DC Animated Universe - Timeline (v2.0)

Wait, I am confused. I didn't watch this movie but it says on the internet that the Multiverse collapsed and the Earths merged to become the Gunnverse.

If that is so, it's peculiar that the Gunnverse is more connected to the animated multiverse than the live-action one. I am guessing the live-action verses are still around, which would mean they are a different multiverse.

I also didn't watch the live action Flash movie but didn't Barry already create the Gunnverse there?
No clue where you heard that but there is zero indication that it became the Gunnverse. That is BS.

No clue where you heard that but there is zero indication that it became the Gunnverse. That is BS.
This is a bit off-topic to DCAU but I am wondering how many established Multiverses there are in DC?

* There is the Multi-multiverse from the comics which seems to cover everything from comics to shows to movies.

* There is the animated multiverse.

* Then the live action one.

These multiverses can sometimes seemingly interact with each other. For example, the live action Clooney Batman showing up in Brave and the Bold cartoon (one could say that those crossovers simply feature variants of those characters, but I don't really like that approach).

I wonder if there is a video game multiverse? The Suicide Squad game features one, but IDK if that is connected to games like Injustice etc.

IIRC, DC Online and Infinite Crisis online games have their own multiverse lores based on the 52 multiverse lore.

So like Dr Fate of the Tomorrowverse said: The multiverse split after the death of baby Darkseid. This is similar to CW's The Flash tie-in books where the undoing of Flashpoint created a paradox, a split multiverse (or at least a group of Earths that would make contact with Earth-1) where he didn't go back to save his mom to begin with.
I suppose it might be accurate to say that the Tomorrowverse is an overlapping multiverse in the same space. Say, we could note it as Earth-1A, Earth-2A, Earth-4A, etc., explaining the continuity with the Earth numbers being different. "Earth-12A", or "Earth-12 (Tomorrowverse)" is essentially Earth-508 if Darkseid never existed, we could argue.

I suppose it might be accurate to say that the Tomorrowverse is an overlapping multiverse in the same space. Say, we could note it as Earth-1A, Earth-2A, Earth-4A, etc., explaining the continuity with the Earth numbers being different. "Earth-12A", or "Earth-12 (Tomorrowverse)" is essentially Earth-508 if Darkseid never existed, we could argue.
Myxptlk was listing off random Earth numbers incongruent to the "Supermen" he was manifesting; as an example of the 'multiverse'.

I strongly doubt Main Earth-508 = Tomorrowverse Earth-12 and the DCAU is either Earth-12 with MAwS misidentified as that number or another unidentified number.

Last edited:
This is a bit off-topic to DCAU but I am wondering how many established Multiverses there are in DC?

* There is the Multi-multiverse from the comics which seems to cover everything from comics to shows to movies.

* There is the animated multiverse.

* Then the live action one.

These multiverses can sometimes seemingly interact with each other. For example, the live action Clooney Batman showing up in Brave and the Bold cartoon (one could say that those crossovers simply feature variants of those characters, but I don't really like that approach).

I wonder if there is a video game multiverse? The Suicide Squad game features one, but IDK if that is connected to games like Injustice etc.

IIRC, DC Online and Infinite Crisis online games have their own multiverse lores based on the 52 multiverse lore.
There seems to be some chance of overlap or probable access to the other DC Multiverses from one to another. For now its easiest to assume, especially since the DC article I linked in the previous page insinuated this, that variants of visually similar universes exist but take into account specific mediums/versions as its sole-canon.

Got the flashbacks done, I think. Let me know if I missed any.

I'll update with movie and comic stamps later.

Once again, Dallas pulls me from the maw. I have been summoned!

Hi, James here, creator of the above video and editor of much of what you see on the Watchtower Database channel. When Dallas says we "remove comments that don't line up with [our] way of thinking," he may be referring to the countless times he has brought his own bigotry, racism, transphobia, or the like to our comment section and our social media pages, from which he has been blocked for the last roughly 7 years, a humorous, and perhaps charming, amount of time to still hold me in his heart. So yes, if that "line of thinking" not being allowed a voice in the vicinity of our content is an upsetting concept, then our videos are not for you.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks for sharing our video, Megatron! All hail the Decepticons!
Hey y'all at Watchtower Database, can you check Facebook DMs? I sent you something you might really really like. It's a holy grail find. :)

See I don't count anything besides movies and shows for the DCAU. Just a personal preference.

This is canon. In an all ages comic.
And for context this movie is morbidly disgusting and f'ed up, a HARD NC-17. I would equate it to Batman watching Men Behind the Sun.
View attachment 2539
Source: Batman: Gotham Adventures #56
I looked it up. WOW, what the heck did I just read!? It's not my cup of tea, but that's a pretty hardcore film. It's kinda based to reference a film where people have legitimate "relations" in a DCAU comic. It seems like one of those artsy-fartsy films that critics would love but audiences would be a bit overwhelmed by. I'm not really offended, just hope no kids tried to find it afterwards XD.

I wonder which comics are canon for DCAU. I know some are Earth-12, which is apparently not DCAU.

Back