The All-About Video Games thread

i just ordered a Wii and The Legends of Zelda: Twilight Princess today. This is the first video game console I've bought since my PS2 slim back in 2005.

I'm not a big gamer, but I LOVE Zelda games, and with Skyward Sword coming out, there will be enough Zelda games available on Wii to justify my buying the system.

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game out since Ocarina of Time. I played it over & over.

Also loved Wind Waker. I replayed that one a lot, too.

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game out since Ocarina of Time. I played it over & over.

Also loved Wind Waker. I replayed that one a lot, too.

Wind Waker was for Game Cube, correct? it's not available on virtual console, though is it?

Japan will finally have the PS3 store for them be accessible this Wednesday after 2.5 months of being offline! Ouch. And some people thought everyone else had it bad waiting little over a month.

Last edited:
I'm still amused by the whole Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D debacle. Apparently, you're unable to create a new game, even after you beat it. We're not allowed to take it in trade in at work.

I'm still amused by the whole Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D debacle. Apparently, you're unable to create a new game, even after you beat it. We're not allowed to take it in trade in at work.

Yeah, I'd read about that. It's an experiment Capcom is trying out to curb resale as a used game. Kind of a di*k move.

A lot of Australian stores are refusing to sell it at all because a lot of their business depends on the trade-ins.

I hadn't heard of that. Christ, that's appalling practice. That's like buying a DVD and only being allowed watch the movie once.

however, if when you play it, it says, "This game will self destruct in five seconds" and then it explodes, that would make it worth it.

First Capcom screws us with an emo DMC remake. Then they don't provide any dlc characters for MVC3, which was the main reason so many people were excited. And now this? Even EA hasn't stooped so low. Dick move, Capcom. Dick move.

First Capcom screws us with an emo DMC remake. Then they don't provide any dlc characters for MVC3, which was the main reason so many people were excited. And now this? Even EA hasn't stooped so low. Dick move, Capcom. Dick move.

I know right?

I was impressed with WB, because of the PSN crap, a lot of people's Kombat Kodes expired before it came back. So now, for free, every copy of Mortal Kombat generates a new Kombat Kode, new AND used.

A lot of the recent crap with Capcom is coming from the US branch (i.e.: new DMC, RE Mercenaries, etc), the Japanese branch is coming up with stuff like Dragon Dogma and Ashura's Wrath.

Last edited:
I know right?

I was impressed with WB, because of the PSN crap, a lot of people's Kombat Kodes expired before it came back. So now, for free, every copy of Mortal Kombat generates a new Kombat Kode, new AND used.

A lot of the recent crap with Capcom is coming from the US branch (i.e.: new DMC, RE Mercenaries, etc), the Japanese branch is coming up with stuff like Dragon Dogma and Ashura's Wrath.

Asura's Wrath looks bad ass. Campy as hell, but it looks to be a ton of fun and laughs and epic finger pushing. It also pisses me off that 3rd Strike online is gonna hit 360 only... thus far.

Recently I have written an essay about free will in Bioshock and played Braid and I'm going to go buy Mass Effect 2 for $29.

Asura's Wrath looks bad ass. Campy as hell, but it looks to be a ton of fun and laughs and epic finger pushing. It also pisses me off that 3rd Strike online is gonna hit 360 only... thus far.

I wish Sony'd start throwing money at developers for exclusives.

Recently I have written an essay about free will in Bioshock and played Braid and I'm going to go buy Mass Effect 2 for $29.

I heart Mass Effect, but I do understand peoples' complaints about it. It's still one of my highly recommended games.

Then they don't provide any dlc characters for MVC3, which was the main reason so many people were excited.

Actually, there will be some news on that at Comic con. Understandable too, since creating new DLC characters would take some time and they did do polls.

Well, DmC is being made by an English developer, but your point still stands.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back