The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

@JudgeDreddpool BTW I saw that you have Crossed on your future timeline plans... that has some of the most harrowing things I've ever read in a mainstream-ish comic/manga aside from Berserk.

Just...bear in mind. Trigger warning.

Yeah...makes me VERY nervous how they'll handle Mark and Anissa when that time comes in Invincible. Cause it's a larger mine field now.
Exactly my concern. Especially since in the comics IIRC, Anissa never faced any real consequences for raping Mark, outside of some half-ass'd redemption sacrifice. IMO, you can't redeem a rapist at all, because honestly, rape is a special kind of evil. It can truly break someone and leave trauma on them for the rest of their life.

@JudgeDreddpool BTW I saw that you have Crossed on your future timeline plans... that has some of the most harrowing things I've ever read in a mainstream-ish comic that ain't manga like Berserk.

Just...bear in mind. Trigger warning.
And yeah, I've... read some of the Crossed storylines. Some of it (like Ennis's storylines, ironically) are pretty tame and manage to have some kind of restraint when it comes to the shock content, as well having some interesting characters that you wanna root for...

And then you have something like Crossed: Family Values, which has one of the main antagonists (the protagonist's father) being a pedophile who impregnated his own daughters... and he wasn't even infected by the C-Virus at all.

Last edited:
And yeah, I've... read some of the Crossed storylines. Some of it (like Ennis's storylines, ironically) are pretty tame and manage to have some kind of restraint and interesting characters that you wanna root for...

And then you have something like Crossed: Family Values, which has one of the main antagonists (the protagonist's father) being a pedophile who impregnated his own daughters... and he wasn't even infected by the C-Virus at all.
The character I'm referring to (easily one of Crossed's most despicable characters period):

Also, on the subject of Crossed, I actually saw this theory floating around that the virus that we see in Gen V S1/The Boys S4 is gonna end up being a very loose adaptation of the C-Virus.

My reaction to that:
j3kvv4sl3rk71.png

Also, on the subject of Crossed, I actually saw this theory floating around that the virus that we see in Gen V S1/The Boys S4 is gonna end up being a very loose adaptation of the C-Virus.

My reaction to that:
View attachment 2309
Just like how Preacher is somehow a prequel to The Boys?
Despite the lack of Vought products + the Apocalypse being advertised on TV.

I honestly don't think that The Boys: Mexico spin-off is going to happen at this point.

I honestly don't think that The Boys: Mexico spin-off is going to happen at this point.
From a month ago:

"Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, The Boys series creator Kripke said that it still might be "a while" before The Boys: Mexico truly gets off the ground.

'They are still making the deal with the writer for the pilot,' he explained. 'He has an amazing pitch, and we all giggle and think about how fun it would be. But there are a lot of hurdles for that show before it's a real show. He's got to write an amazing pilot, he's probably got to write an amazing episode 2. I think he can and he will, but we're a while away from truly starting to drop in the Easter eggs and the setups and stuff.'"

From a month ago:

"Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, The Boys series creator Kripke said that it still might be "a while" before The Boys: Mexico truly gets off the ground.

'They are still making the deal with the writer for the pilot,' he explained. 'He has an amazing pitch, and we all giggle and think about how fun it would be. But there are a lot of hurdles for that show before it's a real show. He's got to write an amazing pilot, he's probably got to write an amazing episode 2. I think he can and he will, but we're a while away from truly starting to drop in the Easter eggs and the setups and stuff.'"
So they're planning a sequel series in advance, and Vought is setting up shop in Mexico after the events of Season 5 I take it?

Also, poor Moriarty really messed up her face in this shot, Jesus. Girl looks like handsome Squidward.
1000007712.jpg
I think this just shows you how important it is to not let your insecurities about your body eat you up inside. She needed to heal her mind, not her face.

Also, poor Moriarty really messed up her face in this shot, Jesus. Girl looks like handsome Squidward.
View attachment 2383
I think this just shows you how important it is to not let your insecurities about your body eat you up inside. She needed to heal her mind, not her face.
I saw the actress for the first time in the Jessica Jones series. I really thought it was super beautiful there! It was a little sad for me to see his change. but I think she's still pretty anyway

Episode 7
HUGHIE GOT RAPED AGAIN?!? WTF!!!!!???!!! Why? Some shape-shifter did it with him while in the form of Annie...

TWICE. IN. A. ROW.
:oops:
And you can understand why I'm planning to drop this entire sh*tshow of a series. Doesn't help that the showrunner has publicly stated that he finds said situation "hilarious", especially as all the way back in Season 1, they treated Starlight's SA more seriously (double standards much, Eric?).

Not to mention the fact that they butchered Tek-Knight (one of the few actual good heroes in the comics) and made him much worse in the show.

Last edited:
This is the kind of shit that people accuse the Batwoman and Gotham Knights writers of doing: trying to piss off the fans or play fast/loose with its own morals.
Nope. That was just "We don't like Gotham City having modern day ills that reflect reality - it's anti-men!" from whiny little YouTube dipsh*ts.

On the other hand, The Boys definitely is trying to piss EVERYONE off, via Eric's writing...
God, if Season 4 is showing just how bad Eric is as a showrunner, I'm already dreading continuing with my Supernatural marathon. Haven't fully finished Season 1 yet, but well...
1721113795618.png

I still love the show very much, but I thought after that Tek Knight episode, more attention would be put on Hughie's mental decline and potential scar he received from that experience, yet the next episode barely, if at all touched on the subject.
I'm not sure an SA victim would be down to fuck around so soon after an experience like that with his GF, lest in a more kinky way (Annie wearing the Starlight costume). I would not have cared if Kripke found the Hughie situation hillarious on it's own, but my concern is that it even reflects on the series that they thought nothing more of that situation, than just something everyone would go haha over and then discard the entire sexual assault part afterwards...
I thought the series was about dealing with heavy things like that, the entire Season 1-2 was about Hughie getting over her girlfriend being murdered and now we are supposed to think he gets over the assault part in less than an episode? smh....

Latest posts

Back