Slasherverse - Timeline

So let me get this straight, they all are the same character? So the other Re-animator comics Will be added or I missed something?
They are two different versions of the same character. Hack/Slash crosses over with the film version, but also Dynamite's Ash and Eva. Dynamite's Army of Darkness series introduces a separate version of Herbert West.

They are two different versions of the same character. Hack/Slash crosses over with the film version, but also Dynamite's Ash and Eva. Dynamite's Army of Darkness series introduces a separate version of Herbert West.
OMG

Oh yeah, I should mention this before I forget, the killers from Stage Fright, Madman, and The Burning have cameos in one of the Hack/Slash the series issues (Although Madman Mars is miscolored

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-133111_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-133111_Chrome.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Stagefright.jpg
    Stagefright.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 6ce20d077fcb768aa669e5f88c1146ba2a893a40r1-487-435v2_hq.jpg
    6ce20d077fcb768aa669e5f88c1146ba2a893a40r1-487-435v2_hq.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Cropsy.png
    Cropsy.png
    263 KB · Views: 5
Do you know when these are set?

Living Corpse Annual
Hack/Slash Meets Zombies vs Cheerleaders
Hack/Slash: 2011 Holiday Special
CBLDF Presents Liberty Annual 2013, "Hack/Slash: Avert Your Eyes"
Hack/Slash: Hot Shorts

Going off when they're place in Hack/Slash Omnibus

Living Corpse Annual is after the Halloween Man crossover

2011 Holiday Special is after that
(Which places everything after it in 2007 I guess)

Zombies vs Cheerleaders is after the Hatchet crossover

Hot Shorts After Hack/Slash vs chaos?

As for Liberty Annual idk I can't find it and it doesn't appear in any of the omnibus'

2011 Holiday Special is after that
(Which places everything after it in 2007 I guess)
That would place Hack/Slash/Eva one year after Ash vs Classic Monsters (Eva's first appearance) (though that story probably happens slightly differently due to Ash's co-workers not dying) which might be better anyway. I don't know how they might refer to events in that or Eva's Top Cow crossover though.

I might include all appearances of Eva and Herbert West (Dynamite) since they're a direct spin-off of Army of Darkness rather than a few one-off intercompany crossovers (Prophecy,

Eva Appearances
Army of Darkness: Ash vs The Classic Monsters (2006)
Eva: Daughter of The Dragon (2007)
The Darkness vs Eva: Daughter of The Dragon (2008)
Hack/Slash/Eva: Monster's Ball (2011)
Prophecy (2012)
Vampirella Halloween Special (2013)
Swords of Sorrow (2015)
Army of Darkness: Furious Road (2015-2016)

Actually, I do wonder if there's any places for time jumps throughout the Hack/Slash comics. It might screw up some things maybe, but I don't know yet so I'll just trust you on that one. I know it would screw with the Hatchet timeline, but technically that story didn't take place in Cowley's swamp, so it could still be accurate that there was 10 years of inactivity between Hatchet III and Victor Crowley, and the only reason he appeared was because "his swamp" was moved to somewhere else. In other words, magic doesn't have to make perfect sense. But, that's for future me to worry about.

Last edited:
That would place Hack/Slash/Eva one year after Ash vs Classic Monsters (Eva's first appearance), albeit that story happens probably slightly differently due to Ash's co-workers not dying, which might be better anyway. I don't know how they might refer to events in that or Eva's Top Cow crossover though.

I might include all appearances of Eva and Herbert West (Dynamite) since they're a direct spin-off of Army of Darkness rather than a few one-off intercompany crossovers (Prophecy,

Eva Appearances
Army of Darkness: Ash vs The Classic Monsters (2006)
Eva: Daughter of The Dragon (2007)
The Darkness vs Eva: Daughter of The Dragon (2008)
Hack/Slash/Eva: Monster's Ball (2011)
Prophecy (2012)
Vampirella Halloween Special (2013)
Swords of Sorrow (2015)
Army of Darkness: Furious Road (2015-2016)

Actually, I do wonder if there's any places for time jumps throughout the Hack/Slash comics. It might screw up some things maybe, but I don't know yet so I'll just trust you on that one. I know it would screw with the Hatchet timeline, but technically that story didn't take place in Cowley's swamp, so it could still be accurate that there was 10 years of inactivity between Hatchet III and Victor Crowley, and the only reason he appeared was because "his swamp" was moved to somewhere else. In other words, magic doesn't have to make perfect sense. But, that's for future me to worry about.
The 2011 holiday special might not even be Canon because it isn't included on the official timeline

Attachments

• 20240308_124304.jpg
    20240308_124304.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 6
...seriously?
As Ramses acquires the scroll noting the Necronomicon's location, music from Joseph LoDuca's score for Army of Darkness is played.
The healing spell from the Necronomicon that Ramses reads contains the phrase "Klaatu verada nikto." Those were the magic words Ash (Bruce Campbell) had to recite in Army of Darkness before claiming the Necronomicon from the cemetary. More of Joseph LoDuca's music from the movie is played during this scene.
The phrase, of course, is also a modification of the famed "Klaatu barada nikto" from The Day the Earth Stood Still.
Not only do they have three direct crossovers, but... AHHHHH! It'll never end!!!

Let's just take a step back and... acknowledge the situation.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Black Christmas (1974)
The Toolbox Murders (1978)
Halloween (1978)
Amityville (1979)
Friday the 13th (1980)
Evil Dead (1981)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
R-Animator (1985)
Hellraiser (1987)
Pumpkinhead (1988)
Child's Play (1988)
Shocker (1989)
Darkman (1990)
Hercules (1995)
(I'm not including this, sorry)
Xena (1995) (I'm not including this, sorry)
Bubba Ho-Tep (2002)
Hack/Slash (2004)
Re-Animator (Dynamite) (2005)
Eva (2006)
Leslie Vernon (2006)
Hatchet (2006)
Frozen (2011)
Stitches (2012)

That's without getting into all the different references in Hack/Slash. I mean, Cassie said she dealt with the Leprechaun once. Was it a Leprechaun from the same species as the film series? ...Probably? It gets confusing from here.

Last edited:
So the Slasherverse is Earth-818793? I am confused
I'm basically trying to make sense of the Evil Dead comics on the Evil Dead timeline as supposedly separate timelines have connections. Ash and the Army of Darkness and Ashes 2 Ashes are two separate sequels to Army of Darkness, but The Army of Darkness: 1979 has flashbacks to both, and Ash Saves Obama. 1979 is said to be set after Die!Namite Lives. Ash implies he lived through the 1970s. He would have been 1-11 during the 1970s based on the Dynamite series, hardly old enough to remember or miss it.

Ash Saves Obama has a followup (Election Special) that shows Eligos from Ash vs Evil Dead. Shemp's Beer from Ash vs Evil Dead shows up in Ash vs the Army of Darkness and Halloween Special.

So, my current, experimental timeline I'm going through is me reading every single Evil Dead comic and fitting it into a single timeline, which means that, in theory, it is set in Earth-818793.

Um actually it's Earthspace 777
Different naming schemes, I suppose.

Last edited:
Why is the 2022 Hellraiser film included if it's a reboot and not the 2013 Evil Dead film as well?

Back