Slasherverse - Timeline

JESUS... I am NOT ready to even touch Terrifier due to how fucked up everything gets in terms of the gore (and yes, I personally didn't find the Saw films to be that bad, but Terrifier just reeks of being a mean-spirited gore-fest, so don't expect me to help out with that stuff if you're adding it to the timeline.
I'm not adding it because it has no connection, I was just musing about the timeline of it exclusively on its own terms.

Also, eh, I think they're decent films with a lot of practical effect genius behind it, and great acting by David Howard Thornton. Sienna is a pretty strong heroine too, which helps. Yeah, there are long scenes of murder, but it's just some movie magic. I find that there's a healthy amount of levity from Art just being a silly goofy guy between slaughters. I also think that, as violent as these films are, it will never be as bad as you imagine it to be. I thought the same at one point, watched the scene where the lady was cut from bottom to top, and... wow, it wasn't that bad. Yes, it's messed up... but most of the fear from watching it is in your head. (I'm not telling you to watch it, I'm just sharing my experience.)

If there's one thing that shows some dignity, it's that Damien Leone has said Art will never cross the line that those Evil Dead trees did... if you know what I mean.

I'm not adding it because it has no connection, I was just musing about the timeline of it exclusively on its own terms.
Oh, good. Though, I'd imagine if the Hack/Slash crossover does get made, it means that Terrifier gets in depending on whether this comic is canon or not to the movies?
Also, eh, I think they're decent films with a lot of practical effect genius behind it, and great acting by David Howard Thornton. Sienna is a pretty strong heroine too, which helps. Yeah, there are long scenes of murder, but it's just some movie magic. I find that there's a healthy amount of levity from Art just being a silly goofy guy between slaughters. I also think that, as violent as these films are, it will never be as bad as you imagine it to be. I thought the same at one point, watched the scene where the lady was cut from bottom to top, and... wow, it wasn't that bad. Yes, it's messed up... but most of the fear from watching it is in your head. (I'm not telling you to watch it, I'm just sharing my experience.)
Honestly, practical effects aside, I just find the gore to be extremely over-the-top, brutal and mean-spirited for even my tastes. Again, Saw was fine in my books, but if those films are like The Boys (the original comic), then Terrifier is like Crossed in just how fucked up things can get.
If there's one thing that shows some dignity, it's that Damien Leone has said Art will never cross the line that those Evil Dead trees did... if you know what I mean.
I mean, yeah, the Evil Dead tree scene is fucked up, but from a practical out-of-universe standpoint, it's ultimately tame (after all, it was the 1980s) compared to, say, Allie's death scene in Terrifier 2. Even watching the censored version of the Kill Count for it almost made me wanna throw up.

Latest posts

Back