Wow. Does anyone else feel like this happens every time?

I would like Ed Norton to be in the movie, but I'm not angry or up in arms. I trust that the movie will be good either way.

I sense an impending "Hi, I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC" with Ed Norton and Terrence Howard as super-villains.

So does that mean Joaquin Phoenix is a raper?

Not just a raper. The Greatest Raper Alive.

Edit: All joking aside, I think he's quite talented, and I'd be interested to see what he did with the role.

Last edited:
Actually I recall that the "falling out" was just a creative difference that everyone involved was very civil about and it's the press that tried to make it into a drama.

That's true, but the reason I don't buy it is because of the lack of publicity. I could be wrong, but I just don't buy it. Ed Norton on a show and one question is, "What were the troubles" and he says, "There weren't any really. It was just a bit of heated discussion in the editing suite. Happens all the time, but it got really misrepresented, [here is a joke]."

So, I'm finding it hard to believe that is the case.

That said, I have no idea what's really going on. It's a big he said/she said debacle that's happening now as opposed to the Christian Bale yelling thing which happened weeks prior to the leak and had already been sorted out.

Phoenix would be an odd choice after more or less implying Ed Norton was hard to work with.

Joaquin Phoenix is a loony.

Last edited:
I just read about this yesterday.... so utterly ****ed up. There is something about studios in that they just don't get how truly important actor continuity is to the showmanship of the whole affair. They should do everything they can not to recast anybody. I will never, ever understand how any already successful actor will drop out of a series they're interested in because they want a bigger paycheck either, but.... ugh. This is always just so bad on so many ends. Hard to say if it will be worse than the different Rachel Dawes in TDK, but.... yeah it's going to be worse. No matter how great the movie could still end up being, this is a permanent disability.

I like Phoenix. I really do. I completely believe he was doing an Andy Kaufman thing and it backfired, and so anything that gets him back would be a pleasure.

That said... I'd like it to be Steve Buscemi. Or John Tuturro. Or Dominic West. Or Michael Imperlioli. Or John Simm. Or Colin Farrell.

Or Eric Bana.

Phoenix will be totally fine though. In fact, I think he'd be kinda wonderful.

I just read about this yesterday.... so utterly ****ed up. There is something about studios in that they just don't get how truly important actor continuity is to the showmanship of the whole affair. They should do everything they can not to recast anybody. I will never, ever understand how any already successful actor will drop out of a series they're interested in because they want a bigger paycheck either, but.... ugh. This is always just so bad on so many ends. Hard to say if it will be worse than the different Rachel Dawes in TDK, but.... yeah it's going to be worse. No matter how great the movie could still end up being, this is a permanent disability.

It definitely sucks, but remember that the actor playing Banner could wind up being in the film for very little time. Mostly it'll probably just be a CG Hulk running around and smashing stuff.

Just as bad, if not worse.

Worse how? For Ed Norton, maybe, who got unquestionably shafted over a part that might turn out to be negligible.

My point is that if someone is going to be replaced, better it be someone who'll have less screen time versus someone like Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth who have to be on screen all the time as both the heroes and their civilian identities. At least RDJ gets a break when he armors up.

Last edited:
I like Phoenix. I really do. I completely believe he was doing an Andy Kaufman thing and it backfired, and so anything that gets him back would be a pleasure.

That said... I'd like it to be Steve Buscemi. Or John Tuturro. Or Dominic West. Or Michael Imperlioli. Or John Simm. Or Colin Farrell.

Or Eric Bana.

Phoenix will be totally fine though. In fact, I think he'd be kinda wonderful.
Or Nathan Fillion! Or Famke Jannsen!

Last edited:
Back