UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 12/27/06

its funny how you all miss one of the most vital points of all this, yes Lindelof, MIGHT be a good writer. but from a businesses stand point. this will most likely be there last venture with Marvel.

and not having enough time to get anything done is bunch of bull crap, if you want to play in the lost factor, Lindelof had PLENTY of time get most of storylines and script written and sent into drawing before this season of lost even started taping. there was time there to get it done. if he used it to his advantage or not, is not my concern. but if you want use the show as as scrapgoat for him. remember that there are also OTHER writers and producers and what not. and if you want to talk about over loaded writers, take a look at how many comics some writers are putting out on a monthly basis... Neil G. (sandman) even had time to write a book.

its funny how you all miss one of the most vital points of all this, yes Lindelof, MIGHT be a good writer. but from a businesses stand point. this will most likely be there last venture with Marvel.
I disagree. Just because of this doesn't meant they wouldn't work with each other again in the future. Just means that hopefully they'll become smarter and work out correct schedules.

and not having enough time to get anything done is bunch of bull crap, if you want to play in the lost factor, Lindelof had PLENTY of time get most of storylines and script written and sent into drawing before this season of lost even started taping. there was time there to get it done.
Which is what he did as was said...

But also, he had to come in and start the plot and scripts with the other writers, too.

and not having enough time to get anything done is bunch of bull crap, if you want to play in the lost factor, Lindelof had PLENTY of time get most of storylines and script written and sent into drawing before this season of lost even started taping. there was time there to get it done. if he used it to his advantage or not, is not my concern. but if you want use the show as as scrapgoat for him. remember that there are also OTHER writers and producers and what not. and if you want to talk about over loaded writers, take a look at how many comics some writers are putting out on a monthly basis... Neil G. (sandman) even had time to write a book.

Neil's really not a good example. His latest book is a collection of short stories he's written over the last few years and hes only had a few comic projects in that time (Two that I can recall and ones about to finish) Now say Javier Grillo-Marxuach whos been putting out The Middle Man over at Viper while working as a Supervising Producer on Lost...

I disagree. Just because of this doesn't meant they wouldn't work with each other again in the future. Just means that hopefully they'll become smarter and work out correct schedules.

you normally only get one chance.

Which is what he did as was said...

But also, he had to come in and start the plot and scripts with the other writers, too.

on a title with 8 months of delays?, you mean to tell me that lost runs for more than eight months? with fresh episodes each week.

Neil's really not a good example. His latest book is a collection of short stories he's written over the last few years and hes only had a few comic projects in that time (Two that I can recall and ones about to finish) Now say Javier Grillo-Marxuach whos been putting out The Middle Man over at Viper while working as a Supervising Producer on Lost...

i was quick walking down the aisle at the store when i took a quick glance at the book and Neils name popped out, it was Anansi Boys, which was released in late 2005, it was new to me, but after looking it up (just now). It wasn't.

This title is not worth the debating. It's beyond late, and it's far too late for me to buy anymore of it. And, it's not that good. I liked the art, and the first issue was cool, and the second issue was better....but it's just a Hulk Wolverine fight and I just don't care.

The dude came up with the outline of the story, someone else should write from that outline and Lindelof looks over the script before it's done. Get this over with as soon as possible, we now know that Banner gets way more control over Hulk, neither die, and Banner comes back in time to kill Abomination in a rather awesome manner.

we now know that Banner gets way more control over Hulk, neither die

Anyone who thought otherwise - even before it was confirmed in Ultimates 2 #12 - is dumb. Of course they weren't going to die. So what?

Welll...yeah, fine...Logan doesn't even have back problems from all this.

Anyone who thought otherwise - even before it was confirmed in Ultimates 2 #12 - is dumb. Of course they weren't going to die. So what?

This is the major problem with ALL Ultimate minis.

Since the UU is still fairly new and based heavily in continuity....it's hard for all these side minis/crossovers to happen without it affecting current storylines.

It all goes back to my Ultimate Gah Lak Tus arguement. It takes place between certain events and nothing major can happen so as not to spoil the events of the mini or current storylines in ongoing titles.

UIM would've been fine since it's events took place before Ultimates. So as long as that story matched with Ultimates continuity---it would've been fine. Or at least it would've been had Card not decided to turn UIM into his own Highlander 2 (anyone whose seen the film knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about).

This is why I'm still optimistic about Ultimate Wolverine Origins. All of it is supposed to take place before UXM so as long as they place him in WWII and Desert Storm and Weapon X (if they decide to cover that period) it should be fine.

But now I'm just ranting and getting off topic.

So yeah---they need to finish the story to save face........but just don't expect anyone to care. At least it'll be interesting to see how Banner becomes more in control.

UIM would've been fine since it's events took place before Ultimates. So as long as that story matched with Ultimates continuity---it would've been fine. Or at least it would've been had Card not decided to turn UIM into his own Highlander 2 (anyone whose seen the film knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about).

Dude that is a perfect comparison .

Last edited:
Yeah, no one is debating whether or not the title is valid or what not. These delays are just killer. It's like waiting for Death to knock on your door.

i was quick walking down the aisle at the store when i took a quick glance at the book and Neils name popped out, it was Anansi Boys, which was released in late 2005, it was new to me, but after looking it up (just now). It wasn't.

It was quite good too.

Ahem. ROTFLMFAO

UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed until Judgement Day.

I mean. . .now that Ultimates 2 has shown that Hulk is back and in control, does anyone really care anymore?

I mean. . .now that Ultimates 2 has shown that Hulk is back and in control, does anyone really care anymore?

I do.

Well, I didn't really care to start, I just picked it up cause of that splash with the Hulk surrounded by women. I though it looked real cool.

Eh. Someday it'll make a nw reader smile when one of us stops him and says read this between Ultimates 2 1 and 2. Its cool. Till then we rage.

I care. We see some of it in #2 (how ever very little it may be), and I'd like to see where that went before his appearance in Ultimates 2 #12.

Last edited:
I care. We see some of it in #2 (how ever very little it may be), and I'd like to see where that went before his appearance in Ultimates 2 #12.

I care too. Like I said, it's not like we didn't know what the end outcome would be.

Not every story has to end in the death of a major character or something equally big.

Not every story has to end in the death of a major character or something equally big.

I don't think anyone was expecting either one of them to die (and if they did---they're bleeding 'tards and shouldn't be allowed to live for fear of the harm they could do to themselves). But instead it looks as if we're getting the story of how Banner learns to control the Hulk. Which is an interesting ministory on its own. Had they finished this mini on one of those open-ended notes before the Hulks return in Ultimates--this would've been one hell of a mini and great tie-in.

But instead it's just another mini that I think will fall flat.

But that's just me.......

Latest posts

Back