Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Jessica Jones filmed from February to August and Luke Cage started in September, so there is a 4 month gap between filming

Which may or may not be reflected in the show's chronology itself. While Jessica Jones filmed from February to August, it's internal chronology lasted maybe a month, tops, from presumably mid to late February to late March, 2015. Meaning Luke Cage will probably end up being set in late 2015. Guess we'll see when we see it.

Last edited:
Which may or may not be reflected in the show's chronology itself. While Jessica Jones filmed from February to August, it's internal chronology lasted maybe a month, tops, from presumably mid to late February to late March, 2015. Meaning Luke Cage will probably end up being set in late 2015. Guess we'll see when we see it.

Obviously, but my purely speculative money is on a June/July 2016 release and a September/October 2015 setting

Obviously, but my purely speculative money is on a June/July 2016 release and a September/October 2015 setting

I think they'll likely follow the April/November (ever 6 months or so) approach regarding releases. So we'll see Daredevil Season 2 around April, 2016, and Luke Cage around November, 2016.

Of course, the possibility of Jessica Jones Season 2, a likely Daredevil Season 3, Iron Fist Season 1, and The Defenders Season 1 are all likely planned, so it'll be interesting to see how they account for the popularity and expansion of the existing plans to account for additional seasons.

It's entirely possible they'll increase the shows to 3 per year, at which point a Summer release for Luke Cage season 1 makes sense (Daredevil Season 2 in April, Luke Cage in July, Jessica Jones Season 2 in November?).

I think they'll likely follow the April/November (ever 6 months or so) approach regarding releases. So we'll see Daredevil Season 2 around April, 2016, and Luke Cage around November, 2016.

Of course, the possibility of Jessica Jones Season 2, a likely Daredevil Season 3, Iron Fist Season 1, and The Defenders Season 1 are all likely planned, so it'll be interesting to see how they account for the popularity and expansion of the existing plans to account for additional seasons.

It's entirely possible they'll increase the shows to 3 per year, at which point a Summer release for Luke Cage season 1 makes sense (Daredevil Season 2 in April, Luke Cage in July, Jessica Jones Season 2 in November?).

What would Jessica Jones season 2 be about? Would they adapt the Pulse? There isn't really a lot of Jessica Jones story that isn't strongly tied to Luke Cage and the New Avengers.

I'm taking the June/July date from both Jessica Jones and Daredevil having taken 9 months to make and Luke Cage starting in September. Also I bet that November 2016 is Iron Fist and we already have the defenders by April 2017

Post defenders, I believe Luke and Danny's shows will be blended into a Heroes for Hire show and Jessica will live on as a supporting character in that. Like Canuck said, there are few solo Jessica Jones stories for a season 2 to pull from

I'm taking the June/July date from both Jessica Jones and Daredevil having taken 9 months to make and Luke Cage starting in September. Also I bet that November 2016 is Iron Fist and we already have the defenders by April 2017

Post defenders, I believe Luke and Danny's shows will be blended into a Heroes for Hire show and Jessica will live on as a supporting character in that. Like Canuck said, there are few solo Jessica Jones stories for a season 2 to pull from

I don't know that Marvel/Netflix is going to push Jessica to a supporting character in a bromance team-up show. They're pushing too hard for strong female characters (which is a good thing). If anything, Heroes for Hire will be an ensemble show with the three of them (and possibly Misty Knight and others) having equal billing.

What would Jessica Jones season 2 be about? Would they adapt the Pulse? There isn't really a lot of Jessica Jones story that isn't strongly tied to Luke Cage and the New Avengers.

I want to see Ritter hit Goblin with his own glider

It's entirely possible they'll write original material. I doubt they'd stop at one season due to a lack of a lot of source material to draw from.

This really upset me. They didn't take enough from the source material. I wanted 1-3 episode cases with an ongoing narrative and instead all the cases that we did get had to somehow tie into the main plot and we're usually just missing person cases. This whole show just left a bad taste in my mouth in general and I'm too worried about spoiling people to get into specifics.

Last edited:
I had a thought. With the two teaser trailers we had showing off Jessica's drinking and powers. They never actually appeared in the series. Could they count for the timeline?
Obviously the second one doesn't as it's Luke's bar she's in, and we know this doesn't make sense or fit in anywhere. But the teaser of her crushing the alarm clock theoretically could fit in.

I had a thought. With the two teaser trailers we had showing off Jessica's drinking and powers. They never actually appeared in the series. Could they count for the timeline?
Obviously the second one doesn't as it's Luke's bar she's in, and we know this doesn't make sense or fit in anywhere. But the teaser of her crushing the alarm clock theoretically could fit in.

