Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

So, from the Prelude #1, we have:

pages 1-8 seem to occur in 2011, definitively after THOR (Thor has already his Avengers armor).

2012 - May 3rd
pages 9-11 is just before the beginning of THE AVENGERS.
pages 12-14 is during "Loki's arrival" on Earth (THE AVENGERS).

2012 - May 4th
pages 15-17 is just before "Stuttgart Confrontation" (THE AVENGERS).
pages 18-20 is during "Stuttgart Confrontation" (THE AVENGERS).

Last edited:
So, from the Prelude #1, we have:

pages 1-8 seem to occur in 2011, definitively after THOR (Thor has already his Avengers armor).

2012 - May 3rd
pages 9-11 is just before the beginning of THE AVENGERS.
pages 12-14 is during "Loki's arrival" on Earth (THE AVENGERS).

2012 - May 4th
pages 15-17 is just before "Stuttgart Confrontation" (THE AVENGERS).
pages 18-20 is during "Stuttgart Confrontation" (THE AVENGERS).

Dude you're simply awesome.

Lol, I'll be picking up my comic tomorrow, didn't get a chance yet this week, thank goodness for Sundays. Promise I'll update it by tomorrow night.

The new Marvel One Shot is called Agent Carter, and will be on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. No word on when it takes place though. My guess is it will either take place all in the 40's after Cap's disappearance, or it will sum the last 70 years of her life.

The new Marvel One Shot is called Agent Carter, and will be on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. No word on when it takes place though. My guess is it will either take place all in the 40's after Cap's disappearance, or it will sum the last 70 years of her life.

Nice! Where'd you get the confirmation for the title? Makes sense though, since it focuses on her. Either way, thanks for the info.

So the official announcement for the Iron Man 3 DVD/Bluray announced it'd be out September 24. But most interesting is that, despite earlier reports, apparently the Agent Carter One Shot won't be included as was initially reported.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177779-iron-man-3-coming-to-dvd-and-blu-ray-september-24

I'm honestly not too surprised by this. I'd expect we'll see it either on the Thor - The Dark World Bluray since the DVD and Bluray release of that film will likely occur a few months before Captain America - The Winter Soldier's release in theaters, and the Agent Carter One Shot will act as a form of advertising for it: the film likely recaps Peggy's life between post WWII up through present day, and possibly even focus some on Sharon Carter (since she appears in Cap 2), and will end with a "...To Be Continued in Captain America - The Winter Soldier", complete with release date, etc.

Or it's even possible they're saving it for the Cap 2 Bluray itself, since it will serve as a prequel to that film. I'd wager on the Thor 2 Bluray though. So expect to see of around Feb or March of 2014, several months before Cap 2 in theaters.

Comingsoon.net says again that Agent Carter will be on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. Also Agent Carter is going to premiere at Comic Con next weekend.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106369

Also it's set a year after Cap's plane crash. So what 1946?

Yup just saw this myself. Looking forward to seeing it in September once the IM3 Bluray is released.

Not sure why there were the conflicting reports previously. So annoying. Anyway, will tentatively update the timeline until its released.

Hey guys, I've been lurking this thread, for over a year now, and I just wanted to say great work on keeping things so well organized!
Recently I found something it seems you guys have completely overlooked, and since I figured I finally have something to contribute,it seemed like a decent time join the discussion!

300px-Iron_Man_and_Hulk_Heroes_United.jpg

Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United is slated to release in December this year (original date was April, but production was pushed back)

In an interview with Marvel.com, producer Todd Casey stated "This story could take place sometime between "Marvel's The Avengers" and its upcoming sequel.",
Jeph Loeb also stated "we welcome people to interpret any way they like," when asked by Entertainment Weekly if the project was to be a sequel of sorts to The Avengers
Which, while both are seemingly vague statements, the Marvel Wiki and MCU wiki are treating this film as cannon (plus The design for Hulk on the DVD/Blu-Ray case looks insanely like the design from The Avengers)

Based off of the appearance of Tony's suits in the trailer, it would stand to reason the film would take place before Iron Man 3
[video=youtube;k-FmBJpycIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FmBJpycIQ[/video]

iammattie, thanks for the info, and welcome!

In terms of this movie, while it seems to be designed/influenced by the MCU, I wouldn't count it as canon.

For one, the vague statements by the producers and Loeb seem like it isn't officially a part of the canon, but COULD fit in...maybe. I see that as more of a marketing ploy of riding the coattails of the MCU movies' success as a way of fooling people into maybe thinking its a part of the universe.

But the thing is, if this were an actual part of the MCU, for one it'd have been officially announced as such by Feige and the other Marvel Studios powers that be, as well as have probably had much more coverage on fan sites.

There's also the possibility that events in this may cause timeline/continuity discrepancies in later MCU films, and I doubt the scriptwriters, directors, etc will be using this as reference material to prevent such a thing like is done with the official MCU releases. After all, look at how much coverage Agents of SHIELD has received, whereas this, while I'd heard of it, I haven't heard much beyond the fact it exists and is in development.

But yeah, I'd view this more as an "inspired by" canon as opposed to officially being a part of the MCU (maybe unofficially?). Sort of like the many MCU inspired comic books that appear to take place in the MCU, but aren't officially viewed as canon (like the Iron Man - Security Measures comic).

As for the wiki sites, sometimes those are incorrect in certain regards. For instance, many still list those unofficial, MCU inspired comics as occurring in the film universe, which according to the powers that be, they don't. Even Wikipedia itself lists the Marvel One Shot movies as being on the DVDs and Bluray releases, but the reality is they're only available on Bluray. Its one of the hazards of wikis, the ability of anyone to edit, and sometimes they're not accurate.

Do appreciate the heads up, though, as most of the news is heard by fellow members of the site and posted here before I read about it online otherwise. Always appreciate the help, so if you hear anything else or more definitive about this occurring in the MCU, definitely let me know and I'll add it.

Last edited:
Review and spoilers for the Agent Carter One-Shot shown at SDCC:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/marvel-s-agent-carter-one-shot-comic-con-2013-reaction

Sounds like fun! Also, looks like a couple of cast members from Captain America show up:
Howard Stark (which was known) and Dum Dum Dugan (which was a nice surprise). This also serves as an explanation for the creation of SHIELD.

This makes me want them to do an actual SHIELD film, but set in the 1940's or 1950's with Peggy, Howard, Dugan, and the other Howling Commandoes as operatives. Think the earlier time period would serve as a great way of counter pointing the current SHIELD shown in the MCU movies and Agents of SHIELD, and would allow them to introduce more dates or retro villains/characters which would work within that time setting. It'd be great, especially if it features an after credits scene set in the 1970's or 1980's featuring the recruitment of a young Nick Fury (played by a younger actor). Would be cool if Peggy or Howard is the one to recruit him (which would back up Fury's dialogue in Iron Man 2).

I see it as set in a veterans hospital or field hospital, where Howard and Peggy walk in and slowly approach a bed where a young African American man is resting, his head turned halfway away from the camera so as only showing a profile. Peggy introduces themselves and mentions how his performance on the recent mission that injured him brought him to their attention, as well as being recommended for multiple medals of valor, etc. It would end with Howard saying they'd like him to come work for them. The young man in bed finally responds and asks who they're with, to which Howard replies "We represent an organization called SHIELD." The young man then turns to face them, revealing a bandage covering his eye and revealing himself to be a young Nick Fury (not through dialogue, just implied through the visual).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back