Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

Insanely good news.

EDIT: Just rewatched "The Company Man" and was reminded both that Noah Bennett was truly one of the greatest Television characters ever, and that Heroes used to be a legitimately Great show. Not just a fun-to-watch superhero drama. A big-G Great show.

Bryan Fuller really understood this series, he knew the characters and where to take them and how to make them all shine. I sincerely hope they force him to sit down and write the last three episodes of this season that he's been assigned, not just

And then he should take the Showrunning position for season 4, and get this show back on the ground. ****, at this point, I don't care if Hiro goes back in time and keeps everything that's happened this season from ever happening. I just want Heroes to be good again.

Thank god they got the right man for the Job.

Last edited:
Update #2: Nathan flies Samedi into a car.

My suggestion was flying him into a volcano. You see how awesome it could have been. Sooooo close...

I like your idea a lot better than mine, Bass. I thought he should fly Baron out to sea and just leave him wading there until he drowned.

Great rant by the way :D

He's writing the last three episodes.

Too little, too late. I can't understand the idea that I have to wait 3 months before there might be a good episode of Heroes.

And it's not like Fuller was the reason the first season was awesome. He wasn't around for season 2 and that had some real awesome in it.

They thought season 2 was utter pap - look at what season 3 has become. I fail to see how their next attempt to 'fix' the show will be any better than this pitiful attempt.

Blargh.

Because while the second season didn't suck THIS bad, it was still going downhill from everything established in the first season. And you really cannot deny that even though it had its moments, Season Two simply is not as good as the first season of the show. Honestly, it seemed like it knew where it had to go to reach the great bits, but had no idea which path to follow to get there.

This is the guy behind Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, and (One of my alltime favorite shows) Dead Like Me. This is the guy who made Noah Bennett kick twelve kinds of ***. Everything he does is about unconventional approach, and everything he does is a little bit strange, but many more times wonderful.

So if you hate it so bad, don't watch it, and we'll let you know if you should come back next season when one of the best showrunners in the business rejoins this series.

If Fuller can't make this show good again, it is officially dead.

Last edited:
I'm deeply, deeply saddened that Pushing Daisies has been canceled. I mean, no offense to those who like Heroes, but doesn't it just tell you where TV is at right now when legitimately fantastic, original, inspiring shows like PD are canceled in favor of crap shows that used to be good?

I'd rather still have Pushing Daisies on than just about any other show, except BSG and Damages. I'd even sacrifice 24 to the TV gods if they gave us another season or two of Pushing Daisies.

There's not even any guarantee we'll see a rise in quality immediately after he comes on board, either; I mean, if he's handed a crap storyline, there's only so much he can do. And if this season keeps going like its going, there may not even be a season 4. So who knows if we'll ever even see a positive impact by Fuller on the show.

Oh well. Here's hoping Fuller can bring Heroes back into its season one glory days (I say season one glory days because I didn't like season two either. Sylar wandering around Mexico, Maya and Alejandro the wonder twins sucking up screen time, Hiro in Japan for way too many episodes, Peter wandering around Ireland - the entire season was just one enormous stall. I felt like I was watching a soap opera, and it was painful. Adam was great, though, and so was Elle; but it just dragged on and on forever, it felt like, when the entire season could have been told in maybe five episodes).

There will definitely be a season 4, Heroes is still among the highest rated shows on NBC, even if the quality isn't there.

And I am sad that all his personal projects keep getting cancelled, although I'd forgo everything for him to return to Dead Like Me and finish the story there.

I'm deeply, deeply saddened that Pushing Daisies has been canceled. I mean, no offense to those who like Heroes, but doesn't it just tell you where TV is at right now when legitimately fantastic, original, inspiring shows like PD are canceled in favor of crap shows that used to be good?

I'd rather still have Pushing Daisies on than just about any other show, except BSG and Damages. I'd even sacrifice 24 to the TV gods if they gave us another season or two of Pushing Daisies.

There's not even any guarantee we'll see a rise in quality immediately after he comes on board, either; I mean, if he's handed a crap storyline, there's only so much he can do. And if this season keeps going like its going, there may not even be a season 4. So who knows if we'll ever even see a positive impact by Fuller on the show.

Oh well. Here's hoping Fuller can bring Heroes back into its season one glory days (I say season one glory days because I didn't like season two either. Sylar wandering around Mexico, Maya and Alejandro the wonder twins sucking up screen time, Hiro in Japan for way too many episodes, Peter wandering around Ireland - the entire season was just one enormous stall. I felt like I was watching a soap opera, and it was painful. Adam was great, though, and so was Elle; but it just dragged on and on forever, it felt like, when the entire season could have been told in maybe five episodes).

I watched Pushing Daises for several weeks and ended up dropping it completely. I thought it was a fantastic concept but I didn't feel like it lent itself to episodic storytelling. I got bored with it pretty quick and wish they had just done a miniseries with one really long extended murder to solve, it would have been a lot more fun I think (for me at least).

Because while the second season didn't suck THIS bad, it was still going downhill from everything established in the first season. And you really cannot deny that even though it had its moments, Season Two simply is not as good as the first season of the show. Honestly, it seemed like it knew where it had to go to reach the great bits, but had no idea which path to follow to get there.

I disagree. I think the first 11 episodes of season 2 are better than the first 11 episodes of season 1. Therefore, in my mind, season 2, was setting itself up to be the better season. It just got handicapped. Sure, it's not as good as the last half of season 1, but it's better than the first half.

