I just can't get excited for the Mandarin. *yawn*

Just don't call him the Mandarin and don't make him look like a stereotypical oriental guy from Flash Gordon-era pop culture....there are a lot of cool different ways that Favreau could translate Mandy onto the silver screen.

Just don't call him the Mandarin and don't make him look like a stereotypical oriental guy from Flash Gordon-era pop culture....there are a lot of cool different ways that Favreau could translate Mandy onto the silver screen.

Maybe. Iron Man has such lame rogues gallery anyway, it's not like there are tons of characters to choose from.

Which shouldn't be the case at all. Iron Man should have loads of awesome robot nemeses.

After Iron Monger guys like Crimson Dynamo Will seem redundant (plus there is their dated Cold war past) and other guys like Blizzard and Whiplash can't carry a movie, they are henchmen, so that leaves Mandy.

Last edited:
After Iron Monger guys like Crimson Dynamo Will seem redundant (please there is their dated Cold war past) and other guys like Blizzard and Whiplash can't carry a movie, they are henchmen, so that leaves Mandy.

You sure do like making generalizations, don't you?

Justin Hammer. Please google him. He is a minor mastermind like Stane was. He was always pulling the strings of whiplash and the other armored henchmen. Think old British like Tarkin from the first Star Wars movie.

He does. That can be made interesting.
Right.

The thing of it is that Iron Man's rogues gallery is so full of generic corporate/armored foes and superpowered thugs of varying ethnic and cultural origins that they're ripe with potential for characterization.

If anything, they're a movie producer's dream, as it's all cool looking guys with no substance in them... leaving them free to depict the character in whatever makes the most filmic sense.

I mean Crimson Dynamo need only be Russian, Living Laser can be whatever the want him to be (and not actually call him living laser), Radioactive Man can be emblematic of the pitfalls of breakneck industrialization in China, etc. etc.

Right.

The thing of it is that Iron Man's rogues gallery is so full of generic corporate/armored foes and superpowered thugs of varying ethnic and cultural origins that they're ripe with potential for characterization.

If anything, they're a movie producer's dream, as it's all cool looking guys with no substance in them... leaving them free to depict the character in whatever makes the most filmic sense.

I mean Crimson Dynamo need only be Russian, Living Laser can be whatever the want him to be (and not actually call him living laser), Radioactive Man can be emblematic of the pitfalls of breakneck industrialization in China, etc. etc.

I think the Russia of today is a much more interesting backdrop for an international villain than the Soviet Union ever was.

And there's already a blueprint to introduce these characters through the black market manufacturing of Stark goods and the structure of the Seven Rings. Imagine a series of paramilitary cells, each with independent agendas united under the banner of a common weapons supplier.

I agree.

A failed union makes a more interesting ground for villains to emerge than a powerful one.

Crimson Dynamo as a Russian who's carved a weapons and slave trading Empire out of the old Soviet bloc countries. A Russian playboy, a counterpart to Tony Stark who embodies the wolfish, predatory capitalism mindset that seems so entrenched in Young Russia. A criminal who has celebrity in the way that the American mafia could only get decades ago. A gearhead with a love for custom modding.

You'd have to introduce Black Widow too, and give her the cool black armor from Ultimates. ;) Call it the Widower.

As for Whiplash and Blizzard.... I don't know much about them, but I like the idea of a Stark-technology inspired private defense contractor. Rather than keeping a huge mass of soldiers on the payroll, they utilize a crack team of soldiers equipped with black market Stark technology and an army of technicians and engineers. Movieverse Force Works, maybe? All I'm saying is, picture Rose McGowan as Whiplash and Kevin Durand as Blizzard. Iron Marines.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back