Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

Also, Venom's probably alive too. I like to think he was blown "up," as in, into the rafters where he could heal and get his act togetehr for next time.

Also, there still is that sample of symibote left at Dr. Connor's lab. Assuming he didn't destroy it though.

I absolutely loved it. I loved every bit of it. I can easily see how some people might have a lot of problems with it, but everything just made perfect sense to me and worked extremely well.

Eddie Brock was ****ing perfect. I've already heard at least one person call him two-dimensional, but I know people in real life who are just so exactly like him, smooth-talking jerks who constantly cheat to prosper and usually get away with it, who seem good sometimes before you realize "wow....they really are an *******". Topher did a great job, and the symbiote effects? Wow. They couldn't have made it look cooler on screen.

Could the movie have worked without The Sandman? Yes. Would it have been as good? Probably not. Haden Church's perfectly acted character added a whole other level to the film and made it even more powerful. I don't care what anyone says, the forgiveness aspect was one of the best parts of the whole film.

I don't need to say much about Harry and the new Goblin. He worked a lot better than I thought he would. I kind of wish he hadn't died though, although if he had to, dying to save Peter was certainly the way to do it.

Deus Ex Butler was gimmicky, fine, but I don't even care. The rest of the movie was of such quality that it made up for it. I'm not going to knock off points for that.

I was really happy to see the return of Mr. Ditkovitch and Ursula! And Ditkovitch turning out to be a good guy was great, and fit in perfectly with the rest of the film.

Special effects couldn't have been better, most expensive movie ever made and it shows, etc. etc.

The end scene wasn't a swinging scene, but you know what? Good. That's not what the movie's about. The swinging ended the first two, and it fit then, but for the Trilogy Endgame, they wanted to make it clear that this is Peter and MJ's love story. The final shot was superb.

They wanted to make the ultimate movie about good, bad, corruption and redemptipon, and they couldn't have done a better job. I don't think it failed on any level.

10 out of 10.

****ing agree! Best Spidey movie yet.

X-Men 3 and Superman Returns were both better than this movie. I haven't seen Ghost Rider but I think Fantastic Four might be on par with this movie.

I'll go into detail later....but until then I leave you with this:

At least it was better than Ghost Rider.

I put it on par with Daredevil or F4. Some pretty cool things to see on screen......but overall just Hollywood Comic fluff.

Sorry Raimi...you can't win 'em all.

And for the record-----Venom totally ****ing sucked and damn near ruined the movie. It should've been all about Sandman as a minor villain and Harry Vs. Peter FTW.

And Harry should not have been The Dark Hoverboarder. I'm so disappointed in that character design.

Yeah....more later.

And one more thing----Dunst is a total Blackjack 15.

Obviously you guys have no taste for quailty.

We all have our own definition of quality; it's a personal rating, not a decision determined by what the majority says, which seems to be most of the intraweb's way of seeing things.

Not that Spider-man 3 didn't have flaws, but I found it was still one of the highest quality flicks I've seen in awhile.
Not the highest. Grindhouse was by far the best film I've seen in 2007.

Last edited:
All in all, a good comic book movie that's definetly one of the best. Notas good as 2, but better than 1. It's become fashionable to bash it, but I don't know why.

Fashionable to bash it, really? I don't see why either. It wasn't that bad.

But I agree with most of what you said. And your sig is cool. :D

Also, did anyone else, as they saw Dr Curt Connors, want to scream, "THEY CANCELLED DRIVE?!?!?!?"

Because I really wanted to. :(

I miss Drive.

One thing I don't get is why people think Sandman was tacked on or unneccessary. Venom is the tacked on bad guy, he's the unneccessary one. He's completely superfluous in the film.

One thing I don't get is why people think Sandman was tacked on or unneccessary. Venom is the tacked on bad guy, he's the unneccessary one. He's completely superfluous in the film.

They wanted to do the black suit story. People would've felt ripped off if they did the black suit story without having Venom happen, and for Venom to happen, they have to establish Eddie.

They took the best route possible, really. Do the black suit, have Eddie be a great, entertaining character, then turn him into Venom towards the end of the movie and make him look awesome. Venom fanboys are happy, people who don't want Venom to take over the movie are happy, and we get the awesome Black Suit storyline.

Everybody wins!:D

Except for the people who thought it was a mess. They never win.

They wanted to do the black suit story. People would've felt ripped off if they did the black suit story without having Venom happen, and for Venom to happen, they have to establish Eddie.

They took the best route possible, really. Do the black suit, have Eddie be a great, entertaining character, then turn him into Venom towards the end of the movie and make him look awesome. Venom fanboys are happy, people who don't want Venom to take over the movie are happy, and we get the awesome Black Suit storyline.

The thing is Raimi didn't like Venom and it shows, eddie was jerk while the other villains were sympathetic and he died like a punk at end. Raimi read the comics in the 60s/70s, so he only likes the silver age villains.

I'm begining to wonder if cutting out Venom would have good idea. Raimi didn't like him so he would have ben treated like punk regardless, Raimi clearly wanted Sandman to be the main villain and he could ave developed Sandman more with no Venom around. Perhaps they should have saved venom when a director who didn't hate him was in charge. Forcing raimi to add in characters he didn't like hurts the project.

But... the black suit and venom should be the same movie, but that's a movie in and of itself. Spidey 3 had the Sandman and Gobby Jr in it. What I'm saying is people think Sandman was the tacked on supervillain, but Venom is. They spent an inordinate amount of time on Sandman and Gobby Jr for a Venom flick.

Except for the people who thought it was a mess. They never win.

Yeah but most people saying they hated it said in the other thread how much the film would suck and so seemed like they WANTED to hate it.

People complain about venom although he was in very little of the film. It's not like he had Jar Jar in episode 1 screen time. I would say he was in it for about 8-10 mixtures that's not that bad.

People complain about butler. It's not like spider-man lifted a mountain full of something that sould leave him comply weak with a chunk of it still in him.

Sandman been uncle ben's killer another complaint people had going in. But in story all about revenge that lead to a scene where they showed how poweful forgiveness can be.

The acting was great , the direction was great , effects great. Yes it has flaws i never said other that's why I give it 4 out of 5 not 5 out of 5.

The hatred towards this film mostly seems either 1) like i said people wanted to hate it or 2) jumping on the bandwagon beacuse hating this film is cool :neutral:

The hatred towards this film mostly seems either 1) like i said people wanted to hate it or 2) jumping on the bandwagon beacuse hating this film is cool :neutral:

Why would anyone want to hate it? If anything I'd think they'd want to love it and be disappointed.

And I don't think anyone is jumping on the bandwagon here. I, personally, have said how much I wasn't looking forward to the film ever since it was announced that Venom/black suit would be involved. Since like Day 1.

Any optimism I had about the film was due in part to Raimi.

Also....couldn't people say that they hated the film or thought it was stupid because it in fact was stupid? Especially when compared to the other 2 films. Seriously....the film suffered the same fate X-Men 3 did. The studios bypassed good story to fit in a bunch of fanboy stuff.

I mean by your logic I could say that you only loved the film for 2 reasons:
1. You're Venom fanboy so you're instantly biased.
2. When almost everyone else says they hated it you say you liked it just to show how "different" you are.

Just saying is all.....

Latest posts

Back