No. You could force it in, but I view that as cut/deleted scenes. I suppose you could argue that it's promotional material like the Ant-Man YouTube shorts were, but it's pretty blatantly just a trailer. Whether it's a completely original trailer or cut scene remains to be seen, but I wouldn't count it as canon, and I doubt the official word by Feige or Loeb or Rosenberg or any of the people in charge of the MCU, it's Tv shows, or JJ specifically, would consider the trailer/teaser as canon.

Actually, i think it's a different bar. (after comparing the bar in the teaser with the one in the show)
Watching the four teasers in a row and chronical order, these would date before Season 1. (The 'It's Time' teaser doesn't count, but as it was posted on Youtube in the same style, i listed this one aswell.)

NA/NA NA It's Time 10/09
02.59 PM Good Morning 26/09
07:54 PM Nightcap 30/09
11:57 PM Evening Stroll 06/10
02:23 AM All in a Day's Work 08/10

Last edited:
Actually, i think it's a different bar. (after comparing the bar in the teaser with the one in the show)
Watching the four teasers in a row and chronical order, these would date before Season 1. (The 'It's Time' teaser doesn't count, but as it was posted on Youtube in the same style, i listed this one aswell.)

NA/NA NA It's Time 10/09
02.59 PM Good Morning 26/09
07:54 PM Nightcap 30/09
11:57 PM Evening Stroll 06/10
02:23 AM All in a Day's Work 08/10

It's still just promotional material, and very doubtful it's canon. Sort of the same principle behind not including deleted scenes. If it's not in the film/shows/canon comics, it isn't canon.

If I were to include the promos, why not deleted scenes? The reason is simple: they're not canon. If you get official word from Melissa Rosenberg or Feige or whatever, I'll add them in, but I'm 99.9% sure the trailers/teasers aren't canon, no more than the Daredevil promo of him walking down the street was.

It's still just promotional material, and very doubtful it's canon. Sort of the same principle behind not including deleted scenes. If it's not in the film/shows/canon comics, it isn't canon.

If I were to include the promos, why not deleted scenes? The reason is simple: they're not canon. If you get official word from Melissa Rosenberg or Feige or whatever, I'll add them in, but I'm 99.9% sure the trailers/teasers aren't canon, no more than the Daredevil promo of him walking down the street was.

The Daredevil teaser was totally out of place with the show. The Jessica Jones teasers could easily fit in, just as with the WHiH video's. However, i agree you shouldn't add these video's until there has been official word. Promotional material could easily be dismissed.

The Daredevil teaser was totally out of place with the show. The Jessica Jones teasers could easily fit in, just as with the WHiH video's. However, i agree you shouldn't add these video's until there has been official word. Promotional material could easily be dismissed.

Right. If Feige or someone who has a say comes out and confirms those promos as canon, I'll absolutely include them. But it seems pretty clear that such promos aren't necessarily meant to be taken as canon.

The WHiH videos are obviously canon due to how they tie in and provide the actual back story/background for Scott Lang's arrest, which is an important factor. Jessica Jones beating random dudes up in a bar for a promo doesn't do that (expand the story or explain anything).

Same with the Guardians of the Galaxy promo videos and Iron Man 2 promo vids. They're just promotional stuff, absolutely designed to fit into the existing canon (like the many "inspired by" comic books), but isn't an actual part of that canon.

The Jessica Jones showrunner said in an interview that she already has ideas for what Season 2 could entail, and that it's been discussed. And like DIrishB said, they could always create an original story for her. They have the character, doesn't mean the only stories they can tell about her have to come from the comics.

The Jessica Jones showrunner said in an interview that she already has ideas for what Season 2 could entail, and that it's been discussed. And like DIrishB said, they could always create an original story for her. They have the character, doesn't mean the only stories they can tell about her have to come from the comics.

jessica-2.jpg

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x04 must be ocurr em September 16, since Dansa för Kärleken" (Dance for Love) is held in Sergel's Square, Stockholm every year and the placement of banners and balloons seen here matches the photos in this blog post about the 2013 event ceciliasbikt.se/2013/09/16/7439. So Coulson's team arrives in Stockholm the day after the theft, which happened on the same day as Dansa för Kärleken that occur in 2013, September 15.

Last edited:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x04 must be ocurr em September 16, since Dansa för Kärleken" (Dance for Love) is held in Sergel's Square, Stockholm every year and the placement of banners and balloons seen here matches the photos in this blog post about the 2013 event ceciliasbikt.se/2013/09/16/7439. So Coulson's team arrives in Stockholm the day after the theft, which happened on the same day as Dansa för Kärleken that occur in 2013, September 15.

That's great info, unfortunately due to the hard date provided in the Pilot episode, and the days that pass within the first couple episodes, it's impossible to align AoS 1x04 exactly like that.

It can just be assumed that in the MCU that Dance for Love may have happened a day or two later. After all, we know the days of the week in comparison to dates don't align with our realities timeline, so it's entirely possible those don't align either.

Latest posts

Back