CBR:

"Iron Man" screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby told MTV that they want a certain green skinned giant as the film's antagonist. "I hope 'The Avengers' embraces that," Fergus said. "You don't want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where's the fun in that? Let's break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it's based on love and friendship and that's always the worst thing to have turn bad - someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in."

CBR:

"Iron Man" screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby told MTV that they want a certain green skinned giant as the film's antagonist. "I hope 'The Avengers' embraces that," Fergus said. "You don't want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where's the fun in that? Let's break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it's based on love and friendship and that's always the worst thing to have turn bad - someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in."

I think there should be a Hulk vs. avengers scene in the movie, but Hulk shouldn't be the main antagonist. Movie Hulk is not Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate hulk wouldn't work in a PG-13 Marvel movie. Movie Hulk is not evil, he is good for a fight scene, but he can't motivate a plot like an evil villain.

You need a Big bad for this film and movie Hulk is not a big bad: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigBad

The avengers should fight the Hulk, with a villain like Ultron manipulating
everything in the background and then at the end of the film the Avengers should fight the true villain.

Last edited:
The avengers should fight the Hulk, with a villain like Ultron manipulating everything in the background and then at the end of the film the Avengers should fight the true villain.
I believe the villain's origin story will be crucial.

Last edited:
I think there should be a Hulk vs. avengers scene in the movie, but Hulk shouldn't be the main antagonist. Movie Hulk is not Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate hulk wouldn't work in a PG-13 Marvel movie. Movie Hulk is not evil, he is good for a fight scene, but he can't motivate a plot like an evil villain.

You need a Big bad for this film and movie Hulk is not a big bad: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigBad

The avengers should fight the Hulk, with a villain like Ultron manipulating
everything in the background and then at the end of the film the Avengers should fight the true villain.

I think, (assuming there's not Hulk 2) the villain should be Samuel Stern creating a bunch of super soldiers with hints of Hydra funding and providing for him for future movies, setting them up for something greater. Hulk is good as the Avenger's first fight, but not as the main villain. I think that would work out well cause the first movie really should focus on the good guys more.

I believe the villain's origin story will be crucial.

Your playing with me aren't you? That's not nice.

Anyway comics and movies are different things, I'm not sure that they can spend a lot of time on the villain's origin with all these characters fighting for screen time.

Your playing with me aren't you? That's not nice.

Anyway comics and movies are different things, I'm not sure that they can spend a lot of time on the villain's origin with all these characters fighting for screen time.

The origin doesn't matter as long as we establish motive and character. Unless its someone like Ultron in which case you should explain how this robot came to life

The origin doesn't matter as long as we establish motive and character. Unless its someone like Ultron in which case you should explain how this robot came to life

I don't think they gave a good reason why Ultron went psycho in the comics, so they would have to come with a good reason for the movies.

The Chitauri in some form or another would be cool, but unlikely. I doubt there would be enough time to establish their modus operandi and history without it coming across as a cheesy generic alien invasion. Maybe if they planted the seeds in the Captain America film.

I doubt that the Liberator's would fly, not only because of political reasons, but also because then people would have to deal with recognizing two fair sized teams on screen at once and remember who is who.

Millar is supposedly creating ultimatized versions of various high profile Avengers villains over on Ultimate Avengers (Kang and Red Skull among them, reportedly). Since he helped brainstorm for Iron Man, maybe he's doing the same for Avengers, and some of his UA villains will appear in the Avengers film.

Personally I think it would work the best that way because these films have been shooting for an Ultimate-esque feel, so it would make sense to use the ultimate incarnations of Ultimate villains.

That was kind of random and may not make much sense.

Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle are confirmed to be in The Avengers film (films?) along with Favreau executive producing.

Last edited:
CBR:

Remember that rumor that Earth's Mightiest Heroes will square off against Ed Norton's emerald giant? IESB says "nuh uh" while quoting an announcement from the studio that goes like this: "'THE AVENGERS' will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced."

CBR:

Remember that rumor that Earth's Mightiest Heroes will square off against Ed Norton's emerald giant? IESB says "nuh uh" while quoting an announcement from the studio that goes like this: "'THE AVENGERS' will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced."

