UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 12/27/06

Right as you may/not be, I still don't buy it. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any valid reason for this long for delays.

Well it's a good thing Damon Lindelof isn't coming on here and telling you how you should be performing at your job. Point being - you don't have any idea what he's doing or what are causing the delays.

It's one thing to criticize Marvel for the delays, and I agree with that. They knew from the beginning it was going to take a long time since it was solicited at every other month. There is no excuse for not planning apprpriately - whether it is getting issues in the can, or setting it up so that Lindelof is plotting and someone else is scripting, or whatever.

But blaming Lindelof is just bogue. He obviously let them know how this would work into his schedule - it's up to Marvel to plan accordingly.

But blaming Lindelof is just bogue. He obviously let them know how this would work into his schedule - it's up to Marvel to plan accordingly.

How is that obvious? I'm not saying it's not true, but how do you know what kind of contract Marvel and Lindelof made and what was promised?

How is that obvious? I'm not saying it's not true, but how do you know what kind of contract Marvel and Lindelof made and what was promised?
I think the fact that he has to write/produce (to which he's credited to) is the obvious part. It's not like he's going to forget to tell him that he has a lot of work to do with his first job. :?

I don't claim to know specifics. But obviously he let them know that he wasn't going to be doing a monthly book, since it was never planned to be a monthly book.

I don't claim to know specifics. But obviously he let them know that he wasn't going to be doing a monthly book, since it was never planned to be a monthly book.
But maybe he promised he'd do a bi-monthly book, which he has been unable to do. You're saying we shouldn't blame him but Marvel, but we honestly don't know what happened. It's clear that Lindelof is unable to stick to the schedule, but we don't know if Marvel knew this in advance and just didn't plan properly, of if Lindelof promised to make it happen and failed.

Yeah, it's gonna be bi-yearly.
Haha!! :lol:

But maybe he promised he'd do a bi-monthly book, which he has been unable to do. You're saying we shouldn't blame him but Marvel, but we honestly don't know what happened. It's clear that Lindelof is unable to stick to the schedule, but we don't know if Marvel knew this in advance and just didn't plan properly, of if Lindelof promised to make it happen and failed.
Oh come on now, don't make Marvel the innocent party here. They're not. They're not oblivious that they wouldn't know someone like Lindelof would have an easy schedule to try to stick to something like UWvsH. Again, he's credited to much more work besides writing for Lost. People know this.

Oh come on now, don't make Marvel the innocent party here. They're not. They're not oblivious that they wouldn't know someone like Lindelof would have an easy schedule to try to stick to something like UWvsH. Again, he's credited to much more work besides writing for Lost. People know this.

I'm not making anyone innocent. I'm just saying it's stupid to say that this is obviously completely Marvel's fault and not at all Lindelof's, because we don't know that.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I just can't agree with E's post that it's obvious who's at fault here.

Last edited:
I'm not making anyone innocent. I'm just saying it's stupid to say that this is obviously completely Marvel's fault and not at all Lindelof's, because we don't know that.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I just can't agree with E's post that it's obvious who's at fault here.
But we do. Marvel is the one who decided to play out everything before its done (as always). They know, like we know, that Lindelof is a very busy man. It's not info that isn't known.

But we do. Marvel is the one who decided to play out everything before its done (as always). They know, like we know, that Lindelof is a very busy man. It's not info that isn't known.

Okay, this is getting out of hand. I originally responded to this:
It's one thing to criticize Marvel for the delays, and I agree with that. They knew from the beginning it was going to take a long time since it was solicited at every other month.

The logic seems to be that because Marvel knew he couldn't keep a monthy schedule, they should've known he can't keep a bi-monthly one. I don't understand that. They made plans to publish it bi-monthly, and it didn't happen. I'm not blaming Lindelof for it, I just won't blame Marvel alone either because I don't know what happened. I just got the impression from E's post that he said it's a fact that this is Marvel's fault without knowing everything.

This is just stupid and not worth fighting over, so I think this will be enough for me. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Last edited:
Why do you think anyone is fighting? It's all just discussion.

And you should blame Marvel. They jump the ship a lot of times. It's not like they're the only ones who do anyways. What happened was that Lindelof was writing the scripts when he could, even though he planned everything out before. This is known. This was said a while ago. So Marvel made the book to be published bi-monthly thinking that would work. Obviously it didn't. Why? Because Lindelof had to work on Lost. Marvel was already publishing the mini before even a third script was in. They didn't wait. They should've.

All I'm saying is, if Lindelof had said to Marvel "I can't make it on a bi-monthly schedule", they would've waited. He didn't. Sure, Marvel probably screwed up, but maybe this is also a little bit Lindelof's fault. That's all I'm trying to say. Saying that it's 100% Marvel's fault without knowing everything was what I started questioning.

Last edited:
Why do you think anyone is fighting? It's all just discussion.

And you should blame Marvel. They jump the ship a lot of times. It's not like they're the only ones who do anyways. What happened was that Lindelof was writing the scripts when he could, even though he planned everything out before. This is known. This was said a while ago. So Marvel made the book to be published bi-monthly thinking that would work. Obviously it didn't. Why? Because Lindelof had to work on Lost. Marvel was already publishing the mini before even a third script was in. They didn't wait. They should've.

I agree, I see no angery posts here at all.

Seeing as how this isn't the first time something like this has happened, and Marvel has admitted fault for rushing things that weren't ready, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet I'm right.

See Civil War for another example.

Seeing as how this isn't the first time something like this has happened, and Marvel has admitted fault for rushing things that weren't ready, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet I'm right.

*swims in denial* you're wrong.

EDIT: Like mask squinting wrong.

Last edited:
well I'll cast my vote for one year between issues now then !!!

It just means my copies of the first two issues will be in prime condition when I finally get to fish them out of their container !! :D

As long as people buy the comic even after the long delays, marvel will do nothing. People should realize that and start not accept crap from them.
I'm not going to buy this, it's just insane for marvel to pull this off.

All I'm saying is, if Lindelof had said to Marvel "I can't make it on a bi-monthly schedule", they would've waited. He didn't. Sure, Marvel probably screwed up, but maybe this is also a little bit Lindelof's fault. That's all I'm trying to say. Saying that it's 100% Marvel's fault without knowing everything was what I started questioning.
It's not his decision as to when schedules are done.

And BINGO was his name-o.

*swims in denial* you're wrong.

EDIT: Like mask squinting wrong.
No, he's right.

But I'm with you with the mask squinting. :wink:

Latest posts

Back