X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

I know it's not connected to anything but for the sake of completion of all X-Men Live Action properties do you want Mutant X here? I have it for y'all if you do... :)
Wouldn't Generation X make more sense to include, since it uses the X-Mansion that was later used in the film series and, well, actually has the X-Men license?

Wouldn't Generation X make more sense to include, since it uses the X-Mansion that was later used in the film series and, well, actually has the X-Men license?
Yes, Generation X would make more sense to include. Mutant X tries and succeeds at not referencing ANYTHING X-Men licensed other than the rough concept of Mutants (and New Mutants). But the show was official and had official Marvel Comic Book tie-ins.

If you are considering the X-Men timelines/universes as a tree I would say Mutant X would fit in somewhere near a rotted-out branch but still fits lol. I really don't mind if you do not want to include it here as it doesn't fully have a spot here and I get that 100% (especially after rewatching it these past weeks...ugh). I would likely post it as its own individual thread if nothing comes of it here. :)

Yes, Generation X would make more sense to include. Mutant X tries and succeeds at not referencing ANYTHING X-Men licensed other than the rough concept of Mutants (and New Mutants). But the show was official and had official Marvel Comic Book tie-ins.

If you are considering the X-Men timelines/universes as a tree I would say Mutant X would fit in somewhere near a rotted-out branch but still fits lol. I really don't mind if you do not want to include it here as it doesn't fully have a spot here and I get that 100% (especially after rewatching it these past weeks...ugh). I would likely post it as its own individual thread if nothing comes of it here. :)
Anything pre-Blade or Hasslehoff Nick Fury 1998 ain't going here.

In case you're wondering, the Mutant X TV series takes place on Earth-704509, per Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #5

And Mutant X doesn't count. It's in the "Marvel-but-not-really" bin with Men in Black / Millarverse / Powers / Night Man / Solar Man and those short film VHS tapes of Malibu sh*t.

In other words, not MCU adjacent.

In case you're wondering, the Mutant X TV series takes place on Earth-704509, per Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #5
Yeah, although they do wipe through a couple of alt timelines which are referenced as different universes and the comic origin shouldn't be in 704509 (Database Issue) since it directly contradicts the show.

And Mutant X doesn't count. It's in the "Marvel-but-not-really" bin with Men in Black / Millarverse / Powers / Night Man / Solar Man and those short film VHS tapes of Malibu sh*t.

In other words, not MCU adjacent.
Yeah you and I are in agreement that a couple of properties after Blade/Hasselhoff are still a no-go (like Man-Thing etc) and the same thing with any imprint shows.

Sounds good.. like I thought y'all wouldn't want it here (especially since Marvel missed its shot here to connect it if it wanted to in D&W) but thought I would ask anyway!

Yeah I wouldn't even be counting Hasselhoff Fury until he was referenced in Deadpool & Wolverine. I guess since it was 1998, it was a borderline year - then everything from there on out, that's not imprint or Sci-Fi's Man-Thing movie, is MCU adjacent.

Yeah I wouldn't even be counting Hasselhoff Fury until he was referenced in Deadpool & Wolverine. I guess since it was 1998, it was a borderline year - then everything from there on out, that's not imprint or Sci-Fi's Man-Thing movie, is MCU adjacent.
Why is Man-Thing different? (just asking)

Yeah, although they do wipe through a couple of alt timelines which are referenced as different universes and the comic origin shouldn't be in 704509 (Database Issue) since it directly contradicts the show.

Yeah you and I are in agreement that a couple of properties after Blade/Hasselhoff are still a no-go (like Man-Thing etc) and the same thing with any imprint shows.

Sounds good.. like I thought y'all wouldn't want it here (especially since Marvel missed its shot here to connect it if it wanted to in D&W) but thought I would ask anyway!
I would still like to see a Mutant X timeline, but of course it shouldn't really be here.

why the comic contradict the show?

So there is an archived website with copies still out there which was practically a Wiki which goes even more in-depth across the board on Mutant X (always helpful to reference) but basically a time travel episode into Adams (one of the main characters) past shows and states explicitly he joined a Genomex team in 1978 (which works perfectly with the show), in the comic it states 1980. Then the comic lists a flurry of dates which would bump the entire show back 2-3 years even though the show is pretty explicitly started in 2001 (license plate registrations and other background information & dialogue) Also a character named Mason was called something different in the comics like Marcus. So in my opinion it is easier to say it is either ALL incorrect dates there or a similar timeline (but if there is a standard for that I would love to hear it).

I WILL say that there was a series of events listed (through dialogue) in an episode in season 2 which is completely out of order and would be a similar level of errors. This can be caulked up to a contextual error of the prosecutor in the scene especially since he was trying to twist the perception of real events and blame the wrong people or the wrong reason.

I will post the timeline soon so I can rid this thread of Mutant X! It takes me a hot sec to reformat it from google docs to here and I just started my masters program but I will be getting started soon!

So there is an archived website with copies still out there which was practically a Wiki which goes even more in-depth across the board on Mutant X (always helpful to reference) but basically a time travel episode into Adams (one of the main characters) past shows and states explicitly he joined a Genomex team in 1978 (which works perfectly with the show), in the comic it states 1980. Then the comic lists a flurry of dates which would bump the entire show back 2-3 years even though the show is pretty explicitly started in 2001 (license plate registrations and other background information & dialogue) Also a character named Mason was called something different in the comics like Marcus. So in my opinion it is easier to say it is either ALL incorrect dates there or a similar timeline (but if there is a standard for that I would love to hear it).

I WILL say that there was a series of events listed (through dialogue) in an episode in season 2 which is completely out of order and would be a similar level of errors. This can be caulked up to a contextual error of the prosecutor in the scene especially since he was trying to twist the perception of real events and blame the wrong people or the wrong reason.

I will post the timeline soon so I can rid this thread of Mutant X! It takes me a hot sec to reformat it from google docs to here and I just started my masters program but I will be getting started soon!
It's almost like this show is so memory hole'd that Marvel didn't give a crap to fact check this.

Just change the dates in the comic to match the series then. The Punisher (2004)'s prequel comic contradicts it's September 2003 placement and yet I would still keep it canon.

Just change the dates in the comic to match the series then. The Punisher (2004)'s prequel comic contradicts it's September 2003 placement and yet I would still keep it canon.
Sounds fine with me, same would apply to the name?

Latest posts

Back