The All-About Video Games thread

Capcom's Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President Christian Svensson was recently asked what he thought about the PSN outage on Capcom's Unity Blog. Unsurprisingly, he's disgruntled, stating that this outage has cost Capcom "hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in revenue that were planned for within our budget. These are funds we rely on to bring new games to market for our fans."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166872p1.html

I'd sympathise more but a lot of capcom's dlc recently has been either "on disc" or piss poor. So good people didn't spend "undreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars " on stuff they already own on the disc.

I have Spirit Tracks and it was wonderful! I loved it. I managed to get everything done.

I just started it after an unexpected play though of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Which was good, but the ending was both a bit too over the top, and a bit too many kicks in my junk.

Excuse me Shepard, gonna make some bro love now?

Mass Effect 3 to Offer Same-Sex Relationships. Bioware will include same-sex love for Commander Shephard.

Mass Effect 3 will allow users to pursue same-sex relationships, regardless of whether they play as a male or female Commander Shephard.

now to wait for the right wing, homophobic response...

Last edited:
EFFING FINALLY!!

Could do it in Jade Empire, could do it in ALL the D&D games, could do it in Dragon Age. Hell, could even do it in KOTOR.

But then, Mass Effect rolls around, and I'm stuck with Liara T'Soni...

Not to be a downer, but I'm going to wait until I actually see video.

Not that I don't trust Bioware to try to make same-sex realationships. It's just that they attempted to do so in pervious games and it got cut for final release. Granted, the fact that they're confirming it's there means there's a much better chance they'll stay this time.

Not to be a downer, but I'm going to wait until I actually see video.

Not that I don't trust Bioware to try to make same-sex realationships. It's just that they attempted to do so in pervious games and it got cut for final release. Granted, the fact that they're confirming it's there means there's a much better chance they'll stay this time.

Three Words; Dragon Age 2

All party members (save the Chaste Sabastian) are romance-able by Hawke. Jade Empire had a couple party members who were openly romance-able.

Three Words; Dragon Age 2

All party members (save the Chaste Sabastian) are romance-able by Hawke. Jade Empire had a couple party members who were openly romance-able.

I know. But the previous two Mass Effect games had same-sex realationships planned, but were cut for the final release. Even though there's a better chance of that happening this time, I'm going to hold my breath until I see footage becaude of ME's track record.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I know. But the previous two Mass Effect games had same-sex realationships planned, but were cut for the final release. Even though there's a better chance of that happening this time, I'm going to hold my breath until I see footage becaude of ME's track record.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Gotchagotcha, yeah, I know in ME1 Ash and Kaiden were supposed to be Shep-sexual, and in ME2 Tali was supposed to be. I'm just thinking, EA's money is letting them go back to the old ways. Hell, there's even talk of a new BioWare D&D game.

EFFING FINALLY!!

Could do it in Jade Empire, could do it in ALL the D&D games, could do it in Dragon Age. Hell, could even do it in KOTOR.

But then, Mass Effect rolls around, and I'm stuck with Liara T'Soni...

As I read it, all they said was that male homosexual relationships are now possible. Female ones(which have obviously been possibly since the first game) aren't changing....:?

As I read it, all they said was that male homosexual relationships are now possible. Female ones(which have obviously been possibly since the first game) aren't changing....:?

Liara doesn't count, but no, the specific tweet was about male/male, BioWare reps said it'll be like Dragon Age 2

Although I can see how it's more of a pansexual relationship since Asarii don't technically identify themselves as female, I think not counting it at all is a stretch since they do have a gender and to humans it's female.

Anyway, I'm unfamiliar with the Dragon Age games, is it that you can have a relationship with any of the main NPCs? More importantly, does this include Wrex, Dr. Chakwas and Joker?

I've been playing Bioshock on and off for months now and I still can't get into it. :(

Also, I ended up playing Portal for class (I just reinstalled Steam and it appeared, like magic!) and thought it was great. Now I want to buy Portal 2.

Last edited:
I've been playing Bioshock on and off for months now and I still can't get into it. :(

Also, I ended up playing Portal for class (I just reinstalled Steam and it appeared, like magic!) and thought it was great. Now I want to buy Portal 2.

Yeah. Bioshock is super over-rated.

The new one looks cool though.

For my money, BioShock 1 & 2 make up one of the best, most unique and most thematically complex things ever done with videogames. I can see having trouble getting fully into them sometimes. The first time I rented 1 I got about a third of the way through before it had to go back and I didn't pick it up again for two years. Anyway, I wouldn't write it off completely. Can I ask where you are in the game, Proj?

For my money, BioShock 1 & 2 make up one of the best, most unique and most thematically complex things ever done with videogames. I can see having trouble getting fully into them sometimes. The first time I rented 1 I got about a third of the way through before it had to go back and I didn't pick it up again for two years. Anyway, I wouldn't write it off completely. Can I ask where you are in the game, Proj?

I played the whole first game.

I thought the pseudo-philosophy was trite and overbearing.

I need to find two more things so I can invent the Lazarus Vector.

Latest posts

Back