The Apple Products Thread

Re: The iPhone and iPod thread

so how bout this:

as some of you know, Ive had to have my hard drive replaced twice on my MacBook. Each time this was done, the age of the hard drive was less than one year. In addition to this, I also had to have my keyboard replaced at one point. I considered calling Apple and complaining, but I got each replaced for free under Apple Care Protection Program, so I figured it's all good.

Then, Friday, my iPod stopped giving me sound in the right headphone of every headphone set I tried. It had to be something with the headphone jack. To repair this through Apple would cost over $160.

This was the last straw for me. I called up Apple, told them what was going on, that I have been a customer since OS 6 (which is true), and that I am extremely dissatisfied and wanted to know what they were going to do for me. After about an hour on the phone, they told me they were going to send me a brand new 80 GB iPod Classic. I was EXTREMELY pleased. They also informed me that if I have any hardware problems with my computer anymore, they will fully replace my computer.

Then, today, the disc drive on my MacBook stops working. So, it looks like I am getting a brand new iPod and a brand new computer.

Are using the Macbook as a snowboard or something?

so how bout this:

as some of you know, Ive had to have my hard drive replaced twice on my MacBook. Each time this was done, the age of the hard drive was less than one year. In addition to this, I also had to have my keyboard replaced at one point. I considered calling Apple and complaining, but I got each replaced for free under Apple Care Protection Program, so I figured it's all good.

Then, Friday, my iPod stopped giving me sound in the right headphone of every headphone set I tried. It had to be something with the headphone jack. To repair this through Apple would cost over $160.

This was the last straw for me. I called up Apple, told them what was going on, that I have been a customer since OS 6 (which is true), and that I am extremely dissatisfied and wanted to know what they were going to do for me. After about an hour on the phone, they told me they were going to send me a brand new 80 GB iPod Classic. I was EXTREMELY pleased. They also informed me that if I have any hardware problems with my computer anymore, they will fully replace my computer.

Then, today, the disc drive on my MacBook stops working. So, it looks like I am getting a brand new iPod and a brand new computer.

Were they Samsung HDD's? There was a bad batch in the MacBook line (I've been through 2 in 6 months). Yeah, I used to be a Microsoft engineer for Win2K and XP Pro, was a PC apologist through and through. Then JTG gave me his old G3 800 iBook, and I was hooked.

What kills me, are those people that rant over little things on the apple boards. Like there's a bad batch of bluetooth aluminum keyboards (thankfully mine's bug free), these people howl at the moon about how evil Apple is and how they're becoming Microsoft. You ask them if they've contacted support and they rant about how they shouldn't have to, blah blah. I've had to deal with Apple's customer and tech supports recently due to a couple iPhone and MacBook problems. I've NEVER been treated better by anyone in the tech service industry than I have by Apple.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who's been helped.

What kills me, are those people that rant over little things on the apple boards. Like there's a bad batch of bluetooth aluminum keyboards (thankfully mine's bug free), these people howl at the moon about how evil Apple is and how they're becoming Microsoft. You ask them if they've contacted support and they rant about how they shouldn't have to, blah blah. I've had to deal with Apple's customer and tech supports recently due to a couple iPhone and MacBook problems. I've NEVER been treated better by anyone in the tech service industry than I have by Apple.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who's been helped.

I'll second that. I've even called up support once to get my Mac connected to my home (Windows) wireless network, and they were extremely helpful.

I've had to exchange an iPod before that wasn't working correctly and had no problems whatsoever. And when I had to take in my MacBook Pro due to a failing fan, they had it back to me 2 days before they said they would.

Oh, and I've also had some issues with the magnetic power adapter for the MBP, and had it replaced twice - no issues either time.

yeah they were extremely polite and helpful... of course, i was really calm through the whole thing too, so they had no reason to get worked up, but when i was on hold, they checked up on me every 5 minutes or so, and were just especially helpful.

also, the disk drive on my compy started working again, so no NEW computer, but i already have my new iPod. I'm very happy.

Last edited:

yeah they were extremely polite and helpful... of course, i was really calm through the whole thing too, so they had no reason to get worked up, but when i was on hold, they checked up on me every 5 minutes or so, and were just especially helpful.

also, the disk drive on my compy started working again, so no NEW computer, but i already have my new iPod. I'm very happy.

YAY!

Good news.

Re: iPhone

I just took a picture of my kids, emailed it to my Flickr account from the phone, and posted it to blogs I run for them for out-of-state family.

Oh, and keep the "iPhone sux" comments coming. They are extremely funny, and completely original. I'd much rather read those than actual reasons why you don't like them, because I'm sure you have at least picked one up and tried using it and are therefore able to accurately assess its shortcomings.
I hate the interface.

That does NOT however mean it's a bad interface. Not the same thing, and I wish more people would realize the difference between those two statements when they want to bash the iPHone.

I hate the interface.

That does NOT however mean it's a bad interface. Not the same thing, and I wish more people would realize the difference between those two statements when they want to bash the iPHone.

See, and that's why I love mine. I went from Motorola's interface (had a SLVR then a RAZR), I played with Dad's iPhone and immediately went to the Apple Store and bought mine. I find the interface amazingly intuitive and easy to use.

But, with that said, I totally understand personal preference.

I hate the interface.

Oh noes! Logic and reason when talking about something you don't like about the iPhone! Interwebz black hole!!!

There's a rumor that some of the Mac gossip sites are discussing saying there will be a 3G iPhone in about 2 months. As long as the data plan isn't outrageously priced, I'm totally there.

Okay, my mom's new MacBook Air showed up today....

she got the 1.8GHz C2D model with the solid state drive...

I NEEED ONE!!! This is the slickest piece of hardware I've ever played with.

(oh and E, can we change this to a generic apple/mac thread?)

Would Cider be considered an Apple Product. I love Cider.

Would Cider be considered an Apple Product. I love Cider.

Actually no, I believe Cider is an openSource product. If you're meaning the Cider that's a WINE derivative specifically to allow Windows games to run native in OS X.

Still no word on the official release.

Actually no, I believe Cider is an openSource product. If you're meaning the Cider that's a WINE derivative specifically to allow Windows games to run native in OS X.

Still no word on the official release.
FTW!

Also, Congress is currently discussing the possibility of extending the terms of copyright such that Cider will need to pay a licensing fee to continue operating Windows games on OS X.

It will still, however, taste great with cheesecake.

Latest posts

Back