PG-Friendly Asian Girls Thread

Okay, it's been a while again since I updated this thread. I've been thinking about doing more coverage of the projects and things that each girl is doing, but that takes some time I'm not willing to commit to this week.

So if I can't make that the something new for this thread, I've decided to post the first Korean here. Even though I've hated every Korean I've ever met... not that my racial prejudices are relevant to this.

Hyori Lee is a singer and actress from South Korea who got her start as part of a wildly successful pop group known as Fin Killing Liberty or Fin K.L.. In 2003, she began a solo career with the album Stylish and in 2005, began her acting career in a drama called Three Leaf Clover.

07-hyorilee.jpg

Her second album, Dark Angel received controversy when the writers of Britney Spears' "Do Something" accused the writers of Hyori's "Gettin Ya" of plagiarism. Hardly surprising, as plagiarism of foreign pop hits is common within the Korean recording industry. As the heat piled on, promotions for the single stopped and were redirected towards "Shall We Dance".

Hyori is currently signed to a 2.2 billion won contract with M-Net Entertainment till 2009. Hyori currently maintains a sexually suggestive imagery in her videos, moreso than is seen from most Korean pop stars (i.e. BoA) but in recent months has seen her move to a more "R&B balladeer" image.

One thing that's really making the rounds among the celebrity blogs these days is the fact that Isa Knox cosmetics recently had both her and Jessica Alba do commercials for them, and the blogs are basically obsessed with "who's hotter". Or something.

*Is in love*

You can have whatever you want Ourchair. Just look over there in that big treasure chest.

*Is in love*

You can have whatever you want Ourchair. Just look over there in that big treasure chest.
How I wish that treasure chest were real. :cry:

You can make up for this by sending some fleshy chest treasures.

Whether or not a girl is attached to said fleshy chest treasures is purely optional.

The girl i went out with today, for me, deserves a place in this thread.

****!

I liked this one, I'm trying to figure out why, because she looks remarkably different in each picture you posted, and in eacvh one I find her level of attractiveness different

I liked this one, I'm trying to figure out why, because she looks remarkably different in each picture you posted, and in eacvh one I find her level of attractiveness different
Actually, I try as much as possible in some of the posts to choose varied pictures or looks, so if you flip back you might notice this.

Of course, I'm limited by how much time I really want to devote to each post (and really I shouldn't spend more than thirty minutes on each), so sometimes I don't get what I want.

I find it easier if I'm working on a post featuring a model or commercial endorser, because then they make a career out of varying their look and clothes... but the problem is that they just aren't very interesting to write about at all. I mean okay, they strut and wear clothes, wahoo.

I find it easier if I'm working on a post featuring a model or commercial endorser, because then they make a career out of varying their look and clothes... but the problem is that they just aren't very interesting to write about at all. I mean okay, they strut and wear clothes, wahoo.

And yet Tyra Banks made a hit show out of that concept

Weird

And yet Tyra Banks made a hit show out of that concept

Weird
That's a TV show. That's different.

Fashion models aren't all about the writeups, they're all about the image (and the drama) which is why America's Next Top Model is such a compelling show.

But writing a by-line about them in the PG-Friendly Asian Girls thread? I might as well just make it an all pictures thread...

a pictures of sets threads.

Today let's go with something DIFFERENT.

07-kcconcepcion.jpg

KC Concepcion - Born Maria Kristina Cassandra Concepcion, this 22-year old Filipina is the daughter of Filipina showbiz "Mega Star" Sharon Cuneta (who is also known for her mega-fluctuations in weight, and being a total whore of a commercial endorser). Her father is 'actor-in-exile' Gabby Concepcion, who hasn't done a film since the mid-90s after a controversial 'misreading' at a film awards ceremony.

Diligently pursuing her studies has made KC a sort of 'sporadic' celebrity --- reserving commercial endorsements, photoshoots and the occasional theater gig for her summer breaks. She graduated this year from the American University in Paris with a Bachelor of Arts in International Corporate Communications and a minor in Theatre Arts.

Upon her return from Paris, KC has begun developing her 'celebrity prospects' at ABS-CBN. She is currently dating filmmaker Lino Cayetano.

Back