Slasherverse - Timeline

See, there's one problem with the Stephen King shared movie universe thing here and that's that Castle Rock references that Tad died like the original novel. Kinda a major contradiction. By the way, the new Pet Semetary references Cujo too, but states he killed four people. Again, Cujo only killed three people in the movie, so little Tad never died from heatstroke. Definitely the original films fit more than the new ones.

I think that's definitely the most solid list though. As far as I'm aware, the Cujo newspaper is the only problem. So:

Films
The Shining (1980)
Cujo (1983)
Christine (1983)
Cat's Eye (1985)
Pet Semetary (1989)
Pet Semetary Two (1992)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
The Dark Tower (2017)
It (2017)
It Chapter Two (2019)
Doctor Sleep (2019)
'Salem's Lot (2024)

Series
Castle Rock (TV Series)
It: Welcome to Derry (TV Series)

I guess we can make the argument that Christine got a new license plate for her cameo in Cat's Eye, since we saw the film plate in It Chapter Two. Just connecting the dots.

I will try and get back to you, Dredd. This site is running really slowly for me right now.

What did you learn from It that helped you on Salem's Lot? And did you ever think about this being a true continuation? As in, true to so much of King's work, could this be happening in the It cinematic universe?

I do think these exist in the same world, in the same universe, without question. I mean, they do in the book. It's one of the things I love about his work — he's a guy who created a universe without announcing he's creating this universe. It's just these little Easter eggs for the people who have read his other books. You get it? If you did, that's cool. You get a little chuckle out of it. I have Christine, the actual [evil car from King's novel Christine], in the mechanic shop in town. I have a bunch of those types of things. I dropped in Easter eggs around town — the production designers had a ton of fun thinking about that stuff. Everything's connected.
Official confirmation that It, 'Salem's Lot and Christine are a shared movie universe, it seems.

Hellraiser #13 I'm not 100% certain is finished. #14-20 are what's left.

Keep in mind, if it has Pinhead in it, it has to be set before 1987. If it doesn't, then it can be present day. If it's fully historical and doesn't specify, god help you... :p

Hellraiser #13 I'm not 100% certain is finished. #14-20 are what's left.

Keep in mind, if it has Pinhead in it, it has to be set before 1987. If it doesn't, then it can be present day. If it's fully historical and doesn't specify, god help you... :p
Got it. I'll get caught up with the series, then I'll get back to you on it with notes and whatnot.

Related note, but are there anymore comics you need placements for?

I have no idea what this is.

Cujo is 1981, apparently. If we force Castle Rock and the Cujo movie together then I guess this scene, Cujo and Cat's Eye take place in 1981.

Carrie, I think? 1984 is a weird year to place it.

Contemporary times.

Christine appears on 11/22/63, so I suppose that should be folded into this craziness.

I have no idea what this is.

Cujo is 1981, apparently. If we force Castle Rock and the Cujo movie together then I guess this scene, Cujo and Cat's Eye take place in 1981.

Carrie, I think? 1984 is a weird year to place it.

Contemporary times.

Christine appears on 11/22/63, so I suppose that should be folded into this craziness.

Castle Rock Season 2 also has a Misery prequel that's set in 2019

That is true, but both the book and movie are set in the past. You'd have to ignore all the dates to make Misery work with Castle Rock.

The Strangler is referenced in the series, who also appears in The Dead Zone novel. There's a movie adaptation as well as a tv series. That's another one. Alan Pangborn, a reoccurring character from Castle Rock, appears in two movie adaptations both released in 1993: Needful Things (played by Ed Harris) and The Dark Half (played by Michael Rooker). In flashbacks to the 1990s in Castle Rock, he's played by a FOURTH actor: Jeffery Pierce. I have no idea if the Castle Rock flashbacks can even work with the Ed Harris and Michael Rooker incarnations, or if they can even work with each other.

