January Jones should be in Avengers too.

Whedon:
It is true that the movie is only going to have one female Avenger, but she will not be the only female character

I guess that means no Wasp. So we're probably looking at Betsy Ross and maybe a few others like Pepper Potts or Sharon Carter.

I saw somewhere that Black Widow will be the only female Avenger and that Alice Eve is being considered to play a villain.

Interview with Joss Whedon
You have to scroll down almost to the end to get to the Avengers part of the interview

My favourite part:
I was reading the Avengers when I was eleven, this is…it's a big deal for me. I've wanted to make a comic book movie, and I was like, "nobody can make a comic book movie", and then Spiderman came out and I was like "…ok, he can make a comic book movie!". And you know, there's been a couple of hits. But most of them I think haven't – and I also feel that we sort of, we went from the really terrible Hollywood executive's idea of what a comic book movie should be, to a very short moment when we sort of started getting it right, and then went directly to post-modern. Directly to Watchmen, Kick Ass, Dark Knight, where we're sort of, we're taking the comic book movie for granted, now we want to see what's behind it. I'm like "Whoa-whoa-whoa! Wait a minute!". First I want to see an awesome movie about superheros that are awesome, that I really care about the whole time, I haven't seen enough of those. I don't want to deconstruct it yet! First I want to construct it.

That gives me confidence.

Latest posts

Back