I'd like to see Skrulls (Chitauri, whatever). I think their motivation and abilities could be summed up pretty quickly and as someone else pointed out earlier, they could be introduced in the Captain America movie. But I would like to see some set up for a second movie featuring Loki or a Dr Doom Assembled/created Masters of Evil or something along those lines.

I'd like to see Skrulls (Chitauri, whatever). I think their motivation and abilities could be summed up pretty quickly and as someone else pointed out earlier, they could be introduced in the Captain America movie. But I would like to see some set up for a second movie featuring Loki or a Dr Doom Assembled/created Masters of Evil or something along those lines.

I would like something along the line of Ultimates 2, just a little more PC and with a few more influences from 616. As in Hydra assembles and army of like minded govt black ops to participate in an invasion. Being manipulated by Loki and have a Liberators-esque team called the Masters.

I would like something along the line of Ultimates 2, just a little more PC and with a few more influences from 616. As in Hydra assembles and army of like minded govt black ops to participate in an invasion. Being manipulated by Loki and have a Liberators-esque team called the Masters.

I agree. I was thinking a Masters like team would be the best thing for a sequel or something. I have renovations for the characters that are pretty cool that I need to put down later.

They can't use Dr.Doom.Besides, what beef does doom have with the movie avengers? none.

Besides, if anyone is going to form the Masters of Evil it Should be Baron Zemo.

My guess since they're going for the classic line up Loki would be the villain and if not him Ultron.

They can't use Dr.Doom.Besides, what beef does doom have with the movie avengers? none.
Doom has no personal beef with the Avengers, but I'm sure that such an epic-scale megalomaniac would target them in a bid for world domination.

In any case, I agree that he shouldn't be in The Avengers. Post-Ultimates the Avengers are a geo-political paramilitary superpowered world-saving force that just doesn't with the grandiosely scientific/occult madness that is Doom, and that makes them a poor fit for each other in terms of film tone.

I bet they take the Chitauri angle, but if they do, it'll be Skrulls...

And the beginning of the movie will be them taking down the Hulk, so it's a big deal when he ends up saving the day somehow by the end of the movie (perhaps pulling an Ultimates 2 and eating the big nazi guy).

Doom could definitely work as a villain, but I'd really rather they go with someone who has more connection with the Avengers

Doom could definitely work as a villain, but I'd really rather they go with someone who has more connection with the Avengers

I don't think they have the rights to Doom though, each movie franchise (because many other studios have the rights to various characters) has to rely on their own rogues gallery and supporting cast, instead of borrowing from others.

Doom has no personal beef with the Avengers, but I'm sure that such an epic-scale megalomaniac would target them in a bid for world domination.

In any case, I agree that he shouldn't be in The Avengers. Post-Ultimates the Avengers are a geo-political paramilitary superpowered world-saving force that just doesn't with the grandiosely scientific/occult madness that is Doom, and that makes them a poor fit for each other in terms of film tone.

Hmmm, then who do you think should be the villain?

Personally I thought most of the Ultimates villains were okay, but certainly not particularly epic in of themselves. Kleiser will likely be redundant after Cap fights the Red Skull in his own movie, likewise Loki will appear in a Thor movie, so he may be redundant. An Masters of Evil/Liberators type group would be far too many characters to keep track of, especially in the first movie when the team itself has to develop. Kang is just a more outlandish Doom like character.

I think the best option for the main villain is Ultron, he is intelligent to move the plot forward, he has personal connection with some of the avengers and he is considered one of the Avengers greatest foes. He can fit in with the "geo-political paramilitary superpowered world-saving force" concept, pretty easily.

Now i assume most people would want an Avengers vs. Hulk because of the fight in Ultimates Vol. I, but since movie Hulk is different from Ultimate hulk, it might make more sense the avengers are being manipulated by Ultron. Depending on pacing issues, the avengers can fight the Hulk in the first movie, with Ultron in the background and then they fight Ultron in the sequel or they fight the Hulk, then team up with the Hulk, then fight Ultron the sequel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back