I guess if you really want to, you can pretty much place all Stephen King adaptations (apart from the ones with multiple adaptations) in the same universe with a few exceptions, like The Body adaptation Stand by Me since Castle Rock places those events in the 1960s. That includes Misery, but you have to place it in the 2020s/2030s instead of its intended placement. But then, there's not really any logic and it's just a mess.

That's the problem. We can say with certainty that some films consider other films canon, but not that all connected things consider all other connected things canon. For example, Castle Rock doesn't consider Cujo canon, but it does consider Christine canon (probably), and Cat's Eye considers Cujo and Christine canon. It's not like there's always an intentional movie universe at play either, like there's a reboot of The Dark Tower as a tv series coming out that's separate from the movie, but the movie is connected to The Shining with loose references to Christine and Shawshank... so, there's a shared universe but it's not a proper one since not all films are made to be part of it, and only exists sometimes conveniently for fun.

Last edited:
Randall Flagg has a cameo in 11/22/63 looking EXACTLY like his The Stand (1994 miniseries) version. I guess we can say that The Dark Tower film version of him is the same from the miniseries. Maybe The Stand is one of the alternate timelines in 11/22/63? Hm...

It's probably similar to The Mist (set in an alternate universe connected to the Dark Tower) and Randall Flagg just travelled to the Prime Reality during 11.22.63.

That is, assuming @BMarrow isn't already cooking one up, that is, especially since they already did the Timeline for the franchise.
Ight I think I completed the timeline

The Trial of Elly Kedward: 1785
The Blair Witch Project Oni Press #1: 1785
The Elly Kedward Tale: 1785
The Legend of Coffin Rock: 186?
The Blair Witch Chronicles #2: 1911
Nocturne "Dark Reign of The Vampire King": 1927
The Blair Witch Chronicles #4: 1927
Nocturne "Tomb of the Underground God": 1931
Nocturne "Windy City Massacre" 1933
Nocturne "The House on the Edge of Hell": 1935
Blair Witch: Rustin Parr: 1941
Nocturne "Epilogue": 1942
The Blair Witch Chronicles #1: 1955
Blair Witch: Dark Testaments: 1986
Blair Witch: Graveyard Shift: Aug, 1991
The Blair Witch Chronicles #3: 1991
The Blair Witch Project: Oct, 1994
Curse of The Blair Witch: 1994
Blair Witch (Game): 1996
Sticks and Stones: An Exploration of the Blair Witch Legend: 199?
The Burkittsville 7: 199?
The Blair Witch Project: A Dossier: 1999
The Blair Witch Files: The Dark Room: Jun, 1999
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2: Nov, 1999
Book Of Shadows: Dossier: 1999
Shadow of The Blair Witch: 1999
Blair Witch: The Secret Confession of Rustin Parr: 2000?
The Blair Witch Files: The Witch's Daughter: 2000
The Blair Witch Files: The Drowning Ghost: 2000
The Blair Witch Files: Blood Nightmare: 2000
The Blair Witch Files: The Death Card: 2001
The Blair Witch Files: The Prisoner: 2001
The Blair Witch Files: The Night Shifters: 2001
The Blair Witch Files: The Obsession: 2001
Blair Witch: 2014
Hunt A Killer: Season 1: 2016
Hunt A Killer: Season 2: 2021

I personally still think it's just the Þ (Thorn) symbol that looks like the Cult of Thorn, and doubt that it's an intentional connection to Halloween 6 of ALL things, especially since it has a different meaning... :(
If you couldn't tell, this was me trying to explain that I don't think Blair Witch is connected. See, I kinda have a different argument for these connections. I want the connections to be as solid as physically possible. This is almost certainly not intended to be a connection to Halloween.

I think it's just using to Þ symbol (which is called the Thorn symbol too) and it happens to look like the Cult of Thorn, but it has a completely different meaning, and the film that it is in is actually an in-universe movie. Plus, Halloween 6? Why would they intentionally reference Halloween 6 if it's got a completely different meaning? Was Michael marked by the Blair Witch? No, lol.

If anything, you'd only include the second film and the rest of the franchise would be set in the Real World. Regardless... nah, I think it's not canon.

Latest posts

Back