The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

S4 E2: Marvin (M.M.) said Sage is 32 years old with an ID that reads her year of birth as "1992". I'll assume that ID is wrong, based on Jeffrey Dean Morgan's line in the previous episode.
The show has always seemed to have a sliding timeline, so this isn't a surprise sadly.

Well, I would rather call it a mistake than an intentional sliding timeline. One might argue that Runaways has a sliding timeline, but we wouldn't make that argument for that show.

Accidental sliding timeline?
U could make the same case with Power Rangers and DC post crisis comic universe.

Well, I would rather call it a mistake than an intentional sliding timeline. One might argue that Runaways has a sliding timeline, but we wouldn't make that argument for that show.

Accidental sliding timeline?
I mean the show has always seemed to have the belief each season is set in the release year. For example, Gen V showing 2019 for the flight in S1, S2 having September 30th, 2020 or Translucent's death in 2020, S4 having 2023 & 2024 dates. I don't see how it isn't a sliding timeline when they give dates that match the release year but don't really work with the show's internal timeline.

I mean the show has always seemed to have the belief each season is set in the release year. For example, Gen V showing 2019 for the flight in S1, S2 having September 30th, 2020 or Translucent's death in 2020, S4 having 2023 & 2024 dates. I don't see how it isn't a sliding timeline when they give dates that match the release year but don't really work with the show's internal timeline.
The most cemented examples of years I always go with.

Translucent's year of death is more objective than some years on a document or resume.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the Vought International YT videos.
(17 of the 52)
about them. It's possible to set them in the exact date they get released? Like how the tweets are in the MCU?

Making an example:

if a video came out on November 9th. Could be placed on November 9th in-universe too?

about them. It's possible to set them in the exact date they get released? Like how the tweets are in the MCU?

Making an example:

if a video came out on November 9th. Could be placed on November 9th in-universe too?
No because if I took in real life upload dates into account, I would have to consider Vought's Twitter posts 'canon' and it's clearly not.

Latest posts

Back