The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

S4 E2: Marvin (M.M.) said Sage is 32 years old with an ID that reads her year of birth as "1992". I'll assume that ID is wrong, based on Jeffrey Dean Morgan's line in the previous episode.
The show has always seemed to have a sliding timeline, so this isn't a surprise sadly.

Well, I would rather call it a mistake than an intentional sliding timeline. One might argue that Runaways has a sliding timeline, but we wouldn't make that argument for that show.

Accidental sliding timeline?
U could make the same case with Power Rangers and DC post crisis comic universe.

Well, I would rather call it a mistake than an intentional sliding timeline. One might argue that Runaways has a sliding timeline, but we wouldn't make that argument for that show.

Accidental sliding timeline?
I mean the show has always seemed to have the belief each season is set in the release year. For example, Gen V showing 2019 for the flight in S1, S2 having September 30th, 2020 or Translucent's death in 2020, S4 having 2023 & 2024 dates. I don't see how it isn't a sliding timeline when they give dates that match the release year but don't really work with the show's internal timeline.

I mean the show has always seemed to have the belief each season is set in the release year. For example, Gen V showing 2019 for the flight in S1, S2 having September 30th, 2020 or Translucent's death in 2020, S4 having 2023 & 2024 dates. I don't see how it isn't a sliding timeline when they give dates that match the release year but don't really work with the show's internal timeline.
The most cemented examples of years I always go with.

Translucent's year of death is more objective than some years on a document or resume.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the Vought International YT videos.
(17 of the 52)
about them. It's possible to set them in the exact date they get released? Like how the tweets are in the MCU?

Making an example:

if a video came out on November 9th. Could be placed on November 9th in-universe too?

about them. It's possible to set them in the exact date they get released? Like how the tweets are in the MCU?

Making an example:

if a video came out on November 9th. Could be placed on November 9th in-universe too?
No because if I took in real life upload dates into account, I would have to consider Vought's Twitter posts 'canon' and it's clearly not.

Let's start with the Tek Knight sex dungeon part. Where did the idea come for it? And why bring Hughie into this situation now — kicking him when he's down by having him sexually assaulted by his childhood hero after his dad just died?
Well, that's a dark way to look at it! We view it as hilarious. Obviously, Tek Knight is our version of Batman, and we wanted to really play around with that trope: Batman's fascist underpinnings as a really wealthy dude who hunts poor people, and then profits of the incarceration. So that was one. Tek Knight was already set up to be a freak, so we were kind of already halfway there. Then the notion came up of, he should have a Batcave — but let's be honest, the Batcave would be a sex dungeon. Like, even the real Batcave is just this side of being a sex dungeon. It's really dark, and there's rubber suits everywhere. It's not that much of a push to add a couple dildos and then a weird urinal that turns into a face mask.
And in the comics, there's a great storyline where Hughie goes undercover disguised as a superhero. That was a story that Jack had always asked us to do. So part of it is, always be careful what you ask the writers for. Then we finally had this Webweaver character and the idea of Spider-Man going down to be kink tickled in the Batcave is just too good to pass up. I'm sorry, I just couldn't leave that on the table.

Yeah, f*ck this. This crosses so many lines that I'm about ready to jump ship after Season 4 ends. It's bad enough that most male victims of SA aren't taken seriously, and this is only going to worsen that stance.

As someone who has seen the fanbase for My Life as a Teenage Robot glorify something similar albeit a Newgrounds "r-word fantasy" parody by a shithead animator whose name starts with "Z" (which I find extremely disgusting) - I can't let stuff like this affect my enjoyment of the show itself. (NOT the parody of it, mind you...that ain't official nor canon.)

Although you're right that the buzz around it can be damaging, especially bad show runners or, in the case of MLaaTR, gross/stupid memes.
You're well within your right to not watch it. Not gonna argue against that, just giving my perspective personally.

There were parts of the episode I found funny, but a lot of it (you know what) was just straight up disturbing. I hate how they're treating sexual assault as a joke, what the fuck. It's disrespectful to survivors of rape and people within the BDSM community. For the former, they are continuing the pattern of making fun of male victims, and it's disgusting. Everyone who partakes in BDSM in The Boys just comes across as pathetic and evil in the show. I'm kind of getting sick of every single person with superpowers having some kind of deviant sexual attraction or kink.

They asked such a genuine question about Hughie too, and the just outright admitted they found it hilarious to have him get violated. :(

There were parts of the episode I found funny, but a lot of it (you know what) was just straight up disturbing. I hate how they're treating sexual assault as a joke, what the fuck. It's disrespectful to survivors of rape and people within the BDSM community. For the former, they are continuing the pattern of making fun of male victims, and it's disgusting. Everyone who partakes in BDSM in The Boys just comes across as pathetic and evil in the show. I'm kind of getting sick of every single person with superpowers having some kind of deviant sexual attraction or kink.

They asked such a genuine question about Hughie too, and the just outright admitted they found it hilarious to have him get violated. :(
You know the worst part about this whole thing? When during Season 1, The Deep SA'd Starlight, that was played completely seriously. No jokes or anything. Here, the thing with Hughie... they're clearly taking the piss out of stuff that male victims go through. It isn't hilarious at all, and that sorta stuff can truly destroy a person.

You know the worst part about this whole thing? When during Season 1, The Deep SA'd Starlight, that was played completely seriously. No jokes or anything. Here, the thing with Hughie... they're clearly taking the piss out of stuff that male victims go through. It isn't hilarious at all, and that sorta stuff can truly destroy a person.
Yeah...makes me VERY nervous how they'll handle Mark and Anissa when that time comes in Invincible. Cause it's a larger mine field now.

Back