I don't think they have the rights to Doom though, each movie franchise (because many other studios have the rights to various characters) has to rely on their own rogues gallery and supporting cast, instead of borrowing from others.

Yeah obviously. I'm just talking theoretical here

I don't know if Ultron is the one they should use off the Bat. The audience should probably get to know Pym first.

Well I agree with you on Ultron. I just don't feel strongly enough about the topic to argue it with run-on sentences and huge paragraphs with big words like I usually do. :p

Fair enough, everyone needs a break sometimes. :D

I don't know if Ultron is the one they should use off the Bat. The audience should probably get to know Pym first.

A fair point, but who can they use in the meantime?

Last edited:
I think we have to see Captain America first. Since it is called "Captain America: The First Avenger" it's probably going to tie in. Once we see the cap movie we will probably know who the first villain is (Red Skull perhaps) and Pym will build Ultron as the hook into the second with the third either being something kree/skrull related (CAPTAIN MARVEL!) or Kang perhaps?

CBR:

Notorious rumormonger Mark Millar was the subject of an interview with Newsarama, where he made an interesting comment: "I don't see anything at all from the 'Avengers' movie, even with Zak saying that he's going to use the 'Ultimates' as a plot for his film. And I'm fine with that, because it's work for hire. So, no, I've never gone into a project thinking that it will be a great movie franchise for Marvel. I just want to tell a great story." Wait, what? Zak Penn? Did he really mean Zack Snyder? Hmm ... thanks to Holden Leung for the tip.

CBR:

Scarlett Johansson tells Ireland Online (via Comic Book Movie) that she's ready to suit up as the Black Widow for "The Avengers" and, perhaps a spin-off? She tells the site, "We see that she does in the comics and certainly she is a big part of 'The Avengers'. I don't know if that is where it's going to go but she is definitely a big part of 'The Avengers.'" Johansson is reportedly signed to several films for Marvel.

Starring Robert Downey Jr., release date: May 4th, 2012

Oh sure, because all Asian people look alike, right? Who is your second choice, Bruce Lee?

David Carradine.

hah. No. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, Nicholas Cage would be perfect for the role.

Grindhouse-Fu.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios):
The Avengers' comes in 2012, it's not just a team superhero movie with a bunch of characters with powers. It's three people - four including the Hulk; five including Nick Fury - who you've seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time.

so apparently confirmation that Hulk will be in the Avengers movie.

source: SHH

Latest posts

Back