Worse how? For Ed Norton, maybe, who got unquestionably shafted over a part that might turn out to be negligible.

My point is that if someone is going to be replaced, better it be someone who'll have less screen time versus someone like Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth who have to be on screen all the time as both the heroes and their civilian identities. At least RDJ gets a break when he armors up.

Because it's automatically making the movie less character-driven and more about sheer action. MEH.

Because it's automatically making the movie less character-driven and more about sheer action. MEH.

Which is why they hired Whedon, he's the farthest from a character story Director as humanly possible.

I went into a Hulk-like rage when I heard about this. So now not only is Edward Norton not going to play Bruce Banner/the Hulk in The Avengers, but now I have to explain to my neighbor how I crushed his truck into his fireplace and then tread the very uncomfortable ground of explaining why I raped some of his livestock (my neighbor is a farmer).

Damn you Marvel Studios!!

I love Ed Norton. But Joaquin Phoenix really isn't a bad replacement idea. I'd love to see him play Bruce Banner.

We don't know that. There's nothing to say the script will be any different with a different actor playing Banner. Given the Joaquin Phoenix rumor, it sounds like they're still looking at actors who can bring some good game to the table.

EDIT: Oh, wait. You're saying that if there's not enough screen time for Banner regardless, it means they'll be focusing on the action more. I get it. Well, still. It doesn't mean it won't be character-driven.

Which is why they hired Whedon, he's the farthest from a character story Director as humanly possible.

I respectfully disagree.

Ed Norton's 'offical' (he posted it on facebook) statement on the matter:

34609_132653023441805_101925766514531_167684_647616_n.jpg

My levels of respect for high have risen so significantly, I didn't think it was possible. It great to hear a casting dispute being more civil.

So...basically Norton is just confirming that it was all about money and it's great that everybody's sad he can't do it...but SRSLY GUYS, THEY WEREN'T GIVIN ME NUFF MONIES.

Why has your respect risen for him?!

Norton's always been a class act who just seems to "get it", but it's still nice to see that being kept up. I've already had the career of one of my favourite actors pretty much end this week(Gibson), it would suck to have to deal with a lot of drama from another.

Edit:
So...basically Norton is just confirming that it was all about money and it's great that everybody's sad he can't do it...but SRSLY GUYS, THEY WEREN'T GIVIN ME NUFF MONIES.

Where is he confirming that? I took this to mean it's still about creative differences (presumably: he doesn't want to play the Hulk as a villain).

Last edited:
It didn't really read that way to me. The parts that stuck out to me were "it hasn't turned out as we all hoped." That to me sounds like money.

Why has your respect risen for him?!

Even if that is the case, so what? He's a big star and a great actor who can get bigger movies and didn't want a significant pay cut for such a big project that would probably consume a lot of time for him. He didn't take it personally and he shows absolute respect for Marvel and the fans. And does whatever he can to not be bitter about. He doesn't complain, *****, or moan. He doesn't point fingers and thanks everyone for the opportunity. That is both humble and respectful something you don't see enough of in this industry.

Okay.... if this was in any way about a man who will already be a multi-millionaire for life turning down the chance to reprise a role he supposedly loves and millions of fans want him him because they weren't paying him quite enough multiples of a million dollars.... then **** him, that's ridiculous and I can't see how ANYONE would think that's classy or respectful to the fans, no matter how polite a letter he writes.

But there's no sense getting worked up over that idea until I see any evidence that it happened, which I seriously doubt.

It's whatever really. Downey, Jr. is still Tony f'n Stark so I'm fine with whoever shows up as Banner. No matter how much I dig Norton.... Banner isn't the star anyway, Hulk is.

Initially, I was opposed to Fillion platying more than one part, but now that I think of it; it would be awesome if he was Banner, Pym, and Captain America. It'd be like DR STRANGELOVE but thrice as awesome.

340xb.jpg

I second that emotion!

It didn't really read that way to me. The parts that stuck out to me were "it hasn't turned out as we all hoped." That to me sounds like money.

That...is completely ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back