UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 12/27/06

Re: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 11/01/06

I'm starting to wonder what the record for longest delay from the initial solicitation is, and if this is it now.

NYX, also took a very long time to come out....theres a thread for that somewhere....here

1 11/2003
2 01/2004.
3 02/2004.
4 08/2004.
5 09/2004.
6 09/2005

This is just rediculus, why are there so many delays again? I bet the writer and artist just forgot they were doing this

Leinil Yu obviously is not too swamped with work as he has done quite a lot of filler pages for other comic books. It's definitely Lindelof's fault. Looks like this will be the last time Marvel will let him write a comic book (unless he can commit on delivering on time). He's good, but not worth this.

Last edited:

Leinil Yu obviously is not too swamped with work as he has done quite a lot of filler pages for other comic books. It's definitely Lindelof's fault. Looks like this will be the last time Marvel will let him write a comic book. He's good, but not worth this.
Wrong.

Just because he's late doesn't mean they won't let him write. If that was the case, you wouldn't have much of a comic book business no matter the company.

And besides, (and I repeat this like a million times) Marvel KNEW Lindelof has higher priorities with Lost. That job comes first before this.

Leinil Yu obviously is not too swamped with work as he has done quite a lot of filler pages for other comic books. It's definitely Lindelof's fault. Looks like this will be the last time Marvel will let him write a comic book (unless he can commit on delivering on time). He's good, but not worth this.

Wrong.

Just because he's late doesn't mean they won't let him write. If that was the case, you wouldn't have much of a comic book business no matter the company.

And besides, (and I repeat this like a million times) Marvel KNEW Lindelof has higher priorities with Lost. That job comes first before this.

im with cmdrjanjalani on this one, with Kevin Smith it was a different story. but with lindelof on a show thats tanking (yea, i said it), and they put him on a HIGH profile project. its wasn't some side story. it was/is a MAJOR story. that has lasting ramifications. They knew that millar was going to be a little late so they had time to get Lindelofs story to the press, even if he was late. This is taking to long even for them not to notice.

in the long run it might be worth it on terms of sales. but sales wont help too much if, they put him on another project. no one will be willing to buy the title cuz they last title he worked on had so many delays.

The story isn't even worth the delays.

I'm glad I did read this because it was such a good story especially compared to the original. It's really not worth the delays. And what about Heinberg? He is currently writing Young Avengers and was writing Grey's Anantomy and the OC at the time he was writing YA. He even stated that with his tv duties he would make this his only ongoing and that he could do the title bi-monthly to better suit his schedule and have the comic come out on time. And now what's he doing? Relaunching Wonder Woman.

EDIT: So I think saying Lost comes first is just a sorry cop out. That's just my two cents.

Last edited:
Issue #3 will come out two months after Lost is cancelled... That places its release date around the fall of 2011.

EDIT: So I think saying Lost comes first is just a sorry cop out. That's just my two cents.
How is that a cop out? That's his PRIMARY job. If Lindelof worked more on the comics than Lost, he'd loose his job, and I can guess he doesn't want that.

It all depends on how it works on him. But yes, it should. If he put the shows aside behind comics, he could get fired.

Yet he still manages to write Wonder Woman AND Young Avengers. All I'm saying is, that he could have made the schedule fit him instead of us constantly seeing delays and a potentially great series get busted to the back burner. I know you love Lost and all, but at this point, i'd rather see Card finish this book regardless of inconsistencies.

So does that logic not apply to Heinberg?

Different people work differently. And their responsibilites might be different; we don't know.

And while I get the exasperation over the delays, I totally don't get saying this hasn't been good so far. The first two issues were two of the better Ultimate issues I've ever read - certainly the best start to any mini they've put out.

Yet he still manages to write Wonder Woman AND Young Avengers. All I'm saying is, that he could have made the schedule fit him instead of us constantly seeing delays and a potentially great series get busted to the back burner. I know you love Lost and all, but at this point, i'd rather see Card finish this book regardless of inconsistencies.
This has nothing to do with how I feel about Lost. Point is, he has a lot of work he deals with on the show, more than Heinberg does for what he writes, so his schedule is a lot more complicated than Heinberg.

Different people work differently. And their responsibilites might be different; we don't know.

And while I get the exasperation over the delays, I totally don't get saying this hasn't been good so far. The first two issues were two of the better Ultimate issues I've ever read - certainly the best start to any mini they've put out.
Agreed.

Last edited:
but at this point, i'd rather see Card finish this book regardless of inconsistencies.

You just destroyed any credibility you had in this discussion. For shame.

I understand that, but it's hard (for me) to accept due to the fact they both work for popular shows that are gaining a considerable fanbase. That being said, I'd just like for this series to end and Lindleoff to just pass the tiki.

EDIT: :lol: E, I jsut saw that post. As for Ice's post. Right as you may/not be, I still don't buy it. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any valid reason for this long for delays. I mean what if you were going to school and work at the same time. Busy schedule right, but you kept putting off an essay because you needed to pull some shifts to make rent. I doubt the professor would be lenient on turning your paper late and grading it like it was on time. And by those standards, it's unacceptable. I don't know, Marvel is just too lenient and the editors are sucking more and more. Writers aren't being kept in check and I don't see why he accepted the task with all his other duties at hand.

Last edited:
I understand that, but it's hard (for me) to accept due to the fact they both work for popular shows that are gaining a considerable fanbase. That being said, I'd just like for this series to end and Lindleoff to just pass the tiki.
Far as I know, Heinberg is just a writer. Lindelof isn't just a writer.

Latest posts

Back