Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

I know there's a special disc with that called Phase One Files. So you never know. I don't usually buy special collector's set, but I just may have to this time.

Spoon_Wielder said:
I know there's a special disc with that called Phase One Files. So you never know. I don't usually buy special collector's set, but I just may have to this time.

Agreed. I don't even own a Bluray player and haven't been motivated to pick one up till now. But I'll definitely be getting this set.

As for the Phase One Files, I kind of just expect that to be the existing 2 One Shots and the new one, as well as the regular special features items from the existing DVDs/Blurays.

Though I wouldn't put it past Marvel to make another One Shot (or similar type project/short film) exclusive to that set...maybe even a prologue for Phase Two?

Also, I'm doing a bit more re-arranging of the timeline to fit in with the official MCU timeline released in the artbook. Expect an update in the next week or so.

Also, I'm doing a bit more re-arranging of the timeline to fit in with the official MCU timeline released in the artbook. Expect an update in the next week or so.

Awesome. I've also heard that the Amazing Spider-Man may take place in the MCU. Obviously it's just speculation and hopeful thinking until the movie comes out or Marvel confirms it. Just saying you may have to add him to the timeline too.

Spoon_Wielder said:
Awesome. I've also heard that the Amazing Spider-Man may take place in the MCU. Obviously it's just speculation and hopeful thinking until the movie comes out or Marvel confirms it. Just saying you may have to add him to the timeline too.

Don't take anything Avi Arad says seriously. His job at Marvel is to make crap up.

Avi Arad is no more a part of Marvel Studios since 2006.
He's created his own company (Arad Productions), but sometime he likes to contribuate giving money to help produce a Marvel movie.
He didn't help producing Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, for example, but financially helped for Iron Man 1&2, The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers.

Spoon_Wielder said:
There's also this article here about how OSCORP was supposed to be in the Avengers' skyline. I find that interesting.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61478

Interesting. There was an article recently where Andrew Garfield said he asked the ASM producers about cameoing in The Avengers, but due to time and the legal hoops they'd have to jump through they weren't able to make it happen.

However, its an interesting concept, and one I think would benefit both studios (Marvel and Sony) in their respective film series. While it may not be possible to outright include Spidey as a team member of the Avengers, a small cameo or references to that movie (and further sequels) would definitely be welcomed be fans, and possibly help increase box office for both because of that cross-over appeal (and let's be honest, the cross-over approach has worked much better in the films than it could ever hope to in the actual comics).

While it didn't happen this time, with the huge success of Avengers critically and financially, I'd be surprised if Sony doesn't go out of their way to make such a cameo/cross-over work in sequels.

Updated for Black Widow Strikes #3 and the Marvel One Shot "Item 47" which according to recently released reports follows two young people who discover a Chitauri weapon immediately following the conclusion of The Avengers and use it to rob banks, etc. Hence, I placed it immediately after The Avengers.

Will be updating for the recently announced Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Captain America - The Winter Soldier, and Thor - The Dark World films.

Excited as hell for all four, as well as Iron Man 3. Marvel Studios was firing on all cylinders with their announcements at Comic Con. Here's hoping all the announced MCU films end up getting to theaters (which isn't so unlikely given MS's past succe$$).

Last edited:
I'm super psyched for all of these movies. Especially Ant-man. I really hope they release the footage they showed at Comic-con to the public.

Spoon_Wielder said:
I'm super psyched for all of these movies. Especially Ant-man. I really hope they release the footage they showed at Comic-con to the public.

I'm really excited for Ant Man too, mainly to see how they'll approach making his powers of shrinking an effective super power on film, as well as the predicted tongue in cheek, humor, and zany effects.

Spoon_Wielder said:
New Marvel TV show in the works, set in the MCU. DIrishB you got your work cut out for you.

Yup. I'll be adding a tentative placement for The Avengers 2 in the next update. I won't add the TV show until it gets a name and is confirmed to actually air (these kinds of things fall through all the time).

I'm psyched by the news Joss Whedon is confirmed to write and direct Avengers 2, as well as play a role in developing and overseeing Phase 2.

If the TV show happens, I wonder what Marvel property they'll adapt. I've heard everything from a police procedural, Heroes for Hire, Moon Knight, a SHEILD show, and even the long in development Guillermo del Toro Hulk show that's been planned for years (though I doubt it'd be connected to the MCU since Ruffalo is playing the role in the films, and there've been rumors of a new Hulk film starring him after his popular turn in Avengers...probably not till Phase 3--post Avengers 2).

Updated for the confirmed release date of The Avengers 2.

Also, MCU comic related question: are we absolutely sure that The Avengers - The Avengers Initiative comic isn't meant to be MCU canon? I know Captain France posted that Van Lente and Pilgrim had Twittered a response as to what comics were canon and non-canon, but after reading it it seems to fit perfectly within canon and even reinforces elements from The Avengers film and Fury's Big Week comic. I suppose its meant to just be a MCU-inspired story, but it does fit perfectly as far as I can tell, right down to references to the World Security Council and slight references to the Hawkeye and Black Widow relationship. I don't know, Captain France knows his stuff so I take his word for it, and presumably Van Lente and Pilgrim would know, I just wanted to verify they hadn't listed it accidentally as non-canon.

Updated for the confirmed release date of The Avengers 2.

Also, MCU comic related question: are we absolutely sure that The Avengers - The Avengers Initiative comic isn't meant to be MCU canon? I know Captain France posted that Van Lente and Pilgrim had Twittered a response as to what comics were canon and non-canon, but after reading it it seems to fit perfectly within canon and even reinforces elements from The Avengers film and Fury's Big Week comic. I suppose its meant to just be a MCU-inspired story, but it does fit perfectly as far as I can tell, right down to references to the World Security Council and slight references to the Hawkeye and Black Widow relationship. I don't know, Captain France knows his stuff so I take his word for it, and presumably Van Lente and Pilgrim would know, I just wanted to verify they hadn't listed it accidentally as non-canon.

It's not canon because it's not possible Captain America was fighting during the Blitz (1940-1941).

Latest posts

Back