Well gee, if RDJ thinks the script is fantastic, then it must be fantastic! This will be the best Marvel feature that RDJ has starred in since the incredible Iron Man 2!

CBR:

Our old friend at Bleeding Cool may have found one force that could stop the super-team: money. "Certain people are saying Marvel are demanding they get it all done on the relative cheap. For something not far off what Sony paid to make their first Spider-Man film (at least in real terms)," he writes. "While some people have walked off the project, others are planning a longer game. Basically do the work, then when they run out of budget (which they believe they will) trust that Marvel Studios and their investors will pony up the extra necessary cash rather than leave the movie unfinished." He notes some staff changes have already set pre-production on the film back by a few weeks.

CBR:

Our old friend at Bleeding Cool may have found one force that could stop the super-team: money. "Certain people are saying Marvel are demanding they get it all done on the relative cheap. For something not far off what Sony paid to make their first Spider-Man film (at least in real terms)," he writes. "While some people have walked off the project, others are planning a longer game. Basically do the work, then when they run out of budget (which they believe they will) trust that Marvel Studios and their investors will pony up the extra necessary cash rather than leave the movie unfinished." He notes some staff changes have already set pre-production on the film back by a few weeks.

Similar story from i09: Is Marvel nickel-and-diming The Avengers to death?

And he adds that this upheaval has delayed pre-production by "weeks — possibly months," and it could have a negative impact on the film's filming schedule and special effects.

This isn't good. Marvel knew heading into this that they'd need a pretty big budget. I mean, it helps that they have covered a little ground already with Iron Man and the individual Avengers movies, but come on...

Seriously, if that's true, they're looking at around $140million for the budget, which was how much it cost to make Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. So, how is this an "OMG the end of the project!!" issue? The actors are locked in with a profit sharing deal, so they're coming in cheaper than their respective movies. Hopefully, this keeps Whedon focused and keep the story for meandering.

I really hope this is good.

Mangog is not a particularly smart choice. It seems "let's use Mangog in case this sucks so we haven't wasted [awesome villain who needs to be in another film]."

I seriously was hoping for Thanos, Doom, Skrulls, Kang, or, Galactus. Some big bad from the Marvel universe.

Holy **** Look what I saw in the ad next to Ice's post

cafe.jpg

I've made it.

Latest posts

Back