The All-About Video Games thread

Dead Island trailer. Pretty intense. Is it me or do zombies just make everything better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialZcLaI17Y

hmm, kinda make news of a "The Walking Dead" game seem lackluster...

Well here's the info.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/the-walking-dead-due-in-2011/3031

Dead Island trailer. Pretty intense. Is it me or do zombies just make everything better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialZcLaI17Y

I watched the video agian. And it's creepy how the dad looks like a guy from my church.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever play the Dragon Quest games? Any thoughts?

Uhm! Very old school... If you're looking for a classic JRPG with basic but charming graphics and a basic but charming story with the attention to detail clearly focused on grinding, then you'll dig them. Which one were you thinking of picking up?

Yay! Eyemaze has a new game! GROW CANNON! I love this guy's grow games.

YAAAAAY! I love those games!

Uhm! Very old school... If you're looking for a classic JRPG with basic but charming graphics and a basic but charming story with the attention to detail clearly focused on grinding, then you'll dig them. Which one were you thinking of picking up?
9 is the latest one that's out, I believe. I was thinking about getting that one.

9 is the latest one that's out, I believe. I was thinking about getting that one.

Well, I played a couple of the NES ones as a kid and then the last one I played was on PS2 and honestly, not much had changed. To give you perspective, it was first person, turn-based combat with random encounters and a no-frill job/class system. Enemy portraits are stills with just a couple of animations. The cast consists of a bandit, a princess, a knight, and a mute hero who are trying to stop an evil vizier who's cast a curse on their traditional medieval kingdom. In other words, it's all very 1989. Which isn't to say it's not a charming series. I'd imagine the new game isn't all that much different, although I hear that the focus is more on customization and multiplayer. I don't have time for that kind of commitment, but could see how it would be fun on a handheld.

Hope that helps.

So, has anyone else played Forza 3?

Because this **** is like crack and I haven't even gotten to playing around with it online yet.

From the Official Nintendo Magazine of UK, there's going to be a Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary special coming ing 2012 for the U.S. Aime says it won't be the same as the Mario 25th anniversary (compiled games), but "just as special".

Well, I played a couple of the NES ones as a kid and then the last one I played was on PS2 and honestly, not much had changed. To give you perspective, it was first person, turn-based combat with random encounters and a no-frill job/class system. Enemy portraits are stills with just a couple of animations. The cast consists of a bandit, a princess, a knight, and a mute hero who are trying to stop an evil vizier who's cast a curse on their traditional medieval kingdom. In other words, it's all very 1989. Which isn't to say it's not a charming series. I'd imagine the new game isn't all that much different, although I hear that the focus is more on customization and multiplayer. I don't have time for that kind of commitment, but could see how it would be fun on a handheld.

Hope that helps.
That does help, thanks. I'll likely end up getting it later on as there are other games I plan on getting first.

[video=youtube;0at81C9xN20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0at81C9xN20[/video]

This made me laugh.

Last edited:
After seeing TOG's collection on facebook, I decided to take a pic of my special/limited edition swag.

SANY0371.JPG

Eeeyup, it's the Big Boss bundle. I needed a new PSP (the screen died in my first gen one), and saw Peacewalker was coming out and thought "ooo bundle". Then I saw the normal bundled one and went "eewww ugly green", then found out about the Bog Boss version and got it.

From the Official Nintendo Magazine of UK, there's going to be a Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary special coming ing 2012 for the U.S. Aime says it won't be the same as the Mario 25th anniversary (compiled games), but "just as special".

...well I'd be fine with a nice Compilation title. Say Zelda I, II, and LttP on one cart.

So I got a 3DS yesterday. $218.99, and that was with next day shipping. I knew all those Amazon discounts I had sitting around would come in handy. I loves it. The ARG game is fun, the 3D camera is cool, but you know what I like the most? I can get onto my Wireless with it instead of having to jump onto a neighbor with a lower security profile than I've got. Thats what I'm really hapopy about.

Now when is a game worth buying coming out? LOZ: OOT it?

It's going to come with the Masterquest and some other goodies!

Also, my new grabs today:

tumblr_ljxd5sL2Jh1qasnlao1_500.jpg

I got Radiant Historia and Zelda: Spirit Tracks today. I needed something new to play now that I have a fully functioning system again.

Latest posts

Back