sick of the whole Locke saying "Tell me things, Ben", and Ben simply saying "I'll tell you in a bit". I swear to god that's happened a dozen times. It's making me irritated with Locke as a character, when he was really on a roll right in the first few episodes.

Jack in general I couldn't care less about these days. I'm not looking forward to next week's episode, it looks like another one of those "Let's keep the audience away from the plot for another week" episodes.

The ending was phenomenal though. The best single scene of this season by far.

Just to justify my enjoyment of The Constant instead of leaving a snarky comment.

The Constant caused an emotional reaction in me that wasn't Televisions two go to reactions

1: Holy **** that was cool
2: Damn I'd like to **** that.

It made me care about the characters, more so than I already had. It made me want to see Desmond succeed. It made me fearful of what the Freighter people are plotting and brought it all together with an ending that made me hope.

The rampant destruction and character death of this episode is easy TV. Put the characters out there and we'll latch on to some and not care about others. When you take someone away it'll get immediate responses on both ends of the emotional spectrums.

The feeling of Hope in the Constant is hard. And so much more satisfying when it happens.

Oh, and they didn't have to kill 3 Redshirts to make the threat of the episode look badass. :p

This episode was definitely one of the best episodes of the last couple of seasons. I got chills with the Smoke Monster scene, the scene with Alex just left me blank. . .and the ending. What the HELL is going on between those two? It's obvious that Whidmore isn't just some random antagonist now. . .he's playing some kind of game with Ben.

As for the beach scenes. . .I thought they were fine, but they were definitely thrown in just so the beach people wouldn't be left out. They need to do something with that storyline, hopefully next week.

Man, it's good to be caught up with everyone now. I get to experience everything with everyone else now. :D

I have a theory.

However Ben ended up in the desert was the same way that Wickmund lost his arm. You know how Ben got cut, right? And how the guy in all the orientation videos has a missing arm? Well, it's probably got something to do with the real reason why Ben was in the desert.

I wanna say Orchid involvement, too. But I can't say anything yet because we've only seen the Orchid in out-of-show material.

I have a theory.

However Ben ended up in the desert was the same way that Wickmund lost his arm. You know how Ben got cut, right? And how the guy in all the orientation videos has a missing arm? Well, it's probably got something to do with the real reason why Ben was in the desert.

I wanna say Orchid involvement, too. But I can't say anything yet because we've only seen the Orchid in out-of-show material.

Maybe the Ben in the desert (from last night's episode) has a number "12" tattooed on his chest or back. Like the rabbit with the pacemaker (and the one that teleported around in the Orientation vid).

Dun..Dunn...Dunnnnnnn...!

:shock:

I have a theory.

Interesting.

Here's what my mom and I discussed this morning.... in the Orchid video, Marvin Candle/Wickman uses the name "Halliwax", which as you probably noticed, was the name on Ben's coat right after he woke up in the Sahara.

Maybe the mystery tunnel leads to the Orchid, or something the Orchid is built over, and Ben collected supplies such as the coat and his blackjack, then travelled into the future to talk to Sayid and Widmore.

Is that video online somewhere? I've never seen it.

It's on the Season 3 DVD bonus disc, but probably online too.

Also, did anybody else catch/love Ben's "Jim-Halpert-face" when he said to the bellhop that he was expected? My theory: 2005, back on the mainland, control over time.... a stressed-out Ben gets caught up watching this new "Office" show in his hotel rooms every night.

Appreciate it, TOG. Saved me the trouble of looking for it.

It's on the Season 3 DVD bonus disc, but probably online too.

. . .or I could have actually looked at the bonus features on my DVDs. I really need to start doing that.

Latest posts

Back