So if you hate it so bad, don't watch it, and we'll let you know if you should come back next season when one of the best showrunners in the business rejoins this series.

But... what would you do without my ranting?!

And it's not like Fuller was the reason the first season was awesome. He wasn't around for season 2 and that had some real awesome in it.

Ugh, I completely disagee. Season 3 may be as bad as Season 2 story-wise, but at least it isn't unentertaining and filled with characters who make me want to turn it off every time they open they're mouths.

I disagree. I think the first 11 episodes of season 2 are better than the first 11 episodes of season 1.

This statement is so untrue that it makes me question whether or not you actually exist.:shock:

This statement is so untrue that it makes me question whether or not you actually exist.:shock:

Oh yeah? Well this should break your brain:

"This statement is false."

I find it funny that Bass was just as outspoken during season 2

Season 1 was so boring to begin with, if it hadn't been for Hiro, I'd've never got past the first few episodes. At least season 2 had Hiro and Kensei, and HRG. The rest was bollocks. Just like season 1 was. And like season 1, it was all going somewhere worthwhile...

I was extremely engaged Season One. Season Two had MAJOR problems, PARTICULARLY in the Kensei story arc, but moreseo in the Peter story arc, and everything with Maya up until Sylar's involvement... I really strongly disagree season two was anywhere near as good as season one. It introduced a lot of great ideas, but had no idea how to handle them.

And I mean, Fuller was one of the showrunners of season one, the only episode he had complete, absolute control over was "The Company Man", and I will fight ANYONE who thinks that there has been a better episode in the entire series.

I was extremely engaged Season One. Season Two had MAJOR problems, PARTICULARLY in the Kensei story arc, but moreseo in the Peter story arc, and everything with Maya up until Sylar's involvement... I really strongly disagree season two was anywhere near as good as season one. It introduced a lot of great ideas, but had no idea how to handle them.

And I mean, Fuller was one of the showrunners of season one, the only episode he had complete, absolute control over was "The Company Man", and I will fight ANYONE who thinks that there has been a better episode in the entire series.

He speaks the truth!

But the Kensei arc was FUN. The problem wasn't in the Kensei arc, but in the season's plotting. If the Kensei arc had all its scenes but finished in two or three episodes, everyone would've loved it. There was a lot of good stuff there. From thinking Kensei was Hiro's dad, to thinking it was going to be Hiro, to suddenly discovering Kensei was a hero, to the betrayal by Hiro... lots of great stuff there that really paid off when Adam Munroe showed up in front of Peter.

I forget which one "The Company Man" is.

Anyhow, the terrible thing of it is... I can't even bring myself to go back and begin watching Heroes because I was so bored at the beginning. And I was so less bored at the beginning of season 2.

I dunno. I think Heroes may have just lucked into a top-notch first season finale.

But I'll take a look at The Company Man again. Refresh myself.

EDIT - Went to wiki to remember which was "Company Man". It was #17. Definitely one of the series biggest highlights to date, you are not wrong on that one DSF.

Last edited:
But the Kensei arc was FUN. The problem wasn't in the Kensei arc, but in the season's plotting. If the Kensei arc had all its scenes but finished in two or three episodes, everyone would've loved it. There was a lot of good stuff there. From thinking Kensei was Hiro's dad, to thinking it was going to be Hiro, to suddenly discovering Kensei was a hero, to the betrayal by Hiro... lots of great stuff there that really paid off when Adam Munroe showed up in front of Peter.

Yes, it paid off well in that episode when Adam Munroe was revealed, but you forget that he was stuck in the past for over HALF THE SEASON. Those stories got repetitive and increasingly infuriating, and I ended up caring less and less about Hiro to the point where i can't even find the love i had for the character during season one.

I cannot give The Kensei Arc to Heroes as a win. It did not work for me in the slightest. It was just one of the many things that dragged the show down. And I was happy with how it all pulled out. I agree that Adam Munroe is a great character. But I am legitimately surprised you are defending those early episodes. I watched the whole second season right before season 3 started and I found them just as tedious as they were the first time.

I dunno. I think Heroes may have just lucked into a top-notch first season finale.

They progressed extremely well through season one, especially towards its ending. I think you need to go back and watch season one at some point. Or at least the last five episodes. Remember all the little things that completely threw us off track as we tried to figure out how the ending would happen... The Company Man, when HRG has the Haitian wipe his mind so he doesn't remember betraying the company, and then shoot him... That was just the first unexpected twist that brought us to the end.

Last edited:
Yes, it paid off well in that episode when Adam Munroe was revealed, but you forget that he was stuck in the past for over HALF THE SEASON. Those stories got repetitive and increasingly infuriating, and I ended up caring less and less about Hiro to the point where i can't even find the love i had for the character during season one.

I cannot give The Kensei Arc to Heroes as a win. It did not work for me in the slightest. It was just one of the many things that dragged the show down. And I was happy with how it all pulled out. I agree that Adam Munroe is a great character. But I am legitimately surprised you are defending those early episodes. I watched the whole second season right before season 3 started and I found them just as tedious as they were the first time.

Again, I completely agree. The idea that the Kensei arc was "fun", let alone that it was fun and the first half of the first season was "boring"..... I could not disagree more with nor see the logic behind. The first half of Season 2including but not limited to the Kensei arc(the Guatemalens, Micah's cousins, "West") was probably the least entertained I've been by the series at any point.

Back