Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

So issue 2 of the Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe covers The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2 Adaptation, Iron Man 2: Agents of SHIELD and Iron Man 2: Public Identity. As suspected, The Fury Files is not included.

Last edited:
Thank you for putting that to rest. ;)

Speaking of the MCU guidebook... In the guidebook about the Incredible Hulk, it states it covers the Incredible Hulk, no other media is mentioned.
However under the heading 'Stark Update', the following is revealed:

With Stark Industries out of the weapons business, the military contracted Hammer Industries to design a single-pilot attack vehicle under General Thunderbolt supervision, when it was shot down during a field test in the Congo, Iron Man was sent to rescue the pilot, but Tony was aware the military hoped to manipulate him into killing fighters in the region. He therefore deliberately avoided slaying any of the pilot's captors. Afterwards, General Ross scolded Stark for turning his back on the US military.

I've seen The Incredible Hulk a few times, but can't remember any of this. Does anyone else, or should i pay more attention to these guidebooks, as it can reveal additional info to the MCU?

Speaking of the MCU guidebook... In the guidebook about the Incredible Hulk, it states it covers the Incredible Hulk, no other media is mentioned.

With Stark Industries out of the weapons business, the military contracted Hammer Industries to design a single-pilot attack vehicle under General Thunderbolt supervision, when it was shot down during a field test in the Congo, Iron Man was sent to rescue the pilot, but Tony was aware the military hoped to manipulate him into killing fighters in the region. He therefore deliberately avoided slaying any of the pilot's captors. Afterwards, General Ross scolded Stark for turning his back on the US military.

I've seen The Incredible Hulk a few times, but can't remember any of this. Does anyone else, or should i pay more attention to these guidebooks, as it can reveal additional info to the MCU?

I am pretty sure that is from the Iron Man 2: Public Identity comic series.

Zorkel is spot on. That was the plot of the canon MCU comic prequel Iron Man 2 - Public Identity mini series.

So I presume they're going to do Guidebooks for all the films, which hopefully (and likely based on these two) will cement what is or isn't MCU comic canon. That's the most often debated/questioned issue outside of timeline placements themselves in this thread, lol.

I'm going to buy all of these and use them as references.

Zorkel567 said:
Zorkel is spot on. That was the plot of the canon MCU comic prequel Iron Man 2 - Public Identity mini series.

Ah thanks guys that explains it. Read the Public Identity comic again to refresh my apparantly failing memory..

October 9, 2015
Scott Lang atacks Pym Technologies' headquarters

Screenshot of the fight scene in the helicopter:
vlcsnap_2015_12_02_12h47m55s947.png

That means that AoS 3x01 occurs after this date.

October 9, 2015
Scott Lang atacks Pym Technologies' headquarters

Screenshot of the fight scene in the helicopter:
vlcsnap_2015_12_02_12h47m55s947.png

That means that AoS 3x01 occurs after this date.

Nice catch!

Guess that means he was working at Baskin Robbins longer than we thought. ;)

I'll rewatch Ant-Man with this in mind once it comes out on DVD to more accurately date it.

Last edited:
What would Jessica Jones season 2 be about? Would they adapt the Pulse? There isn't really a lot of Jessica Jones story that isn't strongly tied to Luke Cage and the New Avengers.

Speaking as someone who has never read the comics, I'd imagine a season 2 to expand on the IGH in relation to Jessica and Simpson

Nice catch!

Guess that means he was working at Baskin Robbins longer than we thought. ;)

I'll rewatch Ant-Man with this in mind once it comes out on DVD to more accurately date it.

October 9 2015 is a Friday just like it shows on the iPhone. Is this the best resolution picture possible? I haven't got my Antman Blu-ray yet.

Speaking as someone who has never read the comics, I'd imagine a season 2 to expand on the IGH in relation to Jessica and Simpson

Yeah, that is a possibility. I assumed they had something to do with Luke too and that those threads would be picked up in his show.

The WHiH videos are obviously canon due to how they tie in and provide the actual back story/background for Scott Lang's arrest, which is an important factor. Jessica Jones beating random dudes up in a bar for a promo doesn't do that (expand the story or explain anything).

I just read that the WHiH video's are part of the DVD extra's for Ant-Man. So these are definitely canon. source

Last edited:
Sort of related to the timeline, but October 2016 is when the Inhuman gene spreads globally, correct? I am curious to know how that will be handled, especially since a majority of Marvel's super-powered characters are apparently owned by FOX. Marvel could end up asking permission to use some of their lesser-known Muties (which the Inhumans basically serve as in the MCU), if they are really on good terms right now.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm really sick of them making up Inhuman characters like Joey and Luke (still decent characters) since they have so few of them in the comics that aren't "movie-caliber".

Last edited:
Sort of related to the timeline, but October 2016 is when the Inhuman gene spreads globally, correct? I am curious to know that will be handled, especially since a majority of Marvel's super-powered characters are apparently owned by FOX. Marvel could end up asking permission to use some of their lesser-known Muties (which the Inhumans basically serve as in the MCU), if they are really on good terms right now.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm really sick of them making up Inhuman characters like Joey and Luke (still decent characters) since they have so few of them in the comics that aren't "movie-caliber".

October 2015. And I don't think it's so much that they don't have film-caliber Inhumans as Inhumans the film division has let them use. According to rumor not to long ago, the film studio was holding most of the Inhumans characters for their potential Inhumans film, forcing the series to create their own characters. I don't personally mind new characters; as somebody who doesn't know much/pay much attention to the Inhumans, I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. As is, I don't see Fox sharing any characters, even lesser known ones, especially now that Fox is expanding their film universe and into television.

October 2015.

terrigen_map_by_thelemsterpju-d9khnso.jpg

Hmmm. I assumed from this that will be "17 Months and 21 Days" after April 2015. That would place it around September or October 2016.

And I don't think it's so much that they don't have film-caliber Inhumans as Inhumans the film division has let them use .According to rumor not to long ago, the film studio was holding most of the Inhumans characters for their potential Inhumans film, forcing the series to create their own characters.

Actually, that's kinda what I meant. :oops:

To be totally honest, I'm not sure if FOX's film universe is going to last after 2020.

This was a simulation. Not a history. It's what they expect in 17 months. Thus it doesn't actually give us any clues.

Latest posts

Back