Batman/Superman Anthology Timelines

Central City was referenced in Echoes #3. Jesus Christ, this is the worst release schedule ever.
Restored after CW's Crisis or DCEU's Flashpoint?

I dunno if we're to take the 89 comics as canon to the live-action multiverse and if "Earth-789" is just the overall numbering through the whole multiverse (not just the local live-action ones?)...that would mean CW's Anti-Monitor couldn't possibly do harm to any Earth outside of the local multiverse?

This is confusing.

Restored after CW's Crisis or DCEU's Flashpoint?

I dunno if we're to take the 89 comics as canon to the live-action multiverse and if "Earth-789" is just the overall numbering through the whole multiverse (not just the local live-action ones?)...that would mean CW's Anti-Monitor couldn't possibly do harm to any Earth outside of the local multiverse?

This is confusing.

what if...
Earth 7890?

Over 50% of the way in. Considering that Basil Karlo has started impersonating the Joker throughout the book, and apparently Jack Napier's corpse that was buried ISN'T HIS (leading Batman to suspect Joker is alive and thus likely to buy into Clayface's acting), it makes me wonder how Jack could manage to convince people he's the real Joker after his resurrection during Red Mask's multiversal travel to Earth-789, since I'm assuming that Clayface fooled everyone years prior. Well, in the 2019 Crisis, it seemed people were convinced at least.

Small timeline issues:
-It is mentioned that Bruce didn't go out on consecutive nights during Batman (1989).
-It is mentioned that Batman has had a short career, despite the fact that he has supposedly been active since 1979, seen in Superman '78 #3.

Last edited:
So we agree that Superman (1978-1987) and Batman (1989-1992) are the same universe, and that brings in Supergirl (1984) and Catwoman (2004). Following this, Human Target (2010-2011) is loosely connected to Donner's Superman. You could argue that, since Crisis on Infinite Earths is an in-universe comic book in the Human Target universe, it was written based on Reeve's Superman and Keaton's Batman (in theory; we'll never actually know the true intent of that newspaper. It does seem a little far-fetched but it is identical).

If we assume that Batman/Superman always existed in the same universe before and after Crisis, which I personally prefer over a merger with Earth-96 (but that's possible too, hopefully with Earth-90 folded in as well), that means that some characters in Earth-89 probably read Crisis on Infinite Earths and then looked out their window one December 10th and saw the sky turn red. That idea is very amusing to me, lol.

Last edited:
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin: Robin: Facing the Enemy
Batman & Robin
Batman & Robin: Batgirl: To Dare the Darkness
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
3x03, "Night of the Batmen!"
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special #1, "Rattling the Cage"
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special #1, "Changing Tides"

The Flash
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special #1, "Afterimage"
Blue Beetle
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
I thought this Batman had nothing to do with the DCEU only Batman 89 and Batman Returns did

Latest posts

Back