Slasherverse - Timeline

The movie doesn't reuse any of the characters from the first movie or novel.

It also uses an updated version of the theme from the original

The movie could of easily just been titled Hellraiser 10 and it wouldn't of made any difference

Adding on to BMarrow's comments:

We also asked if he considered his Hellraiser to be a reboot, a sequel, or something else.

"[Hellraiser] just sounded better than Hellraiser 11. If it was up to me, we'd put the year on it when we discuss it, because I think we all kind of know where it situates. But it just didn't feel appropriate to put an additional title on it this time. As far as what fans can expect, it's a re-imagining, to one degree. I also think that it fits within the world of Hellraiser and what you've seen before in many ways. I wouldn't say it's strict canon. Again, we let our imaginations run with this. And I'm a big believer that, you know, movies are dreams and sometimes they present strange iterations of one another, and that we should just embrace that and kind of run with it. My suggestion to fans is to go into it not thinking exactly where it's fitting in the history of the series and to just experience the film. And then, I don't know. We'll see what conversations grow from there."

What about Pinhead though?
Kirsty Cotton became the Hell Priest temporarily in the comics. It's not at all unusual, especially since Elliot Spencer was stripped of his powers by God in the previous film.

Adding on to BMarrow's comments:

We also asked if he considered his Hellraiser to be a reboot, a sequel, or something else.

"[Hellraiser] just sounded better than Hellraiser 11. If it was up to me, we'd put the year on it when we discuss it, because I think we all kind of know where it situates. But it just didn't feel appropriate to put an additional title on it this time. As far as what fans can expect, it's a re-imagining, to one degree. I also think that it fits within the world of Hellraiser and what you've seen before in many ways. I wouldn't say it's strict canon. Again, we let our imaginations run with this. And I'm a big believer that, you know, movies are dreams and sometimes they present strange iterations of one another, and that we should just embrace that and kind of run with it. My suggestion to fans is to go into it not thinking exactly where it's fitting in the history of the series and to just experience the film. And then, I don't know. We'll see what conversations grow from there."

Kirsty Cotton became the Hell Priest temporarily in the comics. It's not at all unusual, especially since Elliot Spencer was stripped of his powers by God in the previous film.
What if the Pinhead in the 2022 film is Kirsty?

Oh yeah, I should mention this before I forget, the killers from Stage Fright, Madman, and The Burning have cameos in one of the Hack/Slash the series issues (Although Madman Mars is miscolored
Gee, I'm gonna need to make a list of material in order of importance if we're going there. I bet there's a ton of random references like that.

I saw on a crossover wiki that Hack/Slash references Stephen King stories. Probably a legally distinct Pennywise or something though, lol.

If it's confirmed to be Kirsty I wonder what happened to her that led her becoming a Cenobite (outside the first two movies)

The timeline is so big that it's actually difficult to edit (loading problems) and it's only going to get MUCH worse. Might split it into a few parts:
1300-1979
1980-1999
2000-2455
What did you change?

What did you changed?
All the content is unchanged. It's just shifted.

One small little hiccup with the Evil Dead timeline.

Ash references Paul Blart in Army of Darkness/Bubba Ho-Tep, which released in 2009... uh... okay. I guess they might be basing it off of his Dynamite birthday (which I'm ignoring), so 2009-2011 probably. It must have been a few years since Bubba Ho-Tep then. As for Ash saying he's almost the age Elvis was when he died, uh... Ash hit his head and got confused off-screen? XD

That, or I ignore that reference like I'm doing with the Evil Dead 2 comics. Speaking of those, I can't wait to figure out how the two different Evil Dead Draculas are connected (spoiler: they're not).

William Dekker from Digging Up the Marrow is referenced in Victor Crowley

Attachments

• 20240214_202626.jpg
    20240214_202626.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
Back